• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

PBY

Banned
Finally got to the HHD boss

A-this fight sucks.
B- how much game do I have left?

Side complaint- wish there were more enemy types.

Are custom soundtracks supported in this by any chance? Making a Seatlle grunge mix to this would be beyond badass.

I reaallllly want to climb the Space Needle while Pearl Jam's "Alive" guitar solo is playing in the background.

You can't rip or play any music on PS4 unless through their subscription service Music Unlimited. There was a pretty big thread about it here . Apparently it is coming but I'm sure it was a calculated move on Sony's part in order to drive up membership.

Screenshot tip I found on the next-gen screenshots thread. When you press the Options button to go into the menu, the HUD disappears for a split second. If you time the share button before opening the menu just right, you'll get a clean screenshot. It might take several tries so it's probably best to do it with a capture card taking video and just extract the frame.

Namikaze

Beat the game this weekend, tons of fun. Lots of judder though, I always thought it was locked at 30FPS and dropping below 30, but interesting to see it's 30-40 + unlocked. Would be nice to have a toggle like in Shadowfall.

Are custom soundtracks supported in this by any chance? Making a Seatlle grunge mix to this would be beyond badass.

I reaallllly want to climb the Space Needle while Pearl Jam's "Alive" guitar solo is playing in the background.

There isn't even an Music player application on the PS4 yet, but you can use Music Unlimited to create playlists.

Andrew.

Banned
PS4 doesn't support custom soundtracks, unless you're wanting to make a custom playlist in Music Unlimited (Sony's paid steaming service).

Damn. Thanks for the heads up!

Might have to look into this Music Unlimited...

And damn, the system wont even play music CD's yet? Sheeeeit.

My daughter loves the graffiti / tagging sections. She cracks up anytime I shake the controller to make the spray can rattling sound. I actually seek those out, think it is a cool thing. The art they put in is also well done.

I want some DLC where it just adds a ton of tagging portions to each map. TAG THE PLANET!

My daughter loves the graffiti / tagging sections. She cracks up anytime I shake the controller to make the spray can rattling sound.

It's dumb as hell, but shaking the controller like that and the rattling/spraying coming from the controller itself makes those segments strangely satisfying :lol

Just beat the game. Really enjoyed every minute of it. Going to do the optional stuff now, I hope they release DLC that delves further into the world, I think it is really interesting. I hope they touch more on the effects Cole had too.

Carbonox

That Evil ending...looooooooooooool made me laugh out loud.

Anyway, that was my Evil Expert run done, when does the Expert Trophy pop up? After the credits? Better fucking do, it's all I need for the Platinum.

Cannot believe you can't skip the damn thing.

Anyway, that was my Evil Expert run done, when does the Expert Trophy pop up? After the credits? Better fucking do, it's all I need for the Platinum.

I think so, for my Good playthrough the trophy showed up after I got dropped back into the world post-credits.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Yeah, it pops after the credits.

Teddified

The
Concrete
Power is neat in that you can
Hover with L1 and shoot with R2. I used it a lot during the Expert Boss fight. I really feel that fight should have ended with using a Concrete Karma Streak that encases her. And to normal people it either encases them to subdue or encases and kills.

Almost through clearing districts, and rocking missions. Evil playthrough is going to be SO FUN afterwards.

It's insane how much more fun I am having with evil. I don't normally like being the bad guy, but just not having to hold back and going all out with your powers really feels like how this game was meant to be played. I think everyone should experience it both ways.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Seriously, almost never being able to do my cosmic drop really sucks.

One more reason I should've gone bad instead of good.

I think out of the entire 15 hours I've been playing the game so far (still only 70% done with the game, though, so I'm not done yet), I think I've only messed up a Good Karma bomb twice. Maybe 3 at the most.

For the most part, I've had a grand time doing it. Some tips:

Smoke:

Add some points to (spoiler tagging for those that really don't want to know much that have yet to get the game)
the upgrade that makes coughing last longer, and the upgrade that will instant subdue enemies with headshots
, and use the L1 smoke bomb to crowd control by having everyone in it's vicinity start coughing, allowing you to dash in and subdue with triangle.

