• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I've been playing this game for three days now. I'm at 49%, I've finally cleared one of the islands completely. So far this game has left a great impression. The 2nd power up has been really fun to use and upgrade. My only complain so far is that traversing the city can get tedious. Maybe future abilities will improve that. I also started the paper trail bonus missions and did the 1st quest. I really like the approach they took in those.

I'm really happy I chose to buy my ps4 with the launch of this game. I still can't believe how amazing Second Son looks.

Violater

This game really is half baked in a lot of areas its disappointing.
If I were to give it a grade it would be 6-7/10
I really hope they do a better job on their next game now that they have their engine up and running.

Jedi2016

I really hope they do a better job on their next game now that they have their engine up and running.
The biggest complaint I've seen about the game around the 'net is that the gameplay has barely changed since the last game. Having never played Infamous 2, I didn't really notice, but I do see where they missed some opportunities. I'd like to see more dramatic differences between powers next time (assuming we continue to play as Delsin or another character that can use multiple powers), so that each power plays completely differently to the others. Sure, it makes balancing the game trickier, but it's certainly do-able.

Grinchy

Banned
1898820_1435080350070gsysx.jpg

Bunch of weirdos.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Finished the game today, terrible ending. Felt so rushed and unfinished. The game is great but the story and characters are pretty crappy throughout. Except maybe Delson and Reggie

PaulloDEC

Is anyone still not able to download the DLC (the Cole's legacy and the jackets)?

Whenever I try to start the download it adds it to the downloads and then it says cannot download, "An error has occured. (CE-32920-6)".

There's some weird story going around about the downloads not actually being downloads; rather they're licenses that somehow made their way into the downloads list, hence the error message when you try to download them.

In any case, I'm in the same situation as you. No map-marker for the Cole missions, no exclusive jacket, can't download the DLC from the download list. Nobody seems to have a solution.

I am dumb I guess.... But one of the first missions where you have to destroy the mobile command center..... I keep failing. I even blew it up once.... Ideas??? Help!

I can't believe how cool it is :D - Totally overlooked.

Ehh, to me, aside from the invisibility it's the worst power. Least satisfying travel, and most useless melee. The shooting feels nice, but it's just good for the invisibility.

But I'm weird. The final power is my favourite, and I seem to be alone in that.
Hmm. I am on my Infamous playthrough now and I'm finding it to be my favorite ability in the game. The
demon summons, claws, numerous blades and extreme speed
give me heavy DMC vibes and put it a notch above bad karma neon, which I've found fairly useless outside of infinite speed.

There's some weird story going around about the downloads not actually being downloads; rather they're licenses that somehow made their way into the downloads list, hence the error message when you try to download them.

In any case, I'm in the same situation as you. No map-marker for the Cole missions, no exclusive jacket, can't download the DLC from the download list. Nobody seems to have a solution.

Yeah, I heard about that being an issue as well, it's pretty aggravating that I can't access the DLC, I want to play it now more then ever as I just beat the game.

I redeemed my code through the SEN website on my PC before I had downloaded the day-one patch, I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Did anyone else do something similar who has the same problem as us?

MavFan619

Banned
The biggest complaint I've seen about the game around the 'net is that the gameplay has barely changed since the last game. Having never played Infamous 2, I didn't really notice, but I do see where they missed some opportunities. I'd like to see more dramatic differences between powers next time (assuming we continue to play as Delsin or another character that can use multiple powers), so that each power plays completely differently to the others. Sure, it makes balancing the game trickier, but it's certainly do-able.
For me the neon as a Hero and
video as a bad guy
powers were the most fun I've had with any Infamous game. I like the different touches they have in combat and traversal.

Levyne

Banned
Grimløck;106067087 said:
evil or good? i definitely like smoke more when evil.

Good. But actually, I'm finding myself enjoying sniping at people's feet too.

I'm actually not liking this game as much as I thought I would. I mean, I don't dislike it, it's just not really grabbing me.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Got my plat, expert was easier than normal with the practice of the first play through.

I also changed difficulties after the truck crash, so screw the FUD about not touch the stick when you first get control.

Did you do
Cole's Legacy?

Oh man. This reminds me that I have to finish the side quests and collect some shards lol.

