• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Or you could vent up a building, melee snipers, jump off, slam guys on the ground, kick a couple before they get up, dash away, throw in a smoke grenade, subdue a couple more guys, and finish all the rest with an orbital drop.

There are more options than pew pew, run away, pew pew. Just saying.

This person gets it. Melee is good too.

Kyoufu

I agree with this. I actually didn't have this much of a problem with the first 2 infamous games.

I would much rather have a cover system than constantly having to run down the street every 15 seconds. I would rather them just tone down the enemies a bit though.

I also have trouble finding a power source sometimes, which can get annoying.

From what i have played, this is the worst infamous game.

How can you have trouble finding a power source? They're EVERYWHERE.

Rflagg

Really enjoying the game so far I have 45% left according to the game. I am undecided about if I will try to beat it on hard with my evil play through.

My ps4 is having issues connecting with infamous paper trail site after the first mission. :(

I just cleared two areas. I am confused by the talk of there being a lack of pedestrians. Those fools are FOREVER in my way taking pictures. I guess a lot of the complaints were pre patch?

I can already tell the Secret Agent missions are going to be my least favorite. Does it make more sense to save those for last
since the agent usually runs into a 100% DUP area
?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone getting the ce347878 or whatever error this fucking sucks is my ps4 broken? Other bLu rays and games work fine disc is brand new.

HORRORSHØW

Or you could vent up a building, melee snipers, jump off, slam guys on the ground, kick a couple before they get up, dash away, throw in a smoke grenade, subdue a couple more guys, and finish all the rest with an orbital drop.

There are more options than pew pew, run away, pew pew. Just saying.
exactly. this game gives you the tools to approach combat differently every time. if the fights feel stagnant, change things up. you'll enjoy the game more that way.

I can already tell the Secret Agent missions are going to be my least favorite. Does it make more sense to save those for last
?
they're really easy with neon powers. just slow down time and snipe 'em from afar. you may want to save those missions until you level up your neon powers a bit.

Ridley327

I just cleared two areas. I am confused by the talk of there being a lack of pedestrians. Those fools are FOREVER in my way taking pictures. I guess a lot of the complaints were pre patch?

?

Those missions are really, really easy once you start upgrading the Neon powers, since one of the abilities
adds a 5-second slow-mo effect when you use L2 to focus your aim.

I miss doing
shockwaves.

If Delson and Cole were to fight, perhaps Cole might win because he has
shockwaves.

I think Infamous 1 Cole is the strongest in terms of powers, but not ultimate. Delsin clearly takes the win on ultimate moves.

murgo

?

The best way to do those missions is to carefully approach all NPC's. Don't get too close and the agent will not run away. One headshot kills them immediately, at least neon always does.

Hazanko

Banned

?

Secret agent missions last two seconds. Stand on a roof look for person and defeat them before they run.

Crackdown and Infamous are very similar games. The approach to combat and traversal is the difference. Crackdown has more mindless combat. By the end of the game you are so powerful that a single grenade can take out a crowd. You can kick everything to death without worry. It was fun in it's own right.

I don't know about prototype, but that game is dead for a reason.

Plenty of great series get cancelled. Prototype 1-2 were great, they just had low sales.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think the people complaining about pedestrians are just judging by quick impressions running through an area. People don't really show up until you start clearing out the DUP.

IndustryX

I agree with this. I actually didn't have this much of a problem with the first 2 infamous games.

I would much rather have a cover system than constantly having to run down the street every 15 seconds. I would rather them just tone down the enemies a bit though.

I also have trouble finding a power source sometimes, which can get annoying.

From what i have played, this is the worst infamous game.

Dude every power source is on your map with a corresponding coloured icon.. and there is also an easy setting lol

This game would suck if it was just a pop out of cover and spam R1 type of game, the name of the game is always move and use all these awesome tools and movesets to destroy everything.

Basically just fly to top of building fire off rockets at auto turrets/super enemes, float above them slam down melee a couple, lob a few nades, get your 7 kill streak, use some secondary attacks shoot back on top of the roof slam some dudes down then unleash all hell with your super attack. Never gets old for me, I think this is one of the games that get's better the better you are at controlling the powers. Really, endless carnage for me anyway every encounter is fun and unique.

