• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I had to actually reposition my desk during this game. Normally my PS4 sits atop my desktop box with PS3 on top of that and they're all connected to the monitor, but Infamous made it smell like heated plastic in there so that's that for that setup.

Ok so I really hope the Infamous ending turns out to be Canon this time...it just makes too much sense and would not even be hard to accomplish.

At this point Delsin has become a straight up villain he wiped out his tribe so stay with that, make him the prime Anatagonist for the next game. He's either taken over Seattle as his own personal haven, or another neighboring city if they want to change it up again. Hes let all of the other conduits out of Curden Cay absorbed their powers, corrupted a few and now he, Fetch, and a few other new baddies are creating anarchy.

Enter the New protagonist, who also happens to be Hanks daughter. The DUP realised after the events of SS she was infact a conduit so they decided to take her in and turn her into a weapon to fight Delsin, making sure she knows that Delsin killed her father. They send her in and now she has to decide wether to liberate the City or replace Delsin in the top seat of power (also being out for revenge), all while learning what the DUP are really all about(given the Infamous ending they could even be seen as actual "good guys").

You know they will just go with the good ending though which is kind of disappointing.

Holy shit. GREAT ideas. I would not mind one bit of that.

99102-thats-good-thats-damn-good-gif-hSoD.gif

MazeHaze

Banned
I just got neon. Holy shit this game rules. I can guarantee that running up walls with neon will never get old to me. I've spent the last 20 minutes just mindlessly holding circle and running around the city. Bravo Sucker Punch, this is amazing.

I really cannot state enough how happy I am that none of the missions were repetitive. I think if the game went on for much longer, things would have to get repeated and it'd become boring.

kurbaan

Banned
Im not sure how anyone can dislike the 3rd power. Its the best one for me.
Maybe calling it video was kinda lazy stupid but the actual power it self is pretty fun. Mostly the flying.

The "He Who Dwells" fight might be the single worst boss encounter I have played in years. It is confusing, hard to control, and simply not fun.

Oh you aint seen nothing yet. This game has some of the WORST boss encounters ever. Im on one right now and there is no way anyone played this and SP and though it was a good idea. Not to mention they recycle the exact same fight which was pretty lazy.

Near the end? Spoilers
man I am so ready for this game to end. These last few fights have been so frustrating. Just got concrete from Augustine and this boss battle is horrible.
So far Infamous 1 I think was the best in the series. Although characters in this one are much better.

Im not sure how anyone can dislike the 3rd power. Its the best one for me.
Maybe calling it video was kinda lazy stupid but the actual power it self is pretty fun. Mostly the flying.

Oh you aint seen nothing yet. This game has some of the WORST boss encounters ever. Im on one right now and there is no way anyone played this and SP and though it was a good idea. Not to mention they recycle the exact same fight which was pretty lazy.

Near the end? Spoilers
man I am so ready for this game to end. These last few fights have been so frustrating. Just got concrete from Augustine and this boss battle is horrible.
So far Infamous 1 I think was the best in the series. Although characters in this one are much better.

Am I the only one who really liked the boss fights?

This is my first Infamous game and my first purchase on the PS4 since Ghost/Battlefield 4 at launch, and holy fuck I am loving this game.

Soo good. Playing as a good guy because I just can't pull myself to do the "evil" actions, simply because I don't agree with them.

Just got to the third power, and I have to say, Delsin is a douche, and Reggie is awesome.

AlexIIDX

I just got neon. Holy shit this game rules. I can guarantee that running up walls with neon will never get old to me. I've spent the last 20 minutes just mindlessly holding circle and running around the city. Bravo Sucker Punch, this is amazing.

Just wait until you get unlimited speed burst with Neon, its glorious.

jadedm17

Its the best most fun I've had with a game in a long time.. Single player games bore me quite often.. like i bought tomb raider.. Barely played it.. I dunno.. This game gives me that itch when i stop playing.. The itch to come back and play more.. That itch is what makes games special imo..

Doesn't happen all that often lately but I'm glad this one makes me itchy.

