• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

So how is it that some are able to do Paper Trail Part 2, while others can't?

When I go to Part 2, it says to check my profile. I log in, but there isn't anything beyond the murder pictures of "Crime Scene Photos Body #3: Jonas Petrovich". I don't see anything else I can do online, and the game won't let me progress farther with this mission.

i have the same issue.

Ugh why can't I look ar my trophies offline sony? Damnit I think I'm one trophy away from platinum(my first ever platinum so I'm anxious to get it) and I can't check because I have to sync my stupid trophies ugh so stupid anyways I think its the trophie for killing five enemies with ammo crates does anyone know if this is to kill five enemies with one crate or five enemies with any amount of crates?

Moosichu

I remember pretty well the good ending of infamous 2 and
it would not be a retcon. We can think he's not dead. But it's not a confirmation that he's alive.
And Nate Fox and Brian Fleming said multiple times that Cole is dead.

Heres why it would be a retcon...
so it is canon that the boat gets hit by lightning at the end of inFamous 2, not neccecarily that Cole is alive. So lets say that Cole was just a dead body and the boat got randomly hit by lightning. Because if there wasn't an alive conduit to absorb it (like Cole for instance), Zeke would be dead. :p The writers could very well have decided that Cole is dead, but it would have been a more recent one and a dissapointing one as well. The story in Second Son in general was inconsistent and not very strong even if the acting improved.

shakey

Neo Member
Ugh why can't I look ar my trophies offline sony? Damnit I think I'm one trophy away from platinum(my first ever platinum so I'm anxious to get it) and I can't check because I have to sync my stupid trophies ugh so stupid anyways I think its the trophie for killing five enemies with ammo crates does anyone know if this is to kill five enemies with one crate or five enemies with any amount of crates?

The latter.

Carl

I have to say I didn't enjoy the evil ending at all. But wrecking the city is a lot of fun. Also those nice touches when you play good (blue) and evil (red). Not only power colours change but also also clothes, graffiti, etc.

I quite liked the evil ending. Better than the good one IMO but not as good as I2's evil ending.

Macsta

Thought this game was way too short, powers were not enjoyable as the first 2 titles. I want Cole back! This game seems like a step backwards.

Moosichu

Fuck. Deleted my good save. Pressed new game to start on evil and I assumed that by saying 'do you want to save' it meant if I had done anything since the last autosave. I clicked 'no' and expected it to ask me in which slot to save the new game but nope. New game started and I have lost all. :-( At least I got all the good trophies though.

DigiMish

Fuck. Deleted my good save. Pressed new game to start on evil and I assumed that by saying 'do you want to save' it meant if I had done anything since the last autosave. I clicked 'no' and expected it to ask me in which slot to save the new game but nope. New game started and I have lost all. :-( At least I got all the good trophies though.

There's still a chance it might be on PSPlus if you have it.

Is anyone still not able to download the DLC (the Cole's legacy and the jackets)?

Whenever I try to start the download it adds it to the downloads and then it says cannot download, "An error has occured. (CE-32920-6)".

Anyone got some tips for the trophies Drop Everything and Keep It Up.

I'm using the massive tower, I'm using the video power, I'm using the top top satellite but I'm not unlocking either.

For Drop Everything, I hit the satellite and float for a second then comet drop onto the street but it didn't work.

For Keep it up, I hit the satellite and hold the hover button and just hold it and hold it and I think I was in the air for at least 3 mins and it didn't unlock.

Did I do something wrong?

Experts help.

Dragon

Banned
Anyone got some tips for the trophies Drop Everything and Keep It Up.

I'm using the massive tower, I'm using the video power, I'm using the top top satellite but I'm not unlocking either.

For Drop Everything, I hit the satellite and float for a second then comet drop onto the street but it didn't work.

For Keep it up, I hit the satellite and hold the hover button and just hold it and hold it and I think I was in the air for at least 3 mins and it didn't unlock.

Did I do something wrong?

Experts help.

You're doing the first one right. Just make sure you're finding the lowest possible ground. As for the hover I keep holding and letting go like a pendulum. It will only trigger once you hit the ground.

Lingitiz

Thought this game was way too short, powers were not enjoyable as the first 2 titles. I want Cole back! This game seems like a step backwards.

Agree with you on the length, it could use an extra few missions in the last third of the game. Disagree on the rest. I found the powers way more fun than anything with Cole (aside from the ice pillar in I2). Neon and the third power were so much fun, especially with the speed of traversal. Cole was also an incredibly bland and boring character and I wouldn't want to see him back unless they have a really good reason.

eso76

I like the game enough, but the way powers are upgraded is a joke.
As soon as you get a new power you basically also receive all upgrades (just open the boxes and take them) and you go from acquiring that power to fully upgraded with basically no game in between.

Yes there's the power ups you can 'buy' but I thought that was very strange.

Darksol

Just cleared everything on the bad side and did all the side quests. Now to complete the good end and receive my platinum. Wonderful game :)

hydruxo

Just finished my Good playthrough on Expert and got the platinum. Loved the game, but I'm extremely burnt out on it now that I'm finished with everything haha. Probably won't touch it again for a good while.

The time of day after you beat the game with Good karma really makes the graphics pop so much more than after you beat it on Evil.

Im glad I went into this never having played the last two Infamous', cause Im just enjoying the game for what it is and not giving a moment's thought to how superior or inferior its predecessors are

Namikaze1

And Platinum unlocked! My god that Evil ending.
Betty knew that was coming right? I mean, he did say they won't survive without him. I expected Delsin to react but not like that.

