• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just started and am in the first area. Liking it, but want to ask a few a quick questions and then duck out to avoid spoilers.

1- can you clear out an area right from the beginning? Eg in the starting area I still have 2 graffiti spots, a secret agent and a hidden camera. But the graffiti spots I can't seem to do anything - I'm assuming the big posters about supporting the DUP? But I stand right in front of them and nothing. Do I have to continue things and then come back?

2- any tips on finding hidden camera/secret agents?

3- is this any more violent/sweary then it starts out? It's rated 16 in the UK, but it seems pretty mild, so I'm thinking to play while my kids are around (12 and 9). Playing good at the moment, don't know if that makes any difference (couldn't abandon Betty at the start..)

Does anyone here know how to
rotate the camera while you're in Orbital Drop mode? I was able to move the camera during a couple of times when I used the ability at certain rooftops in the game. Anyone here know where and how to replicate it?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So which powers did you guys use the most?

I gotta say over-all I used Neon the most. But video really grew on me at the end since I could turn invisible, then sneak take out foos and build up for the angel swoop. Also video had flying. Ugh I can't decide which of the two I liked best, but looks like Video would be much better as an evil character.

As to the other two powers, I can't stand smoke. It's so boring compared to the other two. And concrete is ok, it's just that you saw it so much throughout the game it turned mundane.

Travel > Power

V is just too good.

Just started and am in the first area. Liking it, but want to ask a few a quick questions and then duck out to avoid spoilers.

1- can you clear out an area right from the beginning? Eg in the starting area I still have 2 graffiti spots, a secret agent and a hidden camera. But the graffiti spots I can't seem to do anything - I'm assuming the big posters about supporting the DUP? But I stand right in front of them and nothing. Do I have to continue things and then come back?

2- any tips on finding hidden camera/secret agents?

3- is this any more violent/sweary then it starts out? It's rated 16 in the UK, but it seems pretty mild, so I'm thinking to play while my kids are around (12 and 9). Playing good at the moment, don't know if that makes any difference (couldn't abandon Betty at the start..)

I can;t speak for SS, but judging from the first 2, there is never any blood or strong cursing, but there will probably be a lot of pretty blatant nods to themes like violence, torture, murder, and even genocide/persecution/prejudice.

And even without blood, the violence is pretty visceral I think.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can;t speak for SS, but judging from the first 2, there is never any blood or strong cursing, but there will probably be a lot of pretty blatant nods to themes like violence, torture, murder, and even genocide/persecution/prejudice.

And even without blood, the violence is pretty visceral I think.

I was fine with them watching me play dark souls, as a benchmark.

I was fine with them watching me play dark souls, as a benchmark.

I think the type of games Infamous are, they're more likely to lead to bruises and broken ornaments due to impersonating powers and stuff, than they are to lead to fights and a predeliction for hurting eachother :p

If they could watch Dark Souls without hitting eachother with sticks, they should be fine

A sequel to this game needs more enemy variety, a massive improvement on side missions, more things to do/collect etc.

I've completed the story and am bored to be honest. The paper trail stuff is nice, but more stuff like that in the actual game without me having to switch to my PC would have been better.

Game feels more like a tech demo in some areas (a really good one) than a complete game.

nearing the end of the main story. Have one tracker drone left to destroy and all districts will be D.U.P. free (already know where it is, just have to progress a little bit further in the main story to get it). Also, finally got Paper Trail Part 2 to finally show up on the map. I'll most likely wait until I'm done with the main story to take care of that

Are all the Paper Trail missions the same whether playing as good or evil? Might do them last if possible, after both playthroughs. Balls to waiting a fortnight for each mission

I must say I was seriously impressed with the game overall. The best game Sucker Punch has ever made. Jaw-dropping visuals (easily the most impressive thing I have ever seen, and the artistic side is god damn awesome also),

I agree with this and its one thing I think deserves another mention here. The art direction is great.

I cringed at the opening Stencil Art gimmick, but after seeing the other ones around the city, I loved seeing the street art that ends up being created.

GeoramA

As I suspected, evil + expert difficulty is best way to play this game. Just like the previous inFamous games.

Beat it heroic on normal and it just felt kinda flat and there was no challenge whatsoever.

Beefy

A sequel to this game needs more enemy variety, a massive improvement on side missions, more things to do/collect etc.

I've completed the story and am bored to be honest. The paper trail stuff is nice, but more stuff like that in the actual game without me having to switch to my PC would have been better.

Game feels more like a tech demo in some areas (a really good one) than a complete game.

DLC?

Did you guys get the Conduit early detection test kit mail (not e-mail but real postage mail) from Sucker Punch/Sony? Did a series of test that uses the cards in the mail (some are visual cards and some are amora smell cards) anndddd I got this at the end:

13481377325_4487d04081_b.jpg

Not sure what it supposed to mean but it's cool. Really cool.

I also thought this was pretty neat. My results:
Capture.png

NJShadow

Man, I just finished the game and now I realize that a person has to be CRAZY to give it anything less than a 9/10. That grand finale was PHENOMENAL!

