• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Zephyrus

Banned
Man, I keep reading this. You have got to upgrade all your powers fully. The third power is way more traversal than Neon.

So I just completed Part 1 of Paper Trails and I want more.
It opens you up to further exposure to other conduits
. Gotta wait for that Part 2 to drop. I like that Sucker Punch has events like Paper Trails planned out for content over time.

I did the mission and searched everything on the website but I didn't get a code for the signal tracker. What's the code?

legacyzero

Banned
Err...

Wow.

Well welcome to the club, pal :D

Might I recommend: Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Nirvana as well! The 90's were the pinnacle of rock imo...

HATE Pearl Jam and Nirvana. But love Soundgarden. Don't know much about Temple of the Dog, though.

*Enters flame proof bunker.*

Love standing on the edge of a roof top with the soundtrack playing, looking down thinking how I'm going to tackle the enemy's. This is the first game I've felt like a super hero.

hydruxo

If you think the gameplay is frustrating and boring, I hate to say it but you probably aren't playing correctly. Like myself and others have said many times on this thread, the combat is going to come off super difficult IF you stand around and take potshots at enemies. You absolutely have to stay moving to stay alive, and once you do that, you'll rarely die. And it gets way better as you collect shards and upgrade abilities.

JohngPR

I haven't played evil yet, but the street art on good karma is pretty clever. It's fun watching the thing come together in stages, you don't know what you're spraying but then it comes together and then I'm like "aha!" obamanotbad.jpg

Anyone else actually hold the controller sideways like a spray can?

I do. It's really gimmicky, but fun. :p I also like that the controller sounds like your are actually shaking a spray can.

Kuldar

I did the mission and searched everything on the website but I didn't get a code for the signal tracker. What's the code?
It's not the same code for everyone.
You have to go to the detective website, go to the employees login, choose "forgot your password" and find answers in the detective wallet. Then you will have access to detective files where the code is.

I don't think I've posted in here since Friday when I was waiting out the last few minutes of work before I could finally play.

After spending a good amount of time playing it this weekend... this game is great. It's beautiful and smooth, and as I expected I'm having lots of fun playing and navigating the city.

I just got
power#3
last night and haven't used it much or powered it up all the way.

Sucker Punch has done an amazing job.

If you think the gameplay is frustrating and boring, I hate to say it but you probably aren't playing correctly. Like myself and others have said many times on this thread, the combat is going to come off super difficult IF you stand around and take potshots at enemies. You absolutely have to stay moving to stay alive, and once you do that, you'll rarely die. And it gets way better as you collect shards and upgrade abilities.

Ya you have to mix up your move set while in combat, there's nothing like launching a car or a dumpster into a group of enemy. Can't wait to get off work and start playing again.

aro52

Paper Trail spoilers:
Look in the wallet for the guy's business card.
Go to website listed in his email address.
Click "forgot password".
Use stuff in the wallet to answer the security questions.
Once logged in, the code is in the case file.

Respect

About 40% in, having alot of fun so far, I know you need to play this twice and will certainly be doing so, but do get that feeling it is going to end too soon.

Infinite neon sprint is so much fun, I just find myself running around the whole city just for the hell of it.

I think the biggest graphical flaw this game has is the shadow popping when aiming. At day even very close to building you see the shadow lod switch when zoomed in.

At time i think it would have been better to just go with the lower level of shadows to get rid of that lod switch.

MajorPain

I am really enjoying this game and in my opinion this game justifies my PS4 purchase. This is the first infamous game for me and I really like it. Sucker Punch is a very talented studio and I would love for them to add multiplayer to this game.

I think the powers are great but I think the first 2 you get are much better than the third one and I switched back as soon as I could. Also I hated the boss fight right before you get the third power it was very frustrating in my opinion. Also wish there was more variety in the side missions but still love the game. Other than those 2 things I am really am enjoying this and would purchase dlc if they have it in the future.

Kyoufu

Okay, Platinumed.

So far I've platinumed every inFamous game except the first one (never got around to finishing the evil side).

Did we get the platinum at the same time?

Bjgq4ypIMAAzh9_.jpg

Kssio_Aug

I do respect, but I cant agree with those who are saying the gameplay is boring or frustrating.
I didnt even got the Neon power, and am having lots of fun with the combat!

Like some already said, the key is to keep moving. Delsin have high mobility skills, just keep moving and blasting and you will be fine, for sure! Upgrade the skills to use less resource and do not spare missiles at numbered or strong enemies. The gameplay is pure fun! I am always looking for combat!

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I didn't enjoy the first two games in the series but I loved this game. I thought it was a tad short, so I hope they include some major dlc since I thought the locale was cool and the powers were awesome. Easily a 9/10 for me

Nymphae

Banned
One of the things that bugs me about the game - no skippable cutscenes. Uggghh.

