• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Pives

Do you think we will get new powers from upcoming updates or DLCs, like a Paper Power from the Paper Trail missions ?
I noticed several spots from where Delsin could absorb paper, like mailboxes and such.

Pop

Do you think we will get new powers from upcoming updates or DLCs, like a Paper Power from the Paper Trail missions ?
I noticed several spots from where Delsin could absorb paper, like mailboxes and such.

I'm hoping for it. Would be cool to have more powers.

Dizzle24

Okay, I just got to the 2md island. What I'm confused about is how Delsin
knows how to absorb blast shards
and
cores to gain new powers instantly.
I've paid close attention to the dialog, but I'm just not sure where this was discussed in the story.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
The pre-baked window reflections are pretty annoying once you notice them. First noticed them as I was going through a dark, unlit alleyway but passing windows reflecting a bunch of neon lights. I then went to a courtyard surrounded on all sides by tall buildings, and the windows were reflecting the Space Needle like it was right there, though it was clear on the other side of the map and not vaguely visible from that vantage point.

Vinc

This game is awesome so far. I have a few problems with the writing (certain moments are oddly dramatic when they shouldn't be all that much, and some of the dialogue is suspicious) and I hate how janky the climbing mechanics can feel, but other than that I've been having a blast. I really don't mind the repetitive side of this game considering how fun it is to just screw around and just... be a superhero. I'm making this game "varied" on my own!

David___

Banned
This game is awesome so far. I have a few problems with the writing (certain moments are oddly dramatic when they shouldn't be all that much, and some of the dialogue is suspicious) and I hate how janky the climbing mechanics can feel, but other than that I've been having a blast. I really don't mind the repetitive side of this game considering how fun it is to just screw around and just... be a superhero. I'm making this game "varied" on my own!

If you're climbing up buildings, you're doing it wrong.

Infamous SS is the sort of game we will all speak highly in 2, 3 years and wonder why the hell did it get a low average score when it came out. It's fantastic, it's fun, it's beautiful.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just beat it on good ending. Fucking awesome. The whole last act was just amazing.

Bravo Sucker Punch, by far the best infamous yet. Excellent pacing, story and characters and the gameplay is simply incredible.

Infamous SS is the sort of game we will all speak highly in 2, 3 years and wonder why the hell did it get a low average score when it came out. It's fantastic, it's fun, it's beautiful.

I actually feel like the opposite, I feel like the short and at times convoluted and rushed story combined with the lack of vanilla content and questionable power balancing will get a lot of flak in the next few months. As always, waiting on the backlash.

beast786

it really is great game. Even after finishing , I still randomly play everyday a little bit.

Replicant

Hope you aren't planning that evil playthrough for another 5-6 weeks.

Hmmm......knowing how busy I am that's probably not too hard to do. I still haven't plat South Park and I never get around to play Lightning Returns beyond the first 3 world. And I haven't even completed my Good playthrough of iSS.

If you're climbing up buildings, you're doing it wrong.

He probably haven't got the 2nd power yet.

Pop

I actually feel like the opposite, I feel like the short and at times convoluted and rushed story combined with the lack of vanilla content and questionable power balancing will get a lot of flak in the next few months. As always, waiting on the backlash.

That's not good for your health.

I even rushed my Evil expert playthrough and that still took about 9 to 10 hours. Not really short. And the powers are your own, why does it need proper balancing. There isn't mp. Powers feel right, you could get on top of a building faster with smoke but most aren't/don't want to use it anymore.

Vire

why would you do that in a game with such incredible lighting and weather?

It really is baffling to me. At the very least just have it randomly load in a different time of day each time you boot it up if you don't have the resources to make a dynamic weather system.

Still love this game though.

Endo Punk

Ive got 70 shards but I can't seem to move around in the upgrade menu to get new powers and upgrades, what's the deal?

It really is baffling to me. At the very least just have it randomly load in a different time of day each time you boot it up if you don't have the resources to make a dynamic weather system.

Still love this game though.

I hope they patch it in.

Odrion

Banned
80% is about right. Maybe a little too high. Hmm... Nah, 80% is just about right.

It's a pretty good game. And it's big thing is that it it's 100% pure next-gen console exclusive "AAA" game that doesn't seem to be broken, awful, or missing too many things.

But it's storyline is pretty incoherent and it does feel like it's missing some stuff compared to Infamous 2. Those flaws are probably attributed to it needing to be a March 2014 game.

-PXG-

Just finished my good karma play through. Fantastic fucking game. It was a real treat. Now to finish my evil save.

Every PS4 owner needs this game.

Anyone think they'll patch in weather and time of day changes for the post game?

Anyone think they'll patch in an actual post game?
Seriously LOVE this game, but Im afraid I'll have absolutely no reason to play it after I get the platinum.

Lol, I like that too. Kinda wish Delsin and the woman ended up with a stronger rapport by the end.

Yeah, the cute drawings on the playground. There are a few neon Sly signs around. Marquees talking about his arrest. The Sly 4 theme as Delsin's ringtone. Also "Panda King Gas" and "Cooper and McGrath" buildings.

There's also a "Cole McG's Electronics" building.

Surprised so many people are disliking that boss fight. I loved it.

Me too. It was a touch too long, but by no means a drag. Dancing around everything, launching off pads and skyrocketing with neon jump and then picking off R1 shots with neon was sublime.

When the sound cue for HHD's attack would start playing, I would use neon dash to gain momentum, jump insanely high in the same direction I was running, then hover for a bit while holding the left stick away from the direction I was traveling, followed by neon dashing back onto a nearby platform. At that point I'd charge my R1 shot a bit, slowdown time with L2 to focus my shot, then release L2 to let that sucker fly. It made that part super easy.

Odrion

Banned
For a game that feels like it's a little light on missions it's a bummer that they locked a bunch behind the limited edition and the ARG.

Also maaaaaan it needs that Infamous 2 "Mission Creator" back in it. Of all times that you'd want it, it'd be now.

Kyoufu

You know what I really love about this game? I don't know if it was in the previous two games, but when you drain a Blast Core and learn a new ability it shows a highlight of the ability.

Gets me hard every time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For a game that feels like it's a little light on missions it's a bummer that they locked a bunch behind the limited edition and the ARG.
You're not missing anything with the Cole's Legacy missions. They're pointless and the jacket looks ugly.

Also maaaaaan it needs that Infamous 2 "Mission Creator" back in it. Of all times that you'd want it, it'd be now.
Cole's Legacy is about 20 minutes long so eh. Also it's not very good and as said the jacket is ugly.

Top Bottom