I'm right with you, even reading this post nearly as much as I play.

I have a bad habit of not finishing single player games : I played only a few hours of Saints Row 4 and had my fill, and while I spent a ton of time on GTA V - and countless more hours once a PS4 version comes out - I think I got about 70% on that story as well.

Yet with inFamous SS I'm looking forward to an expert evil playthrough and I haven't finished my good playthrough yet.

This game has its faults, but as a whole its amazing.

MavFan619

Banned
I really wish they had done more with the side content.

I only have one more district left to go, but it's so tedious. I don't think I can do it all again in a second playthrough.
I find Paper Trail to be interesting at the moment. I usually hate open world game side content, didn't like it in GTAV, where those stranger missions felt lame and added nothing, so I like how focused the game is. Get really powerful then mess shit up.

RE_Player

The fans on my PS4 get pretty loud for inFamous but nothing will top Killzone Shadowfall. Sounds like a fucking jet engine when I play that game.

Chabbles

God damn that end boss was fucking amazing, some of the most impressive visuals i've ever seen, and one of the most memorable boss battles.

The game was a blast, i give it a 8.9/10. Now, time to go evil.

satori

Wth all these reports of the ps4 being loud. Mine is whisper quiet. Mine is digital btw.

Anyways on expert evil mode and so far I am enjoying it even more than my first play through. I can't remember the last game that I was able to do a second playthrough not to mention right after finishing it the first time.

If the combat/powers are this fun so far and branch into the other powers Holy shit I can't wait lol.

TsuWave

totally unrelated to gameplay, but do you guys think this game is/will sell well?

i want it to be successful cause i fully enjoyed it and the franchise's future is usually easier to secure when the games are successful, although i'd want SP to do something else before returning to infamous further down the road

TheNAC

Banned
totally unrelated to gameplay, but do you guys think this game is/will sell well?

i want it to be successful cause i fully enjoyed it and the franchise's future is usually easier to secure when the games are successful, although i'd want SP to do something else before returning to infamous further down the road

The amount of people on my friend list that bought it is high. Sales should look good.

genbatzu

finished my evil playthrough yesterday and began the good one. Love this game.

I also freed complete seattle before I attempted to do the final mission (basically I finished a district as soon as I entered the area)...
last power/endgame spoiler:
so I couldn't really do anything with concrete... Its a nice power, especially the extra defence, but it's lacking all of the enemies concrete abilities, a finisher afaik and the ability to absorb concrete from any sources.. just from enemies is kind of lame, especially sind everywhere in seattle are concrete structures ôo

//ah, end yes I've upgraded it completly, as soon as I got a new power during the fight against augustine

I also really liked the conversations, dialogs and monologs from/with Delsin, really made the game more alive for me. And I'm glad I played my us copy and not my de copy, I bet the german sync (if it has any) is not nearly as good - als always

ULTRA SPOILER: bad/evil/infamous Ending

Lucent

Welp, I'm all done with part 1 of the paper trail. This is pretty cool and interesting. I really hope that they give us a power at the end of this. It's definitely a good way to keep people playing even after finishing the game. Would be cool to add more of these in the future. And also full-fledged DLC maybe.

Putty

I'm just up to the point where you search what's her faces name "appartment", and I just love the gorgeous pink neon bolts when you initially have to chase her down, looks batshit insane, nice how it animates and also glows giving it real sense of depth. I imagine at night it looks just incredible! The game is almost ...too good! So I'm knocking a point of my review score 8). Really taking my time story wise so been doing a lot of the side story stuff and grabbing the shards....GZ ain't got a look in yet bar a 20 min quick go.

I thought I read someone mention close to a million pre-orders. So that and all the people that are going into the store and buying it and the digital people buying it, it should do quite well I think.

FeiRR

Banned
Welp, I'm all done with part 1 of the paper trail. This is pretty cool and interesting. I really hope that they give us a power at the end of this. It's definitely a good way to keep people playing even after finishing the game. Would be cool to add more of these in the future. And also full-fledged DLC maybe.

