• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

genbatzu

But how? When I registered at the site, that US account was already there. It's not even the same email address I use for it. It's a bit strange, possibly some autologin based on my PSN store cookie. When I click "delete" in preferences, it asks me if I'm sure and then nothing happens :(

did it on my iPad, had no SEN/PSN cookies on it. I'm pretty sure PT links your acc. automatically if you have SEN/PSN cookies or are logged in.

THIS!

I have no idea why
delsin was saved
and by whom... was it ever explained? I mean
augustine had him, and then he just has flown away with a ton of concrete on him... who saved him?

//edit: oh, looks like I mean another encounter, but the question remains
Eugene's angel did. He called Delsin immediately after.

Raxus

THIS!

I have no idea why
delsin was saved
and by whom... was it ever explained? I mean
augustine had him, and then he just has flown away with a ton of concrete on him... who saved him?

//edit: oh, looks like I mean another encounter, but the question remains

Eugene saves him on the bridge. I assume he isn't taken in the first place because of Augustine's messed up goals. Even that is a stretch for me. Augustine was just a mess of a villain in general.

FeiRR

Banned
did it on my iPad, had no SEN/PSN cookies on it. I'm pretty sure PT links your acc. automatically if you have SEN/PSN cookies or are logged in.

So I'm out of PT missions unless I play it on that other account. Thanks anyway. I had the same problem with Battlelog and it took a month and getting through terrible EA (PL) support to remove the link. A trade-off for cheaper games, it seems.

totally unrelated to gameplay, but do you guys think this game is/will sell well?

i want it to be successful cause i fully enjoyed it and the franchise's future is usually easier to secure when the games are successful, although i'd want SP to do something else before returning to infamous further down the road

It supposed got more preorders than TLOU in the UK. Seeing as how it's the first real playstation exclusive for the PS4, it'll do pretty well as the 6 million people who bought PS4s want games to play.

genbatzu

So I'm out of PT missions unless I play it on that other account. Thanks anyway. I had the same problem with Battlelog and it took a month and getting through terrible EA (PL) support to remove the link. A trade-off for cheaper games, it seems.

why not create another PT account and link it with your proper PSN acc.?

shouldn't be a problem, since you don't need a registration key or anything for PT

Gun Animal

This is easily the best looking game I've ever played. I don't even care if games look any better than this because this is as good as games ever need to look. Not a single jagged polygon or aliasing or weird shadows or pop-in in sight. Other than hair and trees, this game basically looks no different to me than any pre-rendered CG I've ever seen.

Seriously, this game is breathtaking. Everyone needs to play it.

Also, to complaints about framerate: I've only noticed drops during Karma Bombs, and there's a good reason for that.

leng jai

totally unrelated to gameplay, but do you guys think this game is/will sell well?

i want it to be successful cause i fully enjoyed it and the franchise's future is usually easier to secure when the games are successful, although i'd want SP to do something else before returning to infamous further down the road

Can't see it doing badly. It's a solid game and a graphical powerhouse while being released in a baron launch window period.

Zomba13

The story was good, presentation was a little off in places (
very wierd cut from first encounter with Augustine to the hospital...unless I missed it was it ever explained why she never took Delsin???

This was the most off thing in the game story wise. I get her not taking you in if you pick the evil option of not saying anything but when you straight out say you are a conduit she lets you go?

Had a great time with my goody two shoes playthrough, and am having twice as much fun on my evil expert run. As I took care of all the completionist stuff in the first playthrough (all shards, cleared all districts, etc), its so much more relaxing (and intense) to just move through the world and missions organically, to have a real solid feel on the traversal and how the city is designed to get you moving easily, best of all: not having to worry about collateral damage at all.

This game could have been more, sure - but my God, Sucker Punch has improved so many facets of the series here in so many ways, and set such a high quality bar on those improvements that if the worst thing we can say about this game is that it plays like Infamous, then Sucker Punch should be extremely pleased with their handiwork.