Neon:

Add some points to
the upgrade that allows you to slow down time, the upgrade that increases the length of slowdown, the upgrade that extends/expands your Stasis bubble, the upgrade that instantly recharges your slowdown each time you dash, and the upgrade that causes enemies to only need to be shot in the leg once to subdue them
. Then just make use of your mobility and Stasis bombs to slow enemies down and crowd control.

THIRD POWER SPOILERS BELOW

Only highlight if you have the third power:

Put some points into
making invisibility lasting longer, subduing more than one person while being invisible so you don't decloak, and aiming while hovering is pretty useful. I found it really hard to build karma with the third power at first, until I started using invisibility more

Combat is very satisfying and tactical, and SP give you many options in terms of mobility and offense to make managing large crowds of enemies not too bad.

Carbonox

Ok yeah the trophies popped after the credits and I now have the Platinum. Only Infamous game I haven't Platinumed is the first game but fuck returning to that after playing through Second Son. Maybe in the future so I have the hat-trick.

Been a pleasure guys, game is phenomenally fun. Could have done with more content and a better - maybe layered like the previous titles - story but it is by far one of the most fun superhero games ever made in terms of what you can do in it.

On to Ground Zeroes to see what this is like...

Alibi and Speed of Light are my personal favorite.
I like the random girl crying in the background

Yeah, the soundtrack is very good. Some of if is the same composer who worked on Looper and Brick.

I'm not sure who "Brain" is, though. I'm pretty sure it's not the metal band from the early 90s...
Oh no wonder it's so good

I think the Brain guy has my favorites though

This cumulonimbus track is really good

Pop

Guys what are the chances of getting a new power after the paper trail mission?

I'm expecting one. Regarding Audio Logs,
the guy states that there is more powers that you haven't seen yet. Plus the evil ending tells you want Delsin has planned.

Hopefully more come.

Pop

Ok yeah the trophies popped after the credits and I now have the Platinum. Only Infamous game I haven't Platinumed is the first game but fuck returning to that after playing through Second Son. Maybe in the future so I have the hat-trick.

Been a pleasure guys, game is phenomenally fun. Could have done with more content and a better - maybe layered like the previous titles - story but it is by far one of the most fun superhero games ever made in terms of what you can do in it.

On to Ground Zeroes to see what this is like...

We're just waiting on dlc now. Oh and paper trails stuff.

The game was great on good and evil playthrough.

Sry about the double post.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
What's thar paper trail thing

Teddified

I'm curious to see where the DLC lands, if it's non-canon like FoB. Or
if it's going to be during the story or after one/both of the endings.

graywolf323

just beat the game with the good ending

poor Reggie :'( was convinced he had to be alive, she just encased him in concrete after all

I think I would take a FoB style story over anything else. Gives SP more creative freedom to do whatever they want without having to adhere strictly to the existing story.

IndustryX

My daughter loves the graffiti / tagging sections. She cracks up anytime I shake the controller to make the spray can rattling sound. I actually seek those out, think it is a cool thing. The art they put in is also well done.

I want some DLC where it just adds a ton of tagging portions to each map. TAG THE PLANET!

I really enjoy these sections to, some really awesome tags in game, looking forward to doing it all over again with the opposite choice of tags (All evil tags last time)

EGM1966

It's insane how much more fun I am having with evil. I don't normally like being the bad guy, but just not having to hold back and going all out with your powers really feels like how this game was meant to be played. I think everyone should experience it both ways.

Every inFamous game for me I play good first, take my time, slowly build karma
Then I play evil when the plot is basically out apart from how they're going to twist the core moments to an evil slant and I can blast through while gaining evil Karma at a ridiculous rate by expedient of never ceasing to use my powers on the civilians providing a constant shooting gallery between missions.