I have a question about Paper Trail. I've finished the game 100% and the only thing left is the PT mission icon. I'm there but nothing happens (no mission marker). I've registered at the site but my linked account is the one I bought it on (US) not the one I played it on. Does this mean I can't switch accounts and play PT missions?

wapplew

I hope the end of paper trail lead into a full-fledged DLC.
I'm pretty sure we get to use paper power, so we need additional content and skill tree come with that power.

genbatzu

I have a question about Paper Trail. I've finished the game 100% and the only thing left is the PT mission icon. I'm there but nothing happens (no mission marker). I've registered at the site but my linked account is the one I bought it on (US) not the one I played it on. Does this mean I can't switch accounts and play PT missions?

you shoud've linked your PT acc to your PS4 acc were you play SS on.

I linked my PT acc with my DE PSN Account, even though I bought the digital US copy of the game. works fine so far, finished beginning of PT - part 2

bebop242

I would have to say it will sell more then previous infamous games. Between the popularity of the ps4 and Sony actually advertising the game, its gotta do pretty good. Thanks to the commercials, i have a couple coworkers interested in the series now. (both only have ps3, no ps4s yet)

Striek

Finished it, loved it. Thought it added a lot to the tried-and-true formula. All of the new powers were friggin' awesome, I loved that from the start with smoke its clear that movement is key...and then they ramp it up with the second power...and the third OMG. Great way to utilise the open-world. Combat was awesome with all the tactics you could use and running circles around the enemies.

I gotta say its kind've a brave choice to open up the conduits to more than just traditional/tropey powers like in the first two games to more off-beat, wierd ones based on literally anything, but it works and I'm looking forward to having even crazier powers in the next game.

The story was good, presentation was a little off in places (
very wierd cut from first encounter with Augustine to the hospital...unless I missed it was it ever explained why she never took Delsin???
, as well as
the news report after you first "defeat" Augustine...lazy and leaves what happened very hazy and a bit anticlimatic when you're avenging your brother
).

The graphics were amazeballs. The motion blur in particular is ridiculously good, esp. noticeable in some of the boss fights. I'm looking forward to my second, evil playthrough.

The biggest down moment in the whole game was the opening grafitti act, I imagine that single-handedly put a lot of people off. Was a terrible way to open the game. That said once I got used to the controls they were fine, but still don't open with a hard to control/understand gimmick.

The biggest down moment in the whole game was the opening grafitti act, I imagine that single-handedly put a lot of people off. Was a terrible way to open the game. That said once I got used to the controls they were fine, but still don't open with a hard to control/understand gimmick.

haha, yeah, only later down the line i understood how to hold the controller properly :D they should have had some kind of an animation to show how to hold the controller instead of that small grunge icon.

XaosWolf

Finished my Good playthrough last night. Very fun, and the 3rd power was my mainstay. =D

Would have like more varied side missions and more time with the other characters.

You can tell we're in next gen now when you can actually see your spraypaint dry on the wall.

genbatzu

The story was good, presentation was a little off in places (
very wierd cut from first encounter with Augustine to the hospital...unless I missed it was it ever explained why she never took Delsin???

THIS!

I have no idea why
delsin was saved
and by whom... was it ever explained? I mean
augustine had him, and then he just has flown away with a ton of concrete on him... who saved him?

//edit: oh, looks like I mean another encounter, but the question remains

FeiRR

Banned
you shoud've linked your PT acc to your PS4 acc were you play SS on.

I linked my PT acc with my DE PSN Account, even though I bought the digital US copy of the game. works fine so far, finished beginning of PT - part 2

But how? When I registered at the site, that US account was already there. It's not even the same email address I use for it. It's a bit strange, possibly some autologin based on my PSN store cookie. When I click "delete" in preferences, it asks me if I'm sure and then nothing happens :(

THIS!

I have no idea why
delsin was saved
and by whom... was it ever explained? I mean
augustine had him, and then he just has flown away with a ton of concrete on him... who saved him?

//edit: oh, looks like I mean another encounter, but the question remains
Who do you know controls things that fly? That's who saved him.

Top Bottom