• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

shandy706

Sometimes it really looks like a city after an ebola outbreak.

2477569-infamous_secondson_nospoil-5.png

While pretty...those reflections are way off alignment wise. I always see this stuff in screenshots..lol. The shadow thing in F5 messes with me too now.

Kyoufu

Keeping away from this thread until I've finished my first playthrough but just popped in to ask if the game has any missable trophies that can only only be got at specific parts of the game?

I've set out to do a story focused playthough on Good/Normal, followed by a Evil/Hard run and then finishing with a trophy sweep back down on Normal for the platinum.

No spoilers if possible please!

Nope. Nothing missable.

Keeping away from this thread until I've finished my first playthrough but just popped in to ask if the game has any missable trophies that can only only be got at specific parts of the game?

I've set out to do a story focused playthough on Good/Normal, followed by a Evil/Hard run and then finishing with a trophy sweep back down on Normal for the platinum.

No spoilers if possible please!

I'd like to know this as well. That was my strategy with the previous two games.

andycapps

Just wanted to post and say that this game is really awesome. Probably about 5 hours into the game, though I've been doing a lot of the side missions so it'll probably take me a while longer to finish my first runthrough. Going through first time as good and next time will be evil. I don't get the urge to platinum anything, but I have that urge for this.

Alienous

I'll apologise in advance if my wording was misleading there;
there's a close approximation of the Ice Launch in the Concrete power set. Hit L1 to launch.

People who've not finished the game aren't going to know if Delsin succeeds in saving the tribe though, are they?

I just wanted it to work like it did for the enemies,
creating temporary terrain and whatnot. Perhaps create perches on the sides of buildings like enemies do.
It's really lazily handled, disappointingly.

And on your second point, whilst I'm not justifying spoilers, of course that was going to happen.

Ricky_R

Question about the power spoiler.
Was it concrete? I ask because if it was, then it's not really that much of a surprise since I assumed that I was going to get it sooner or later.

Kyoufu

Thanks.

Just also double checking that there's no trophies that require a certain action/scenario whilst at full Good karma either?

Nope. Just play normally. Stunt trophies can be done in post-game if you wish.

Question about the power spoiler.
Was it concrete? I ask because if it was, then it's not really that much of a surprise since I assumed that I was going to get it sooner or later.

Yes.

Andrew.

Banned
I can't believe they still haven't fixed the enemy AI.

Every enemy in the game has 100% perfect aim at all times from any distance. It is incredibly frustrating at times when you get in a little over your head, and are being assaulted from nearly every direction.

There's no good way to get out of fire other than run like a motherfucker until you are way out of the combat zone.I love this game a lot, more than any other InFamous, but this stuff was really bugging me last night. I kept saying to myself, who the fuck play tested this shit?

Sounds exactly like the enemy AI in the original inFamous. Doubt they'll patch any sort of change.

That's a bit disappointing to hear, but then again it isn't surprising.

PaulloDEC

I just wanted it to work like it did for the enemies,
creating temporary terrain and whatnot. Perhaps create perches on the sides of buildings like enemies do.
It's really lazily handled, disappointingly.

Yeah, that was a bit of a pity, especially given that we get to watch DUP goons doing it constantly throughout the entire game. I don't even need to be able to stand on it, I just like the visual effect.

And on your second point, whilst I'm not justifying spoilers, of course that was going to happen.

Perhaps, but you can never quite be sure what surprises they'll throw at you.
I certainly didn't expect the Reggie twist, for example.

KORNdoggy

For PS4, disc based games will only queue the download upon launch of the game. It's kinda silly. My digital install loaded it up as I downloaded the initial 5 GB.

alternatively, go into standby mode, then turn on the console again, it'll force it to download.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah, that was a bit of a pity, especially given that we get to watch DUP goons doing it constantly throughout the entire game. I don't even need to be able to stand on it, I just like the visual effect.

I liked to
neon jump off the small spirals they create. It's a tiny window but it's doable.

CryptiK

Future games need to breath more life into the City.

Things like:
-Some Pedestrians get involved in your fights depending on your karma eg. Throw rocks are you or your enemies(imagine Spiderman bridge Scene but smaller.)
-More gangs and variations.
-Give cars a use besides explosion.
-Civilian Helicopters and air craft

PaulloDEC

Things like:
-Some Pedestrians get involved in your fights depending on your karma eg. Throw rocks are you or your enemies(imagine Spiderman bridge Scene but smaller.)

They also provide a vertical launch if you stand on top of them and jump.

Alienous

Things like:

Lol, now I'm thinking of that scene from The Amazing Spider-Man film, except instead of crane operators trying to aid Spider-Man's swinging it's just a ton of pedestrians running up and breathing their second-hand smoke at you.