Traversal in this game FTW!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I got the plat last night. I was kinda bummed that "expert" mode is such a joke. I'm not even convinced that you're squishier on expert, so I'm not sure why it would be considered harder than the normal setting.

You quite obviously take more damage on expert.

How accurate is the game's version of Seattle? I see some landmarks here and there but I'm also noticing a lack of some. Mainly the twin Westin hotel towers seem to be missing.

The best way to do those missions is to carefully approach all NPC's. Don't get too close and the agent will not run away. One headshot kills them immediately, at least neon always does.

That might be my problem. I'm playing good and trying to get in for a melee rather than accidentally potshotting a pedestrian. Just stay far enough away and get a clean headshot. Makes sense. Thanks!

Certinty

I got the plat last night. I was kinda bummed that "expert" mode is such a joke. I'm not even convinced that you're squishier on expert, so I'm not sure why it would be considered harder than the normal setting.
Was it easy enough to complete without having to upgrade much?

TsuWave

bit stuck on the paper trail with the tracker drone, any hints?

there's not a lot of hints for that

just get a pen and paper and try numbers, if they're yellow that means they're part of the combination but they're in the wrong place, if they're green they're right and in the right place, if they'r "x" they're wrong and not part of the combination

you have 6 attempts before the password resets, its more than enough

ChrisW

there's not a lot of hints for that

just get a pen and paper and try numbers, if they're yellow that means they're part of the combination but they're in the wrong place, if they're green they're right and in the right place, if they'r "x" they're wrong and not part of the combination

you have 6 attempts before the password resets, its more than enough

Managed to figure it out with g/f, need to jump back into the game now

IndustryX

Every inFamous game for me I play good first, take my time, slowly build karma
Then I play evil when the plot is basically out apart from how they're going to twist the core moments to an evil slant and I can blast through while gaining evil Karma at a ridiculous rate by expedient of never ceasing to use my powers on the civilians providing a constant shooting gallery between missions.

Always feels to me like the intent you to play good first then bad. If nothing else I suspect being good would feel limiting if you played evil first due to the extra level of care needed not to undo your Karma gains.

Damn, your making my impending good karma playthrough sound sad, had so much fun playing as evil and shredding through everything and everyone in my way!

That might be my problem. I'm playing good and trying to get in for a melee rather than accidentally potshotting a pedestrian. Just stay far enough away and get a clean headshot. Makes sense. Thanks!

You don't need a headshot, one or two body shots of neon will do the trick

Or if you're playing evil just spam some missle/R1 attacks :D

Get evil karma for the civilians you "accidentally" hit. Man playing evil is soooo much easier

murgo

Oh wow, that makes those missions quite a lot harder. I always shot at them, sometimes even hitting pedestrians, but it doesn't really affect anything in the long run. I think I killed 10-15 ped's in my good playthrough and still got full positive Karma at the end :)

I never felt good being Evil, but in this game Evil is actually more powerful than Good. Infamous 1-2, the good powers were definitely more powerful, but smaller range of destruction.

Been avoiding this thread for a while now (didn't want any spoilers - even impression spoilers!), but I finished SS this morning. I have to say, while It did feel a bit on the short side (The second island is especially short), I enjoyed the game quite a lot. I'm actually going to start an Evil play-through later today, something I never do (replay right after beating a game for the first time).

One question though, anyone have trouble using the Paper Trail site? I've get a "You're not authorized to view this content" warning, I have a feeling it might have to do with me being overseas... (Latin America)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone getting tired of enemies spamming bullets? Having to always back off is really frustrating.

Do they have rocket enemies? Always more annoying in the first two Infamous games. They mostly just killed you instantly if the rocket lands near you. So many of them too.

NeoRausch

About the Brunberg Login for Paper Trail:

got the mail adress and clicked on "forgot password"

my answeres:

- oldest daugherter: Jaylene
- favouritevfast food rest.: Meaty Martha's (or Fieasta Couldron)
- Cat: Boots

no login... what am i missing?