I haven't vidya game binged like this in years and years. Hot damn.

Did anyone ever see the
DigiPen
reference? I saw them in the credits as if their likeness had been used, but I never spotted them in-game.

This was the most off thing in the game story wise. I get her not taking you in if you pick the evil option of not saying anything but when you straight out say you are a conduit she lets you go?
Because she doesn't believe Delsin. Recall the way he phrases his confession. He says he caught Hank's powers like a common cold. She thought it was a bad joke.

Another thing that adds to my theory that the story was changed at some point,
the title "Second Son" doesn't really make much sense. I mean, I guess Delsin is the younger brother, but calling him the Second Son is sort of weird when no parents are involved. If I had to guess, there was some correlation to the First Sons in the game and it was totally dropped, but they had already committed to the title. The two names are too similar to be coincidence, I think.

Did anyone ever see the
DigiPen
reference? I saw them in the credits as if their likeness had been used, but I never spotted them in-game.
Was wondering about that one too - haven't found it. But I thought that place was in Redmond? Its been a while since I've been up that way.

Which reminds me, this game really made me miss the place. I've got a lot of great memories from several trips up the coast. Some of the in-game locations are very well realized - at least they fit my memories well enough :)

Edit: Maybe this is overboard but it'd be helpful if some spoilers were marked as being related to good or evil runs. I can view hero campaign spoilers but still want to avoid knowing too much about the evil playthrough.

FeiRR

Banned
why not create another PT account and link it with your proper PSN acc.?

shouldn't be a problem, since you don't need a registration key or anything for PT

I just removed it all and it worked! Thanks for pointing out such an obvious thing. Must be that gloomy Monday morning...

ChrisW

Love going into a large crowd of civs and shooting one with neon so that they explode, which causes a chain reaction. Looks ace!

the title "Second Son" doesn't really make much sense. I mean, I guess Delsin is the younger brother, but calling him the Second Son is sort of weird when no parents are involved. If I had to guess, there was some correlation to the First Sons in the game and it was totally dropped, but they had already committed to the title. The two names are too similar to be coincidence, I think.

Well I think with the ending of the game and how similar evil Delsin is to Kessler, it might be a setup for a sequel where Delsin is the leader of his own conduit faction called the second son. After all, Delsin believes that conduits are superior to humans and need to have their own faction to protect themselves from the army.

imjust1n

Banned
ok, so im about 70% done with this story line and 75% collecting everything this is my first play through and its good delsin I might do a evil im not sure. I really like the graphics in this game the lighting and visuals are stunning I do like delsin as the main character as well. The villain is pretty cool. BUT there are some reason why I think this game is not so hot the music is kinda meh the game feel very empty and the AI seems very last gen. The side things you do in the game are very repetitive the story its self is not very innovative and seems like you know what will happen next. I will say if you like superhero collectible open world blow stuff up game then this game is for you. I will say is it worth 60 bucks no id say like 39.99 its a good i dont have any ps4 games to play so lets play this game.

wapplew

Unless Delsin become the leader of Second son in the sequel, the main villain.
Edit: beaten

What is the first thing that makes you think the story was changed?

Have beaten the game and down around half the side quests. My ranking of powers would be:

Video
Concrete
3.Smoke
4.Neon

Video's mobility is too good to want to give up at any point. It also does pretty good damage and invisibility comes in handy a lot.

I love concrete. Something feels more satisfying shooting concrete shards than smoke, neon, or video. It has surprisingly good mobility and I love charging into enemies. The lack of karma bomb doesn't bother me at all since I never used it once outside of bosses (good playthrough). Only thing I find annoying is how slow melee is.

3. Smoke is right there with
concrete
as my favorite power for combat. The problem is the lack of mobility, especially on the second island. Around half of the places you fight enemies are on the giant triangular concrete platforms that are much more of a pain to climb than the other 3 powers.

