• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Skyr

Finished my evil playthough on expert yesterday.
delsin orbital-dropping his people seemed like a little much but i liked the ending overall. I really hope the evil ending is the canon one this time. would be a cool setup for future games.

On to the good playthrough.

wow..... good job mate.. good job..

that just spoiled the ending for me. But thx for editing in spoiler tags afterwards.

Gertso

Neo Member
delsin orbital-dropping his people seemed like a little much but i liked the ending overall. I really hope the evil ending is the canon one this time. would be a cool setup for future games.

I did too tonight. Shit was pretty unsettling.

tensuke

If that were canon, oooooohhh man.
POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!!

Positional4

Neo Member
went round my friends house to play this last night.Looks so crisp and clean.If only it could run at locked 30 or 60fps,but that apart amazing

I wish i had money to get a ps4 i'm so envious of you guys .

Atlas157

Lol was the car just sitting there like that? I've come across one doing that too, it was holding up a DUP APC from moving. It was pretty funny, I managed to knock it back down though.

I've had a few other bugs, and I wish I could have recorded them properly but my Share stuff seems completely broken in inFamous. Multiple times I've seen guards/NPCs run in circles where they are, or ones across the street just randomly fall over.

My favorite bug has to be when you're
with Hank destroying the supports in the concrete tower
, there's this one support that has so far, EVERY TIME I've played that part, bugged out on me. I suppose it's because I'm being fired upon while trying to do it, not sure, but when I manage to swipe correctly on the touchpad and start breaking it, it stops and throws me back into playing, but with no HUD at all. It then comes back randomly later and allows me to break the support.

TBH, I like playing with no HUD at all. Not even a reticle, which makes it hard to aim, and of course I can't tell how much power I have, but it feels a lot more real to me not seeing a bunch of stuff clutter the screen.

That glitch never happened to me because I always take out the DUP guys before taking them down.

I did clip into a wall during my evil Expert run, but I instantly died a few seconds after. For some reason there was no water under that part of the map. I also saw a car clipping into a building soon after I got to Seattle on the evil run.

I find it weird that all this never happened to me on my good playthrough.

Fadobo

How do you change the logo? I've got the dlc but can't use it. Do you have to finish it or something?

As Cess007 mentioned you can change the logo of the jacket in the options. You get a new Jacket for every district you take over. The standard logo changes according to your karma. This specific one is Level 4 bad karma I think.

I have the limited edition DLC as well, but can't use it, because I have a German PSN account, but bought the game on a trip to the US (so if anybody from the US is stuck with standard, PM me for the code)

Edit: Code is gone

PaulloDEC

I think the problem mainly stems from redeeming the code(s) before downloading the day-one patch.

I found this guy's tutorial, but it's not very helpful because it seems like his instructions are for a fresh start of the game, where my previous sentence's hypothesis comes from.

Well, I can tell you one thing not to try. I figured I'd uninstall the game and see if it'd register the content if it was already licensed to my account when I re-installed. Game deleted fine, reinstalled fine, put me back in the city in my latest save-game correctly, only the Paper Trail marker was missing. I dick about in the city for a while and I'm told an update has finished downloading. Quit the game, install the update, jump back in and the Paper Trail icon is back, only it's back in the first location. Turns out it keeps most of your online progress (I only had to redo the drone keycode) but all the in-game stuff gets reset.

TLDR: Reinstalling the game doesn't fix the Cole's Legacy bug, but does cause you to have to replay the Paper Trail missions.

If that were canon, oooooohhh man.
POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!!

Sure, given he can find enough
relay cores to power those powers...

I did too tonight. Shit was pretty unsettling.

Well, if you recall, Delsin did say
they were going to die anyway eventually (what with Augustine having had been pwned and the Okomish being too uptight to let Delsin remove the concrete shards from their bodies; nobody else left to remove the concrete from their bodies...).

genbatzu

For Keep it up, I hit the satellite and hold the hover button and just hold it and hold it and I think I was in the air for at least 3 mins and it didn't unlock.

Did I do something wrong?