Question (and MAJOR SPOILER),
I finished the game and the ending credits had the name "Zeke" as one of the characters. By Zeke they mean THE Zeke from previous titles? If so, do we hear him in this particular mission?

EDIT: Oh shit! Answered below.

Cess007

Really dissapointed that
Cole
wasn't mention at all in the story.

Well, at least
if you do the Cole Legacy missions,
Zeke
appears
. It was something.

Anyway, about the Paper Trail mission, does anyone knows when the Episode/Part 2 is gonna go up. I got a mission and recollected new evidence, but it doesn't appear on the site, and i'm guessing i need to wait for Part 2, right?

I've 100% the Good ending, beat the game on Expert evil, and got the platinum...Now I guess I wait for the paper trail DLC to be fully done..I hope there's story DLC T~T.

Well, at least
if you do the Cole Legacy missions,
Zeke
appears
. It was something.

Anyway, about the Paper Trail mission, does anyone knows when the Episode/Part 2 is gonna go up. I got a mission and recollected new evidence, but it doesn't appear on the side, and i'm guessing i need to wait for Part 2, right?

I just did the same thing and was wondering.

Pimpwerx

Anyone got some tips for the trophies Drop Everything and Keep It Up.

I'm using the massive tower, I'm using the video power, I'm using the top top satellite but I'm not unlocking either.

For Drop Everything, I hit the satellite and float for a second then comet drop onto the street but it didn't work.

For Keep it up, I hit the satellite and hold the hover button and just hold it and hold it and I think I was in the air for at least 3 mins and it didn't unlock.

Did I do something wrong?

Experts help.
Go to top of tower with
video
and after you launch off a satellite dish, just press and hold X to hover. Hold it all the way to the ground, making sure to float far enough away from the tower that you reach the sidewalk. Ditto for comet drop, but you boost off the dish, do an air dash or two to get over the sidewalk, then immediately comet drop. You can drift that a bit too if you need more clearance. Use the HUD map to gauge your position over the street once you boost. PEACE.

Go to top of tower with
video
and after you launch off a satellite dish, just press and hold X to hover. Hold it all the way to the ground, making sure to float far enough away from the tower that you reach the sidewalk. Ditto for comet drop, but you boost off the dish, do an air dash or two to get over the sidewalk, then immediately comet drop. You can drift that a bit too if you need more clearance. Use the HUD map to gauge your position over the street once you boost. PEACE.

Thanks for the advice. Got them earlier tonight. All that's left is Expert Evil run (in progress) and a few skill trophies.

Razgreez

I've finally gotten around to playing a few hours of this game. I had noticed a number of times in this thread that posters were complaining about the climbing. While it's definitely not an improvement over InFamous 1, 2, and FoB I cannot say it is any worse. I find myself scaling buildings with relative ease just as I did in the first 3 instalments

I've finally gotten around to playing a few hours of this game. I had noticed a number of times in this thread that posters were complaining about the climbing. While it's definitely not an improvement over InFamous 1, 2, and FoB I cannot say it is any worse. I find myself scaling buildings with relative ease just as I did in the first 3 instalments

Climbing buildings becomes such a non factor later. I did find unlike previous Infamous games where you just keep tapping X, in this game it is better to hold X. For some reason he will grab a ledge more reliably if I am holding X when scaling a building the boring way, :p

Grinchy

Banned

What I liked about climbing in this game compared to I1 was that it was necessary at first but then you get more powerful and you can just shoot up buildings with ease from then on. After playing many hours of I1, the climbing did become tedious.

BadAss2961

Climbing was one of the fundamentals of the first two games. It's nowhere near as polished in Second Son, and the city itself isn't built for it either. Climbing goes out the window once you get the 2nd power.

Neon is pretty damn cool.

PaulloDEC

So this weird-ass thing happened. Australian promo for Second Son, in which an unshaven Aussie Delsin uses parkour to deliver Playstation 4s to what I can only assume are sports stars I'm supposed to recognize.

Yeah, I heard about that being an issue as well, it's pretty aggravating that I can't access the DLC, I want to play it now more then ever as I just beat the game.