I started playing Hero, then quickly wanted to switch to evil. Had to watch all of the intro stuff again. Props for letting me pause the cutscenes, but shame on you for not allowing me to skip them. I don't care how long you worked on the scene or how proud you are of your work. I've seen it already, and it wasn't that fantastic the first time. Ok, the facial animations are amazing, but that doesn't excuse this. ALWAYS LET THE PLAYER SKIP A CINEMATIC. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Valonquar

About halfway through my Good playthrough after clearing Evil side. I'm a little disappointed in how similar they are. The good/bad choice for Eugene results in the exact same CS...

Ambitious

Spent some more time in the screenshot thread (game's not here yet), it looks just amazing. Would be cool if it were possible to change the color of the neon power.

Pop

ChrisW

this paper trail stuff is pretty sweet, kinda wish more of the side/main missions were like this (maybe not all on pc and ps4, just ps4)

Dante316

Wait a minute. The worst story? Are you kidding me! Delsin and reggie are awesome. The story made me laugh and cry. It was beautiful. Some of you must not have a brother. The story is very strong IMO

Dead

well not really...yet
this paper trail stuff is pretty sweet, kinda wish more of the side/main missions were like this (maybe not all on pc and ps4, just ps4)
Yeah. Did a mission, then did the ARG stuff on my tablet then back to the game, lol

Kssio_Aug

Guys, im not having much time to play lately, so I am kind lost about this paper trail missions. How I get access to them ingame?

Also, what have I recevied from the Limited (digital) Edition?

btkadams

wait, so you have to do stuff outside of the game for the paper trail missions? i just did the first mission in-game
where you follow the paper conduit, take pictures of evidence, and pick up some stuff.
it then uploaded my data to my paper trail website account. i made the account on that website but haven't done anything with it. what should i be doing now?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finished the game last night, as Good Delsin. Pretty good.

Watching Giant Bomb's quick look, I now realize, you can upgrade acquired abilities beyond their original level.

So, I didn't do any of that. Made Normal pretty challenging :lol

There was a hidden camera in a tree that I could not find for the life of me. I switched to smoke powers and that's when I finally found it. I doubt they're related, but I was so pissed I was willing to try anything, haha.

Artex

Banned

Watching Giant Bomb's quick look, I now realize, you can upgrade acquired abilities beyond their original level.

Lol....what?!

DNAbro

Yikes, how did you not notice every time you got a blast shard?

eliochip

Just got the third power. Does this thing have a "find the weakness" ability?

I love the flying thing but I don't wanna dump Neon for this because I can't leg shot people

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No, I added new powers, but upgrading the powers afterwards ( like, adding more rockets or "power storage" I never noticed it.

Fighting with 2 or 3 "rocket" limit the entire game, wasn't great.

zpSUnf3.jpg

these

Kssio_Aug

Yikes, how did you not notice every time you got a blast shard?

I believe he is talking about the skills with miltiple levels, like those to use less resource.

If not... omg! All those shards talking about upgrades! If that is the case, he should, definitely, play again. Would be a new experience. Lol

Edit: Yeah, that was it!

NeoRausch

mn9-challenge-wip-02sfu0y.png

edit:
oh, i see! pic is still nice!

Yesss I'm not the only one! Haha. I unlocked all of the branching abilities but didn't notice that some of them had the different "level" bars associated with them that you could upgrade....until I was like 2/3 through the game -_-

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Shit be trippin' balls yo. (click image for video)

camera clips through windows on the building, sunshine gradually seeps through!

hydruxo

wait, so you have to do stuff outside of the game for the paper trail missions? i just did the first mission in-game
where you follow the paper conduit, take pictures of evidence, and pick up some stuff.
it then uploaded my data to my paper trail website account. i made the account on that website but haven't done anything with it. what should i be doing now?

Yeah it gives you some items to look at and do your own detective work with.
A wallet full of items, crime scene photos, and Delsin's phone which you have to enter a tracking code into to continue the mission in-game. Without giving anything away, look through the wallet items and do some sleuthing.

I beat the game over the weekend and I have to say that Im a little disappointed in the game.

- The story is weak and pretty short. Seems to be missing the high stakes of the previous Infamous games

- None of the side activities are interesting, seriously the side missions suck. Stencil art was kinda cool the first dozen times you do it but its still incredibly limited, would have been awesome to be able to decide which design you wanted to use and where to use it.

- Delsin is obnoxious 95% of the time

This last complaint is a bit more nitpicky but does anybody else just kinda find the powers to be...weird? I mean why would humans evolve to be able to conjure man made things like
paper and video (this one bothers me the most....I mean, wtf are you shooting out of your hands with the video power? seems dumb)

The moment to moment combat is great, they've vastly improved the traversal mechanics, and oh yeah, the game can be ridiculously pretty, but these few niggles kept me from really loving this game.

EDIT: Spoiler tags added, my mistake.

Alot of people saying they don't like the secret agent missions, I love them it's like taking part in a marvel movie, one super hero chasing another, jumping across rooftops and and past the DUP with the intense music.

Just make sure you equip Neon with unlimited run and then your set!

I'll like scoping them out, then blasting them before they run.

Top Bottom