Experts help.

i did the "keep it up" on the
eugine boss fight
with smoke, just dash from platform to platform without landing, in the
3rd boss phase
. The trophy pops up when you land somehwere. It's by far the easiest method, since you can stay forever in the air here, even with smoke

tensuke

i did the "keep it up" on the
eugine boss fight
with smoke, just dash from platform to platform without landing, in the
3rd boss phase
. The trophy pops up when you land somehwere. It's by far the easiest method, since you can stay forever in the air here, even with smoke

I just went to a tall building and jumped off, holding X to hover and fall as slow as possible. Ended up taking like a minute to reach the ground.

Sure, given he can find enough
relay cores to power those powers...

Well, if you recall, Delsin did say
they were going to die anyway eventually (what with Augustine having had been pwned and the Okomish being too uptight to let Delsin remove the concrete shards from their bodies; nobody else left to remove the concrete from their bodies...).
My theory is that Cole/Delsin uses those to speed up the process of learning. Everbody else had to practice and learn or even wait like Kessler.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Good. But actually, I'm finding myself enjoying sniping at people's feet too.

It's awful when there's any cover at all. It's so much easier to go for the red target then.

The boss fihgt leading to the third power was fantastic ..i loved it

Kudos sucker punch

And third power is magnificent.thank god i wasn't spoiled

123rl

The boss fihgt leading to the third power was fantastic ..i loved it

Kudos sucker punch

And third power is magnificent.thank god i wasn't spoiled

I enjoyed that one too. Cool fight, excellent build up to to the battle, and the third power is a lot of fun.

I'm quite a bit ahead of that now and I think I am very close to finishing the story missions. I've really enjoyed it so far

kp6EVdE.jpg

Apparantly parking their cars is something the people of Seattle have a hard time with.
Bjxoq69IgAAWIV_.jpg:orig

Korezo

I feel like sucker punch made the same game 3 times. After 30 mins I was tired of this game. The game is the exact same progression as infamous 1 so far. I feel like I played this already.

Ambitious

I originally wanted to do an evil playthrough first, but that first decision.. I just couldn't do it.

I think you should use the setting that sounds best for you.

Certainly. Which is actually Home Theater - I realized the bass setting of the speakers was off.

tensuke

I started seeing that happen a lot at one point and got all excited because I thought I was about to get some telekinesis power. :<

No, you just get game-bug power with the ability to break physics/AI. Only, it's a passive power you have no control over, but experience throughout the game.

At the beginning.. I have discovered what might be a bug. The mission that ask you to destroy the mobile command unit...

I find the unit and shoot at it. Cops (whatever) jump out and start shooting. I take them out but before I have a chance to destroy the mobile unit... I get a message saying i did not destroy it... or something like that.

What am I doing wrong? Sometiems as soon as I see it.. I get the message saying I failed.

I feel like sucker punch made the same game 3 times. After 30 mins I was tired of this game. The game is the exact same progression as infamous 1 so far. I feel like I played this already.
It's not the same game at all. Best infamous game I've ever played by a mile.

U need to play for longer than just 30 min. At least get your neon powers as the gameplay is totally different from smoke powers.

Once u get your third power it changes up some more.

The game is a blast, pretty, and has much better characters than the first two games. Much much better.

Fadobo

At the beginning.. I have discovered what might be a bug. The mission that ask you to destroy the mobile command unit...

I find the unit and shoot at it. Cops (whatever) jump out and start shooting. I take them out but before I have a chance to destroy the mobile unit... I get a message saying i did not destroy it... or something like that.

What am I doing wrong? Sometiems as soon as I see it.. I get the message saying I failed.

Not sure what you are doing, but for the MCUs, you need to shoot the panels on the side first, revealing some blue-ish pipes you have to take out. After destroying 5 of them (it has 4 on each side) you have to jump on top and lift the core using the touch pad and hammer it with the fire-button. You pretty much have to get rid of all the cops nearby first though, since them hitting you cancels the destruction. If you mean that the DUPs (Cops) jumped out of the MCU, then its just a transporter, not the MCU (it doesn't have doors)...

tensuke

Are you going too far away from it? You'll fail the mission if you move too far away, and the radius for the first mission was pretty small. Maybe you're finding a DUP APC (since those transport DUPs) out in the wild but you get too far from the MCU (which has no guys inside)?

bob page

I stayed in the dark about Second Son from the moment it was announced and didn't really know what to expect at its release except for its graphics. That said, I'm having a blast so far. Pretty much aspect of the game, from the visuals to the voice acting to the power, has me blown away. I was worried about the gameplay based on the previous titles but after about 8 hours of play time, I'm having tons of fun.