4. My main issue with neon is how weak it feels. The slow fire makes it feel like I'm doing really little damage and needing to charge the missile attack unlike the other 3 powers kept annoying me. It has probably the second best mobility but
Video
is so much better at it that I rarely used it for mobility anyways.

93xfan

Banned
Just started the paper trail mission. I'm wondering if paper man will beat Augustine, and if scissor man will show up to stop him.

Chuck

Still without luck
BjepEE6CMAAQ_pY.jpg:orig

CRAB MONEY

Alienous

Delsin's an idiot. (Endgame story spoilers)

"I saw you, you killed him" What? No. I saw him get encased in concrete, then Augustine proceeds to puncture your innards. If she killed him, I'm sure she'd use that method.

"Why did you kill him. He didn't do anything to you" Oh, right. You mean the death that occurs right after Knuckles the Echidna fires a rocket at her? What, Delsin?

Ugh. And I thought the acting in the early parts was truly terrible. I'm glad they picked it up for the finale.

Dinjooh

Just got my third power, and i'm guessing i'm about half-way through, although at first the game didn't really seem as good as I had hoped, it redeemed itself with the 3rd power, holy fucknuggets it's fun.

I rarely used smoke after I got newer powers because vertical traversal is such a pain.

smoke is the best for in-combat fighting traveling (in enclosed spaces) but traveling is still best with
video over all the powers
hell
video
is better in nearly all fights but if i could mix and match powers i'd always keep smoke's grenade

Putty

I:SS has shot straight to number 1 in the UK charts ahead of Ground Zero which sits in 2nd, Titanfall pushed down to 3rd with FF in at 4.

vooglie

I don't remember enemies spawning in the middle of a fight; I'll have to go back and check that out. In my experience they always show up on the map and are easy to track.

Sometimes other DUP trucks show up with more soldiers. Other than that I haven't seen random enemy spawns.

Odrion

Banned
Augustine's personality and motivations at the beginning of the game don't really jive with her at the end of the game. Also the endgame was super abrupt and felt like it was missing an arc or so.
Yup, super abrupt. It's funny to see so many people go "Wow, I got the third power up!" And not know that the ending is like two missions away. :p

you missed spelled the best boss fight in the game
It was fucking hard. If movement wasn't as good as it is, it'd be damned near impossible. Getting stuck to a ledge while
being shot with a steady laser beam stream
is REALLY goddamned frustrating. That said, I felt a sense of achievement after finishing it.

ankuo

Banned
Tbh the game is good but i definitely understand why it got the scores it got.. the side quest piss me off more then make me excited. The graphics are gorgeous though. overall a solid title. i just dont see that much replay value after finishing the game both as a good guy and bad guy.

Lingitiz

Tbh the game is good but i definitely understand why it got the scores it got.. the side quest piss me off more then make me excited. The graphics are gorgeous though. overall a solid title. i just dont see that much replay value after finishing the game both as a good guy and bad guy.

Replaying the game once is more replay value than most games have. Even then, it's very subjective. I'll probably get a ton of replays out of this, not back to back to back of course. Plus if paper trail ends with a 5th power being unlocked that would be really cool.

And I enjoy the sidequests, they let me play around with the mechanics some more and they're not too involved. It's nice to have an open world gave with a very doable 100% completion. I never even bothered with any side shit in the AC games or GTA because it's all uninteresting time wasters. I don't really find the parkour in AC or the driving in GTA fun at all, so it just feels like a chore for me. At least here I enjoy the core traversal mechanics enough to find liberating the districts worthwhile and satisfying.

It's strange, while the city is so purdy this time around, it feels so unmemorable and lifeless.. I remember the cities in the first two games so clearly (perhaps because of their cartoony characteristics), but I just find the rendition of Seattle to be so dull. Similarly, civilians feels like lifeless bugs rather than actual NPCs like the first two games, maybe because they can be one-shotted and can't really be interacted with as much as 1 & 2 - it'd be nice if ragdolls were included just for that extra sense of interactivity and 'feeling' combat.

Top Bottom