I redeemed my code through the SEN website on my PC before I had downloaded the day-one patch, I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Did anyone else do something similar who has the same problem as us?

I've just finished it too, so we're in the same boat. I can't remember how I redeemed the code now... I don't think I did it via the website, but I could be wrong.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Just trashed the three house boats with Fetch. This game is a ton of fun. Do you have to set up the outside account for paper trail? I finished the first mission of it but it just keeps giving and error message and telling me to go back to the mission start to try again.

I'm also glad the game does a good job with autosaving. I had a hard lock for the first time on PS4 after doing a bunch of upgrading but before I could create a hard save. Had to reboot the system and watch it go through safe mode, but not a moment of progress was lost.

Rflagg

Got the platinum tonight it was actually easier for me on expert then normal, now to be fair I knew how to beat the bosses, played evil (which seemed to make smoke better) and I skipped most of the side stuff. Game was amazing even if it was a bit on the easy side so glad I got it.

Tabular

Banned
Damn those I untagged spoilers!

Just trashed the three house boats with Fetch. This game is a ton of fun. Do you have to set up the outside account for paper trail? I finished the first mission of it but it just keeps giving and error message and telling me to go back to the mission start to try again.

I'm also glad the game does a good job with autosaving. I had a hard lock for the first time on PS4 after doing a bunch of upgrading but before I could create a hard save. Had to reboot the system and watch it go through safe mode, but not a moment of progress was lost.

Ya. It saves progress nicely. At first I was hard saving a lot cause I wasn't sure though.

Just beat my first run through (evil). Very fun game, just very very short. Def gonna go for the plat. Also did not see the
video
power coming, but that was probably my favorite one.

One thing that really bothered me is that
Concrete power is got at the last boss, wish we would of got it a little before to actually use it

fernoca

So this weird-ass thing happened. Australian promo for Second Son, in which an unshaven Aussie Delsin uses parkour to deliver Playstation 4s to what I can only assume are sports stars I'm supposed to recognize.

I've just finished it too, so we're in the same boat. I can't remember how I redeemed the code now... I don't think I did it via the website, but I could be wrong.
Delsin giving always PS4..without cables and controllers!! :p ...at least Delsin and the 2 athletes were hot..Damn!! :)

And yeah,. I got the digital (limited) version and the extra DLC are on the "Services List". If you go to your library and check the 2 downloads, both appear as "download completed". Though I'm too early and don't know where..or when said stuff will appear.

Noticed that it seems to be something that Sony tarted doing at some point last year. As the recent "free DLC" for God of War Ascension also goes directly to the "services list".

I think the problem mainly stems from redeeming the code(s) before downloading the day-one patch.

I found this guy's tutorial, but it's not very helpful because it seems like his instructions are for a fresh start of the game, where my previous sentence's hypothesis comes from.

tensuke

Lol was the car just sitting there like that? I've come across one doing that too, it was holding up a DUP APC from moving. It was pretty funny, I managed to knock it back down though.

I've had a few other bugs, and I wish I could have recorded them properly but my Share stuff seems completely broken in inFamous. Multiple times I've seen guards/NPCs run in circles where they are, or ones across the street just randomly fall over.

My favorite bug has to be when you're
with Hank destroying the supports in the concrete tower
, there's this one support that has so far, EVERY TIME I've played that part, bugged out on me. I suppose it's because I'm being fired upon while trying to do it, not sure, but when I manage to swipe correctly on the touchpad and start breaking it, it stops and throws me back into playing, but with no HUD at all. It then comes back randomly later and allows me to break the support.

TBH, I like playing with no HUD at all. Not even a reticle, which makes it hard to aim, and of course I can't tell how much power I have, but it feels a lot more real to me not seeing a bunch of stuff clutter the screen.

I'm loving this game so far. When you get a hang of the controls and the variety of attacks and powers traversing the city becomes an absolute joy. Delsin is sort of a likeable, idealistic dickhead. Hope he has a good story arch. Cole only got interesting when the plot had really progressed I found.

Banzai

Finished my evil playthough on expert yesterday.
delsin orbital-dropping his people seemed like a little much but i liked the ending overall. I really hope the evil ending is the canon one this time. would be a cool setup for future games.

On to the good playthrough.

Top Bottom