If I didn't already have a PS4, I definitely would have purchased one for this game.

Not sure what you are doing, but for the MCUs, you need to shoot the panels on the side first, revealing some blue-ish pipes you have to take out. After destroying 5 of them (it has 4 on each side) you have to jump on top and lift the core using the touch pad and hammer it with the fire-button. You pretty much have to get rid of all the cops nearby first though, since them hitting you cancels the destruction. If you mean that the DUPs (Cops) jumped out of the MCU, then its just a transporter, not the MCU (it doesn't have doors)...

That is just odd. It shows on the map... and says stop it before it gets to Seattle or something...
It sounds like I cant finish the mission. Am I right in thinking the Mobile command unit looks like a Humvee? I shoot it once and cops come out... so maybe its not it.
I shoot the sniper on the catwalk.. and it usually prompts the guy to tell me about it.

Are you going too far away from it? You'll fail the mission if you move too far away, and the radius for the first mission was pretty small. Maybe you're finding a DUP APC (since those transport DUPs) out in the wild but you get too far from the MCU (which has no guys inside)?

I am thinking that has to be it. I wonder if it will be marked on the map? The one I have been going after is driving around the block.

Raptor

I did not like the Third Power that much, still went back to Smoke and Neon after I got it, I guess it will serve for Thropies or something, Boss Fight was amazing though.

Im at 62 % with maybe 11 hours in.

Well, the first hour was kind of a drag anyway. It gets better afterwards. First hour is mostly cutscenes and tutorials.

MCUs can have troops inside that come out while you're taking the side panels out. I think they come out ready to surrender though.

MCUs can have troops inside that come out while you're taking the side panels out. I think they come out ready to surrender though.

The one I shot had troops come out and spread out.. like 4-5 of them and then I have to take them out. The move all over the place so it makes it hard to kill them quickly. I must be going after the wrong unit.

KeRaSh

Not sure how I feel about the third power. Not sure if I'm still missing some upgrades but I don't see a possibility to instantly subdue enemies through combat like shooting an enemy's foot with Neon or through Smoke headshots.

What is everyone else's favourite power and why?

Raptor

Not sure how I feel about the third power. Not sure if I'm still missing some upgrades but I don't see a possibility to instantly subdue enemies through combat like shooting an enemy's foot with Neon or through Smoke headshots.

Neon for everything but combat.
Because traversing with Neon is incredible satisfying IMO, also the Radiant Sweep is sweet as all hell.
Smoke for combat.
Combat with this has punch to it, headshots, dashing/teleporting, feels like an action game IMO.
Third one for nothing, I just don't like it.
Is kinda boring to be honest.

Fadobo

An MCU looks like this:

yNxLK0i.jpg

It's not one of the APCs driving around on the streets. They are stationary.

EDIT: Sorry, had some trouble getting the picture working

todahawk

Neon for everything but combat.
Because traversing with Neon is incredible satisfying IMO, also the Radiant Sweep is sweet as all hell.
Smoke for combat.
Combat with this has punch to it, headshots, dashing/teleporting, feels like an action game IMO.
Third one for nothing, I just don't like it.
Is kinda boring to be honest.

give the third power time and play around with it. I was 'meh' before but I have it fully upgraded and i love the transversals and the combat. It's my go to power set now. lots of versatility IMHO.

Fadobo

I like the third one a lot, since I like to get around from rooftop to rooftop and it allows me to rarely drop to street level if ever. It's also good for harder fights on extreme difficulty, since the first skill allows you to recover a bit more easily. I dislike the fourth one though. Don't really see what it works best for (probably fighting, but the others felt sufficient there), comes way to late in the game and is not nearly as cool as I expected.

I really like how they made Delsin's complexion change with the progression of the evil karma route. By the end he looks all blotchy like he's physically getting sick.

Top Bottom