Teddified

Do they have rocket enemies? Always more annoying in the first two Infamous games. They mostly just killed you instantly if the rocket lands near you. So many of them too.

There's fewer of them and they have a Green Laser pointing at you so you can easily see and deal with them. I played infamous 2 right before this game and they were annoying in 2 but very easy to deal with in this game because of the traversal abilities being great for dodging.

HORRORSHØW

my answeres:

you may want to try "
Meaty Martha's Fiesta Cauldron
."

Trouble

Banned
How accurate is the game's version of Seattle? I see some landmarks here and there but I'm also noticing a lack of some. Mainly the twin Westin hotel towers seem to be missing.

They didn't try to recreate Seattle.

There's a few landmarks (Space Needle, Elephant Car Wash) and they use some of the neighborhood names. That's pretty much where any actual resemblance to Seattle ends, lol.

The biggest annoyance is firefights is that some enemies will shoot you and it will cause Delsin to raise his hands up while he's being shot. While your hands are up, you can only move/dash away, but the state isn't incredibly obvious because you're never watching Delsin and the game does the dumb "we're just gonna make it impossible to see when your health is low" thing. So you feel like you should be shooting rockets but Delsin is actually just getting stunned.

I've tried about 6 variations of that.

So mad two steps from selling my ps4 on eBay and just buying a new graphics card. Fuck this shit.
If everone gave up on a console for owning one faulty unit the industry would have died long ago. If you bought a faulty graphics card would you give up on PC gaming as well?
Sorry your having shitty luck.
P.S if your PS4 is broken you might have a tough time selling it.

Ark

What's the game like on expert mode? All I have to do for the platinum now is re-play it through on expert mode and be evil.

murgo

my answeres:

Don't capitalize and the second answer is meaty martha's :)

Artorias

Banned
Was it easy enough to complete without having to upgrade much?

Yea, I only got the blast shards from the 2 or 3 required DUP trucks on the way to the end. I picked up about 20 right before entering the final area so I could upgrade
concrete
during the final battle.

If you want to spend as little time as possible, I noticed during several missions when they told me to clear an area I could actually just leave. Especially if they put a marker on your map already, there is no reason to keep fighting unless you're building a special to take out another truck.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
There's fewer of them and they have a Green Laser pointing at you so you can easily see and deal with them. I played infamous 2 right before this game and they were annoying in 2 but very easy to deal with in this game because of the traversal abilities being great for dodging.

Just finished up Infamous 2 myself this weekend, and my biggest issues were those rocket guys and all the big monsters. The Monsters were not too difficult to take down, just tedious and not fun to fight after the first time you figure them out.

Thank god you get a power that highlights the nearest blast shard wherever it is on the map in Infamous 2. Made collecting them all really easy after finishing the game. I STILL have two missing shards in Infamous 1 I could never find all those years ago. So fucking annoying. Irritates me thinking about how many laps I did on those islands breaking my L3 button in hopes they show up on the minimap.

What's the game like on expert mode? All I have to do for the platinum now is re-play it through on expert mode and be evil.

Your health is just a bit lower, very doable. Just like hard mode of the previous Infamous games.
Just finished up Infamous 2 myself this weekend, and my biggest issues were those rocket guys and all the big monsters. The Monsters were not too difficult to take down, just tedious and not fun to fight after the first time you figure them out.

Thank god you get a power that highlights the nearest blast shard wherever it is on the map in Infamous 2. Made collecting them all really easy after finishing the game. I STILL have two missing shards in Infamous 1 I could never find all those years ago. So fucking annoying. Irritates me thinking about how many laps I did on those islands breaking my L3 button in hopes they show up on the minimap.

Infamous SS streamlines the collecting even more. I love it since it's not tedious.

Kyoufu

Not much different to Normal. You're noticeably squishier but you're not made of paper. Though looking at this Paper Trail missions, I wish I was.

HORRORSHØW

it's a lot easier because: you're more familiar with the mechanics; the enemies aren't that much harder; and being evil means unadulterated violence with no repercussions.

Top Bottom