Whenever things are clicking and you've got that teamwork thing going with the folks who you created relationships with in the game, I borderline get goosebumps. Fetch and Eugene jumping in and helping you scale the tower was incredible.

My wife hates this face. She complained about it every time I got a blast core.

Hehe, I love it personally. It's just impossible to look at it and not laugh.

Oh and I've been trying to capture the perfect picture of Neon in action, but it's damned hard...

This is by far the best power in any game ever. I love dashing around the city, it's essentially an unofficial Flash game...

RaikuHebi

Banned
I've been playing for over ten hours over the course of a few days and I'm currently up to 61% complete and just got the third power.

I'm guessing there's about a couple more hours left until I hit the end.

Not bad, I was worried it would be 25+ hours, but 15ish doesn't sound too bad.

15 hours or so to do the story and 100% of the side stuff. Not sure how long it would be if you critical pathed it.
Do the story is less than 15? Cool.

Neifirst

Alright, I'm going a little nuts trying to get the very last tracker drone. It's located right between uptown and the waterfront, just to the right of the really tall channel 6 skyscaper. Do I need to proceed through a certain story-based mission to obtain it?

ron_bato

That's pretty damn good, much better than my poor attempt. Perfectly captured the silhouette as he enters dash, something I spent more time than I really should have trying to do...

Thanks man, I had some bad ones too. And I remember spending up to about 30 minutes on doing this when I first got neon lol. Had to move the right stick around a lot to get a great angle to be able to frame it well.

FeiRR

Banned
Alright, I'm going a little nuts trying to get the very last tracker drone. It's located right between uptown and the waterfront, just to the right of the really tall channel 6 skyscaper. Do I need to proceed through a certain story-based mission to obtain it?

Yes, you will get it during that mission or you can do it afterwards, no problem.

NJShadow

Yeah, you walk right past it on your ascent up the tower during the story.

Gurish

Hi GAF i would really like your help!

I'm experiencing some technical issues with the Digital edition of Infamous:ss and i don't know how to fix it.

One of those issues is when I'm hovering over the game's title on PS4's OS, the Images of the game details such as "Sucker Punch" website or the "Game Manual" doesn't load.

Here, i took a pic of the problem, i highlighted it with my DS4 cursor:
1669940_10203587595471522_1677873776_o_zpsd4a22905.jpg

As you can see the Images doesn't load, it doesn't happen in any other game and i tried to delete and reinstall it.

Anyone has the same problem?
Why does it happen and how can i fix it?
Thanks a lot in advance guys!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst

Theecliff

Banned
Nearly four days later than the estimated latest day of delivery
(fuck you Tesco)
but I finally have hold of Second Son!

oFJgBlH.jpg

The beanie is surprisingly quite nice

Hyped!

Kept away from this thread for the last few days because of spoilers and such, but glad to be able to join in again soon!

alterno69

Banned
I'm loving this game, i'm even considering giving infamous 2 a chance cause this game is amazing. I played for like 5 hours yesterday and made it past 50%, cleared all the districts on the first island and made all the drug busts. It's so unlike me to try and 100% a game but it's so fun dashing through roof toops and doing shit in this game.

The city is the perfect size IMO, right balance to not make going side to side a chore.

I also have taken way too many pictures trying to capture the perfect neon dash lol.

Amazing game, 9+ so far from me.

It's been a loooooong time since I've just smashed a game from start to end. Good job, Sucker Punch. You've converted me. Best game I've played in ages and this is only the beginning!

Dinjooh

Nearly four days later than the estimated latest day of delivery
(fuck you Tesco)
but I finally have hold of Second Son!

oFJgBlH.jpg

The beanie is surprisingly quite nice

Hyped!

Kept away from this thread for the last few days because of spoilers and such, but glad to be able to join in again soon!

You're an insanely patient man.

Carl

Hehe, I love it personally. It's just impossible to look at it and not laugh.

Oh and I've been trying to capture the perfect picture of Neon in action, but it's damned hard...

This is by far the best power in any game ever. I love dashing around the city, it's essentially an unofficial Flash game...

I think every time i travelled any great distance using that power, i hit the Share button at least once :) It's so pretty and so so much fun.

BadAss2961

Hi GAF i would really like your help!

I'm experiencing some technical issues with the Digital edition of Infamous:ss and i don't know how to fix it.

One of those issues is when I'm hovering over the game's title on PS4's OS, the Images of the game details such as "Sucker Punch" website or the "Game Manual" doesn't load.

Here, i took a pic of the problem, i highlighted it with my DS4 cursor:
1669940_10203587595471522_1677873776_o_zpsd4a22905.jpg

As you can see the Images doesn't load, it doesn't happen in any other game and i tried to delete and reinstall it.

Anyone has the same problem?
Why does it happen and how can i fix it?
Thanks a lot in advance guys!
I think those are just web based. It's happened to me before with other games, sometimes where it would just take very long to load.

Don't sweat it. It'll sort itself out eventually.

Endo Punk

My upload speed isn't the best but I was able to stream Second Son on Ustream and not on Twitch for some reason. Of course I was playing for half an hour and not a single person checked out my stream, had to go on my computer to see if I was actually streaming, which I was indeed. Sent myself a message lol.

Top Bottom