Always feels to me like the intent you to play good first then bad. If nothing else I suspect being good would feel limiting if you played evil first due to the extra level of care needed not to undo your Karma gains.

Dead

well not really...yet
They should make post game DLC that is different based on the ending you play

Unless the 2 endings are so different that it would that hard...dunno, havent beated either yet :p

Typomancer

Neo Member
Other than the ones with evil machine guns on top, should I just never blow up APCs? They don’t seem to be doing anything for me other than occasionally helping me refill my smoke powers, and also killing a few civilians which I do not want to happen since I’m trying to be good during my first playthrough.

Still, my good guy meter is almost level 5 and I haven’t even played the first story mission… game is feeling a bit short already.

Moosichu

The ending of Infamous 2
good ending implied he was alive still!
I know, but Sucker Punch seem intent on ignoring that :-(! Also found a another unanswered plot element.

I think Fetch calls you 'one of those robots' when you are fighting her. Or is my brain scruffy?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I know, but Sucker Punch seem intent on ignoring that :-(! Also found a another unanswered plot element.

I think Fetch calls you 'one of those robots' when you are fighting her. Or is my brain scruffy?
I don't think she meant literal robots.

Ishan

well the avg user score on metacritic is now over the critics score. Thats pretty unusual. Any of you know other games with a similar trends?

Last power is so disappointing. Feels tacked on and underdeveloped compared to the others. Plus...
there was nothing for me to use it on.

abrack08

Other than the ones with evil machine guns on top, should I just never blow up APCs? They don’t seem to be doing anything for me other than occasionally helping me refill my smoke powers, and also killing a few civilians which I do not want to happen since I’m trying to be good during my first playthrough.

Still, my good guy meter is almost level 5 and I haven’t even played the first story mission… game is feeling a bit short already.

I don't get it, how can the game feel short if you haven't done the first story mission?

T.O.P

Banned
Could Infamous/Titanfall Gaf resist the meltdown if i'd dare to put a beanie on my Titan? lol

Halfway through the game anyway, loving the hell out of it, wich is weird thinking how 1&2 bored me to death just after a couple of hours

This game is just soooooo pretty <3

And i love the characters, Delsin is really a likeable guy, something i didn't expect, it scare me to go evil for the next run, i like being the good guy :/

Hoodbury

I keep getting this message when trying to do things with that papertrail stuff. I got it when trying to verify my sign up from the link in my email address and then when in trying to Link to My Account.

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information."

Anyone else?

For those who missed it, I figured out the best way to damage HHD last night.

When he switches sides after enough damage, don't make a bee-line straight for the raising set of platforms. He turns in to a bunch of angels to reassemble on the other side, shoot down those angels to do the bulk of the damage against him. The missiles you hit him with while he's fully-assembled are only meant to get him in to his disassembled form, not to be the main thrust of damage.

Last power is so disappointing. Feels tacked on and underdeveloped compared to the others. Plus...
there was nothing for me to use it on.
Luckily that's not true.

There are roaming DUP assaults that seem to move around the city. I started seeing these after I had cleared all districts. I'll get a message that "DUP assault of [district X] in progress". Its a nice touch that adds some bad guys and chaos to the mix even after you've cleared their bases out.

Ntsouls

Banned
Am I the only one who sees Crackdown and Saints Row 4 as better games?

I mean they had more to do in terms of either side missions, or stuff to do. Or powers a lone.

They both gave you weapons and vehicles. As WELL as MORE powers than you're given here in this game.

Ishan

Could Infamous/Titanfall Gaf resist the meltdown if i'd dare to put a beanie on my Titan? lol

Halfway through the game anyway, loving the hell out of it, wich is weird thinking how 1&2 bored me to death just after a couple of hours

This game is just soooooo pretty <3

And i love the characters, Delsin is really a likeable guy, something i didn't expect, it scare me to go evil for the next run, i like being the good guy :/

orbital drop a titan for platform partisanship :)

Top Bottom