Cess007

Finished the game the last night. I gotta say i liked my first playthrough as a Hero, but i left kinda disappointed with the ending and other bits as:
Reggie dead was totally predicable and that take out the impact for me; also, i though both Fetch and Eugene were wasted characters for a lot of potential, but the game gave them too little time to develop

On the bright side; the Infamous games have always been like 100x the fun when played in Evil karma, so i can't wait to restart and now play my second playthrough as a bastard :)

Doing the Paper Trail and I am either entirely too stupid, or this is some Kojima level shit, but I can't find out what the Device Code is for the life of me. Can I have a hint?

I don't have access to the game at the moment, so maybe that is what I'm missing...

Cess007

Doing the Paper Trail and I am either entirely too stupid, or this is some Kojima level shit, but I can't find out what the Device Code is for the life of me. Can I have a hint?

I don't have access to the game at the moment, so maybe that is what I'm missing...

You need to
in your PC open the Detective Agency website, try to login and use the stuff from the wallet of the victim to try to decipher the password. (Hint:
You will still have to use the "Forget Password" option
) Then, search through the files and you will find the code in one of them eventually

You need to
in your PC open the Detective Agency website, try to login and use the stuff from the wallet of the victim to try to decipher the password. (Hint:
You will still have to use the "Forget Password" option
Then, search through the files and you will fine a code on one of them eventually

Ah, I gotcha. It really is like digging into someone. Thanks. Let's see if I can figure this out.

Oh shit, Paper Trail is amazing O_O

I can't believe how cool it is :D - Totally overlooked.

I just got
Video
and I'm a little underwhelmed. Does it pick up once I start upgrading stuff?

Ehh, to me, aside from the invisibility it's the worst power. Least satisfying travel, and most useless melee. The shooting feels nice, but it's just good for the invisibility.

But I'm weird. The final power is my favourite, and I seem to be alone in that.

A lot of people in here ragging on the final boss.

Having collected all but one blast shard beforehand it was an amazing boss for me.
get a power, upgrade it quick in the menu, fuck around with it, and then TRIPLE HOVER ALL AROUND HER ASS CAUSE SHE CAN'T TOUCH YOU DAWG

I can't believe how cool it is :D - Totally overlooked.

Ehh, to me, aside from the
invisibility
it's the worst power. Least satisfying travel, and most useless melee. The shooting feels nice, but it's just good for the
invisibility

But I'm weird. The final power is my favourite, and I seem to be alone in that.
The final power is my favorite too just because it's downright amazing for cleaning up after the campaign. The third power is right behind it for me because it's the most hover-battle styled power (well, after the fourth one which just turns you into a hover-god). I love spending the vast majority of my battles in the air and sidestepping with the third power's amazing dodge where surprisingly few can touch me

I find it absolutely hilarious that 99% of the third power spoiling in this thread is from people fucking up their spoiler tags and making that particular element of the power, uh, visible

I just got
Video
and I'm a little underwhelmed. Does it pick up once I start upgrading stuff?

It was my personal favorite of all the powers just slightly edging out neon.
The stealth and massively powerful melee are great but its main advantage is speed and maneuverability. I usually played a very hit and run style with this power. Dash in, invisible, subdue 2 dupes. dash out, fly up a building and blast a few with the blades. Dash into a dish gain altitude and comet drop ... its a fast, neat style to play the game. The hover mode is perfect for aerial attacks and the power really forces you to take advantage of the verticality. 'm only just starting my evil playthrough and I suspect it gets even better for evil - it has more upgrades on the evil side than the good side. It's also the best traversal power because of the speed. Playing that mission where you chase Hank around downtown Seattle by just soaring high over him and watching the action from far above was probably the most amazing thing in the generation so far for me.

Damn, I liked the game at first but not so much. After a few hours in I must say this game is a must buy for PS4 owners. It's really awesome.

leng jai

Is anyone else having difficulties with the cough drop trophy? I've tried it numerous times on the drug deals and it refuses to pop. I must be doing something wrong.

Is anyone else having difficulties with the cough drop trophy? I've tried it numerous times on the drug deals and it refuses to pop. I must be doing something wrong.
What worked for me. When you first learn Comet Drop during the tutorial/learning stages of Smoke. You have to comet drop on three DUP troopers. Use your smoke bomb, make them cough, Comet Drop on them, should unlock it.

Megasoum

Banned
So I've been mostly playing Diablo 3 since ROS came out. Tonight, while playing D3 I decided to rewatch the old inFamous 1 quicklook on Giantbomb.

Obviously it made me want to boot SS to continue my game.

Let me tell you, going from infamous 1 to SS is a bit of a shock lol..

Finished the Good ending and found it touching. Fantastic game overall and the new powers made me forget all about inF 1&2.

Paper Trail is fantastic so far. Gimme more like this in more games, SONY.

Side note: just went to see Divergent, and the whole time I had this urge to climb all the buildings on Chicago! Brain has been re-wired.

Keihart

Oops, i just dropped a shard on the sea.....
will i be able to get it back, does anybody know about this? does it respawn?

EDIT: So i loaded an auto save from minutes earlier and got it back , i wonder if there are people who lose theirs this way and don't know about it.

Endo Punk

So got the 3rd power and like it quite a bit. Traversal seems to get easier with each power but it's still the most fun with smoke. I'm addicted to jumping around from vent to vent, the evil upgrades to vent jumps make it all the more fun.

Going into a fight and switching from one power to the next as you take down dup after dup feels so damn satisfying. Core gameplay is good that the lack of variety in the side missions don't really bother me. And speaking of side missions, the graffiti ones are really well done, didn't feel gimmicky at all, great use of the speaker, which by the way I can hear all day when I absorb powers.

jet1911

1898820_1435080350070gsysx.jpg

Bunch of weirdos.

Top Bottom