Lol doing drug bust and then climbing up on the roof to admire my work while the police come to the crime scene only to see the unconscious dealers is so satisfying

I am the BATMAN

Kyoufu

Things like:
-Some Pedestrians get involved in your fights depending on your karma

This already happens. I saw it near the end of the game when I had maxed Good karma. Civilians ganged up and killed some DUPs.
KuGsj.gif

Setsuna

Things like:

They implemented this into infamous 1 and 2 literally thee most annoying thing ever

Climbing building heres a rock, walking down lets punch this guy who has already shown to not care about civilians and can call down lightning

besides that what use will cars have besides explosions i hope you dont expect to drive the cars

Things like:

For your first point..

The first one actually happens, at least at you, after a certain point in the game when Augustine starts typecasting you as a villain peds will attack you on sight

Grisby

Things like:
Do they not throw rocks at you anymore when you're evil? They did in the first game.

So, I'm thinking about picking up a PS4 to buy this game.

I've never played any of the Infamous games, so should I start with this one, or would I be better served playing one of its predecessors? Is Second Son better than the first two games, by and large?

Alienous

Lol doing drug bust and then climbing up on the roof to admire my work while the police come to the crime scene only to see the unconscious dealers is so satisfying

I am the BATMAN

Yeah. To the game's credit I feel more like a superhero than the previous entries.

You know what would've been a cool mode? Being able to join another player's game as a journalist, and chasing their Delsin around the city (maybe with a Taxi, or something) taking pictures of their exploits. Bonus points for snapping a photo mid superpower, or traversal, or taking photos of the casualties of a battle.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I haven't finished the game so this remains to be seen, but I get the feeling that this game will end up being much shorter than the previous games.

Am I correct.

The first game is still my fav.

Things like:

It definitely seems like they forgot some of the lessons of the previous games. Pedestrians used to throw rocks depending on your karma (
although there is the last mission in SS, but used to be just on the street
). There were multiple groups of enemies in both games (inFamous: first sons, reapers, dust men, cops; inFamous 2: swamp monsters, vermaak 88, militia, cops; SS only has DUP, with cops and dealers making up tiny groups in occasional side missions). You used to be able to throw cars. Another thing I miss from the first game is the Karma side missions. Having totally different side missions in some territories was great, and they had their own storyline with them.

I've never played any of the Infamous games, so should I start with this one, or would I be better served playing one of its predecessors? Is Second Son better than the first two games, by and large?

From what I have played so far there is no need to play the first two. New hero, new story.

NeonDelta

Finished this last night, really enjoyed it, I played choosing bad karma all the time. Bit short but well worth the money, got a few more collectibles and side missions to get still

Sephzilla

Second Son is pretty stand alone from the previous two games. Personally I still think the story in the first game is the best one, but Second Son in every way else is superior. The main character in Second Son, in my opinion, is also way more likable and relate-able than Cole from the first two games.

bLaiSe

Someone help me with this Paper Trail stuff please.
I got these questions:
son's name, craziest Halloween costume, where do you park your car
I've tried EVERYTHING but no luck so far...

Pejo

Beat the game last night, good Karma maxed out and with all collectables/side missions done. Loved it!!! Definitely feels like a first entry for the generation, as in the side missions were very limited, only one faction of enemy, and not too many surprises, but I really enjoyed it anyways.

I loved the banter between Delsin and the other characters, as well as the story. It wasn't trying to be too much, (arguably until the ending cinematic), but was just overall a good start to the franchise for this gen.

That third power totally threw me for a loop, and I stuck with it pretty much the rest of the game after i got it.

Going for an evil playthrough next!

ron_bato

First time I completed a game 100%, as in I never bother with doing things to completion in other games. Never did with Infamous 1 or 2, but I just had so much fun with the game that I went and completed all the side stuff, which I must admit,was a bit of a drag when I was down to two districts (except the audio logs though, those were very cool and actually add something to the narrative of the game), but the diversity of play styles from the different powers really kept me going.

Going for second playthrough now on Evil Karma and going in on expert (I also didn't bother doing the opposite Karma in Infamous 1 and 2 because I never did care for Cole and Zeke much). I decided that this would be my first platinum because I'm already halfway there. Game is really fun. Still some room for improvement, but this has been the most fun game I've played in a long time.

I'm not sure if it's my tv or the game, but the brightness level changes all the time depending how the camera is angled. Its kind of annoying. Is it just the lighting in the game or something with my tv? I changed every feature I could think of on my tv and it still does it.

TsuWave

Things like:
-Some Pedestrians get involved in your fights depending on your karma eg. Throw rocks

they do that in previous infamous games and in this one as well

personally, i'd like to see NPC conduits affecting the world

Top Bottom