• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Agreed on the Cole jacket. Ugly. I used the "iam8bit" vest for most of my game, from the Amazon pre-order deal.

Tp9JJc0.jpg

vilmer_

Agreed on the Cole jacket. Ugly. I used the "iam8bit" vest for most of my game, from the Amazon pre-order deal.

Tp9JJc0.jpg

Well damn, these are activated with that Amazon pre-order code we got? What's the code that comes with the game for then? I thought they were both Cole legacy unlocks so I didn't bother with the Amazon one lol.

Well damn, these are activated with that Amazon pre-order code we got? What's the code that comes with the game for then? I thought they were both Cole legacy unlocks so I didn't bother with the Amazon one lol.

Yeah, the Amazon one unlocks the vests. The one in the Limited Edition game case should be for Cole's Legacy.

fedexpeon

Banned
Game needs Hardcore difficult mode.
On my 2nd playthrough on Expert, the game is still easy due to how abusive the powers are.

Anyway, the 3rd power is underwhelming since neon run ability-fully unlocked is so much better and efficient.

I rather have the paper power from the dlc than the 3rd/4th power.
I hope at the end of these missions, you will be rewarded with it.

LProtag

I picked this up on a whim today because I felt like playing something new for my PS4.

Having a bit of fun with it so far, but I was kinda disappointed to hear that it's sort of a short game.

Shredderi

Just finished my hero playthrough. Really liked the gameplay, especially traversal. Also liked the new characters, but I must echo some of the other opinions that I would have liked to have them a little more fleshed out via more character centric missions.

Shame that they didn't include any outlandish character skins for this game. I loved playing my evil playthrough of infamous 2 with the badass reaper skin.

Overall, the story left me wanting for more. I thinks someone else said it before, but it kinda feels like it's missing an arc near the end. I just feel like the end came really quickly and would have liked more buildup.

Vinc

If you're climbing up buildings, you're doing it wrong.

Oh I know, but I'm early in the game and sometimes vents aren't close enough to make finding them worth it. But even without that, I just don't like the way Delsin seems to stick to surfaces whenever I jump somewhere. It just feels a bit janky to me.

TheMan

i wish you could change his entire outfit rather than just a stupid vest. gameplay is growing on me, although i find it annoying that grenades are hard to see sometimes. also, the camera doesn't always reorient fast enough.

vypek

Game needs Hardcore difficult mode.
On my 2nd playthrough on Expert, the game is still easy due to how abusive the powers are.

Anyway, the 3rd power is underwhelming since neon run ability-fully unlocked is so much better and efficient.

I rather have the paper power from the dlc than the 3rd/4th power.
I hope at the end of these missions, you will be rewarded with it.

I think the difficulty settings are fine considering the problems that exist for the enemy AI and bad boss battles.

Kyoufu

Oh I know, but I'm early in the game and sometimes vents aren't close enough to make finding them worth it. But even without that, I just don't like the way Delsin seems to stick to surfaces whenever I jump somewhere. It just feels a bit janky to me.

Climbing is bad enough that I just look for vents. Even if it takes longer to find a vent (they're everywhere) I find it more satisfying to zip up a vent and far less frustrating.

Aesius

I feel like I need to take a break from this game and play something else.

I enjoy it, and the graphics are amazing, but I'm having major open world burnout. I just played through AC: IV and almost 100%ed it, and before that it was Saints Row IV. So these repetitive tasks to clear districts are really tedious and boring to me after spending a combined 80 hours in those games.

Dragon

Banned
Anyone else having problem doing the destroy five cars in five seconds trophy? I'm definitely doing it and it's not triggering at all.

Anyone else having problem doing the destroy five cars in five seconds trophy? I'm definitely doing it and it's not triggering at all.

I did it on accident. You should try orbital drop or something with a bunch of cars lined up. Maybe they're not totally destroyed?

Replicant

I did it on accident. You should try orbital drop or something with a bunch of cars lined up. Maybe they're not totally destroyed?

LOL. Me too. I think I was hellbent on destroying the D.U.P messy construction and in the process triggering the trophy via explosion.

Try those armored moving vehicles too. When they stop to catch you, they effectively stop a few other cars behind them as well. Not always. But on some busy streets, they'll inevitably create traffic jam.

Speaking of trophy grinding, I find that Musicians and Sign Spinners tend to spawn in the northern half of the city more often and that they usually respawn after a death. So leave a DUP command center or something open, kill a spinner and a musician, then go get yourself killed. Then just fly around until you find another.

Kyoufu

As much as I enjoy the combat, I think the melee is really weak. I understand they're limited by just 1 button, but they can still do more with it.

Or give me a melee only power.

Mononoke

Banned

I got all of these when pre-ordering the game through PSN. I bought the "limited edition" digital version (was $59), and all of these instantly downloaded when the game released at midnight.

Megasoum

Banned
What the fuck is up with the
He who dwells
fight? Frustrating... I think the best I did after like 4 attempts is maybe 20% dmg.

Finished the game a True Hero with good karma.

End game was pretty sweet and heavy, didn't hate the final boss battle.

But that ending...my feels.

The billboard in honor of Reggie..God, that was beautiful.

What the fuck is up with the
He who dwells
fight? Frustrating... I think the best I did after like 4 attempts is maybe 20% dmg.

My winning strategy was as followed

1. Alternate between the smoke and neon elements in the lair
2. Spam him with smoke missiles and neon spike (basically the R1 specials)
3. Hover to the video jump pads when things get hairy
4. And for the love of God, make sure to use smoke during transitions,
Neon will send you straight into the lava lol

Is it just me or is this game REALLY unreliable on remote play? The connection abruptly drops every 10 minutes or so. It's not the usual moments of hitching and artifacts leading to a gradual drop when there are signal problems, it'll be running great and simply stop.

My winning strategy was as followed

1. Alternate between the smoke and neon elements in the lair
2. Spam him with smoke missiles and neon spike (basically the R1 specials)
3. Hover to the video jump pads when things get hairy
4. And for the love of God, make sure to use smoke during transitions,
Neon will send you straight into the lava lol

The lava was such a non-issue for me. (Real funny voice over there though) I just shot angels until the platform I was on almost touched the lava then ran and jumped over to the lift. Stayed neon the whole time, used R1 on his main body and got behind cover or dashed away when he retaliated.

anddo0

I can't seem to get this one shard located on the border of Uptown/Waterfront. It's a the same area of a building which I currently can't scale. I'm guessing the two are related.

leng jai

The lead up to the last boss was a serious wow moment graphically speaking. Uncharted 2 levels of wow, seriously insane stuff. The only downer was that the boss fight went on for too long.

def sim

I can't seem to get this one shard located on the border of Uptown/Waterfront. It's a the same area of a building which I currently can't scale. I'm guessing the two are related.

Yes. You get it once you do the mission the involves that building.

edit: beaten

PaulloDEC

The lead up to the last boss was a serious wow moment graphically speaking. Uncharted 2 levels of wow, seriously insane stuff.

Climbing Augustine's tower
you mean? I loved that whole sequence, really wish it could've gone for longer. Having
Fetch and Eugene show up to assist
was really cool too.

LawfulEnder

Neo Member
So I just finished
"The Test", I think it's called? The mission where you cross the bridge. How on earth do you not get a trophy for beating the boss using only smoke powers? Or at least some bonus dialogue - after all the effort I put in to doing that I'd like to get some kind of recognition here.

Top Bottom