• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

leng jai

Climbing Augustine's tower
you mean? I loved that whole sequence, really wish it could've gone for longer. Having
Fetch and Eugene show up to assist
was really cool too.

Yeah that part. The amount of stuff going on with Fetch and Eugene flying around was seriously insane. They should have been far more prominent during the main missions to mix things up. Most missions were dull compared to that.

vypek

So I just finished
"The Test", I think it's called? The mission where you cross the bridge. How on earth do you not get a trophy for beating the boss using only smoke powers? Or at least some bonus dialogue - after all the effort I put in to doing that I'd like to get some kind of recognition here.

Hm, I never even bothered to try that. Is there a place to draw smoke during that battle or is it that you're supposed to be conservative and beat the enemy without wasting any smoke? I guess they didn't want to program in a different kind of scene and it would sort of break the story if Augustine's suspicions weren't confirmed.

Vire

Climbing Augustine's tower
you mean? I loved that whole sequence, really wish it could've gone for longer. Having
Fetch and Eugene show up to assist
was really cool too

I actually found this to be rather corny and kinda comic booky/hokey. Especially,
Eugene's dialogue was cringe worthy with the Power Rangers accent.

Climbing the tower amounted to using the same smoke vent/rinse repeat. I feel like they could have made it more interesting to scale using the various powers. I also would have preferred if the final battle took place on the rooftop outside and featured rain/weather effects for extra drama rather than a small and enclosed room...

Small complaints aside I still very much enjoyed the game, I just would have done it a little differently in the lead up.

leng jai

I actually found this to be rather corny and kinda comic booky/hokey. Especially,

Climbing the tower amounted to using the same smoke vent/rinse repeat. I feel like they could have made it more interesting to scale using the various powers. I also would have preferred if the final battle took place on the rooftop outside and featured rain/weather effects for extra drama rather than a small and enclosed room...

Small complaints aside I still very much enjoyed the game, I just would have done it a little differently in the lead up.

That's exactly what made it awesome.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone got any tips for the Keep It Up trophy? I swear I've been doing it but it never registers. 3rd power spoiler
does hitting satelite dishes reset the counter?

NVM just got it

Anyone got any tips for the Keep It Up trophy? I swear I've been doing it but it never registers. 3rd power spoiler

yeah, don't
hit the satellite dishes, just dash and hover. Might help if you unlock the aim hover, airwave, and double dash - and start very high of course.

Kyoufu

Probably does, yeah. Just go on top of a tall building and hover. Third power hover is really good for staying in the air.

jet1911

4th power spoiler

Am I the only one dissapointed that the L1 "jump" with concret power does not look like when the DUP guys do it?

Vire

I guess? That was my biggest complaint with the first two games though (the cheesy story, insufferable supporting cast *cough* Zeke and the over the top ridiculousness).

I much preferred Second Son's more grounded approach up until the later half.

def sim

4th power spoiler

Am I the only one dissapointed that the L1 "jump" with concret power does not look like when the DUP guys do it?

Somewhat. I mean, the animation was there and it's ostensibly an ability of the ice power from the second game. It would have made sense to use it.

jet1911

Yeah I guess...but then again endless run with neon is kinda kick ass for traversal too.

Neon is the best power in the game. It's versatile, it looks great and the move set is useful in every situation. Sounds good too!

Disappointed, yes, but Delsin always has his own style so you'll never get 1:1 power copies with him.

I get that, but the way it's done now, there's no style at all. :p

Vire

Neon is definitely the most versatile in terms of balance between combat and traversal, but I don't find it nearly as fun to use as the other powers.

Slowing down time and sniping from a distance just feels like the antithesis of how you should be playing these games.

As much as I enjoy the combat, I think the melee is really weak. I understand they're limited by just 1 button, but they can still do more with it.

Or give me a melee only power.

The thing is the triangle button is only used for the "surrender" option. They could have easily added a heavy melee attack button to triangle. Could have opened up some combo abilities. Hopefully they do that for the next game.

Megasoum

Banned
Neon is definitely the most versatile in terms of balance between combat and traversal, but I don't find it nearly as fun to use as the other powers.

Slowing down time and sniping from a distance just feels like the antithesis of how you should play these games.

Ah yeah...but I play evil so there's no slowdown..just increased damage on head shot.

Kyoufu

The thing is the triangle button is only used for the "surrender" option. They could have easily added a heavy melee attack button to triangle. Could have opened up some combo abilities. Hopefully they do that for the next game.

Yeah. What they should do:

Square & Triangle for light and heavy melee attacks. Touchpad for Karma-based actions, such as healing civilians and subduing enemies if you have Good karma and executing civilians/enemies if you have Evil karma.

Hire me, Sucker Punch.

PaulloDEC

I loved
Eugene's hokey Video persona, accent and all. It seemed like just the sort of powerful character the kid would've imagined himself as,
which was kinda the point I think.

The tower
could've definitely used some extra variety, which is why I would've loved for the whole sequence to be a little longer. Didn't really diminish the experience for me though.

4th power spoiler

Nope, a few people have mentioned that. I won't be holding my breath, but it'd be cool if they patched it in later.

FaintDeftone

I'm loving this game so far. It really has it's hooks in me right now. I've been playing 3-4 hour long sessions, which is rare for me.

I did hate the part where you had to
shoot the angels and demons coming out of the TV screens.
Frustrated the hell out of me.

Otherwise, really diggin' it.

Just finished my infamous expert run. (did not 100% this one since I already did on my true hero normal one)

THAT WAS A REALLY FUCKED UP ENDING YO SHIT

i had an evil smile on my face the entire time.

The Lamp

Finally beat the game. Why the fuck does the fourth power not have a karmic super move? What kind of lazy bullshit is that, SP?

Oh well, it's cool at least.

veras

What the fuck is up with the
He who dwells
fight? Frustrating... I think the best I did after like 4 attempts is maybe 20% dmg.

Missiles will stun him out of his laser, and his missiles seem to only track the platform you're on - so as soon as he starts charging his laser, missile him, if he starts the missile move, switch platforms, and at all other times just spam shots at him (his laser and missile windups look different, different reticile etc, learn to differentiate them).

comet drop on 3 coughing enemies is hard :(

Do it on drug dealers that have holed up on a segment of a roof. They don't aggro until attacked, so toss a few smoke bombs from above/near them and drop down or use an exhaust jump to drop.

You don't need to kill them, just hit them, so even a slightly high jump and mashing down three close guys counts.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I just finished the tutorial section. I think I have all of the smoke powers now (including that move where you fly up really high and then come crashing down). I'm just running around blowing stuff up now. I can already tell this game is going to be a lot of fun.

velcry

Sigh. I can't access the DLC I got when I pre-ordered.

Problem was that I have a R2 disc. Then after it installed I switched over to my R1 account.

Was playing for about 4 hours until I found it fishy that I still hadn't encountered Cole's Legacy. Then checked my "Related Items" under my R1 account, and BAM! No DLC showed up.

Switched back to my R2 account. All the DLC is there under "Related Items".

I swear this never happened back in the PS3 days.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
BjikUzgCMAAz2Wl.jpg:large

Ah. Playing a hero run would be difficult if they helped out. At least in a cognitive dissonance kind of way.

Poor duders would be flying left and right. :(

[4th power spoilers]
It's even more difficult trying not to run over people with the fourth power, I always feel bad when I send three innocent civilians flying. Have to keep reminding myself that the concrete dash is not harmless like the neon dash :(

Ahh I can't wait for my evil playthrough.

Top Bottom