• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Raptor

I actually kinda liked that it was set up like that. It actually made me look a head and plan out my route instead of just being able to mindlessly run up anything in my path.

You can actually do that with a little plan ahead like you say, still I would have liked no constraints full on forward non stop Flash going on!!

Just finished my first, good karma playthrough after the game arrived yesterday. Now the only thing I'm asking myself is, why I haven't preordered it and had to be forced by a friend to buy it :D

I didn't like the first game and avoided the second one, but Second Son is really impressive. Graphics-wise (variable framerate didn't bother me most of the time, and I only noticed one heavy drop to around 10-15 while using the neon super power on a lot of enemies/cars etc.), gameplay-wise and the story/voice acting is pretty good, too. Overall a really enjoyable experience, and we're only 3.5 months into the console generation. Can't wait to see what SP, ND, SSM and all the other first party studios will pull off in a few years!

Having said all this, I don't understand the 80 metacritic average. Should be 85 at least!

Edit: Oh and I liked Seattle as an environment a lot. I don't need huge ass skyscrapers everywhere, and I don't want to visit New York for the 15th time.

Lingitiz

The performance capture is great, makes me wonder whether Naughty Dog will use a similar method or continue to hand animate the faces.
The eyes have a little bit of that dead stare, especially Augustine. The facial animations here combined with the eye movements in TLOU would be great.

Vire

Hmm, I've been able to solve everything in the paper trail thus far with little issue, but this whole dot nonsense is tripping me up.

Any hints?

irishcow

Just beat this on full hero. I kind of feel like hero mode is gimped. Why weren't there extra moves for this mode???? It seems like all of the locked stuff is for evil mode only. Or are some of the hero moves locked out on evil?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Hmm, I've been able to solve everything in the paper trail thus far with little issue, but this whole dot nonsense is tripping me up.

Any hints?

Connect the dots, and write down the numbers you cross through. That will be a new FAN number.

Vire

Connect the dots, and write down the numbers you cross through. That will be a new FAN number.

Jesus, they are really going all out with this aren't they? Didn't expect they would want me to put in that much effort, thought it was something far simpler.

ascii42

Just beat this on full hero. I kind of feel like hero mode is gimped. Why weren't there extra moves for this mode???? It seems like all of the locked stuff is for evil mode only. Or are some of the hero moves locked out on evil?

All of the moves with a blue-ish tint require good. Neon has more good abilities than evil abilities.

Vire

I unlocked it now (feel like a dummy), but am I the only one not hearing a voice mail?

That's a bummer, I dunno when I entered in the correct number in the Security Fob it instantly loaded a .mp3 file and played it.

I'm using Safari on OSX 10.9.2.

I can reupload the audio file if you'd like to hear it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
These Paper Trail chapters have just the right amount of challenge. Ready for Part 3.

Really wish these came out sooner. 6 weeks is overkill.

Dead

well not really...yet
These Paper Trail chapters have just the right amount of challenge. Ready for Part 3.

Really wish these came out sooner. 6 weeks is overkill.
yeah lol. I think I will wait till all parts are out to finish it I think. Will give me time to start on my evil playthrough in the meantime

That's a bummer, I dunno when I entered in the correct number in the Security Fob it instantly loaded a .mp3 file and played it.

I'm using Safari on OSX 10.9.2.

I can reupload the audio file if you'd like to hear it.

no worries, just loaded it up in a different browser. All good now. Thanks.

Alright, I've spent 10 minutes looking and I don't know what I need to do for Paper Trail 2.

Where can I find the information that I need to enter on the Linda Kriley legal site?

Also don't miss the ability to enter the conduit's ID number from that first document on the DUP site for some insight on
all the paper powers.

Mik2121

I got the game yesterday night. I have played for a couple hours now and there's one thing that slightly bothers me. The D.U.P controlled percentage.

I have 'Queen Anne' at 55% and 'Seattle Center' at 54%. I can't find any more cameras to destroy nor anything... am I missing cameras and stuff hidden really well, or is the percentage something to lower later on?

Beefy

I got the game yesterday night. I have played for a couple hours now and there's one thing that slightly bothers me. The D.U.P controlled percentage.

I have 'Queen Anne' at 55% and 'Seattle Center' at 54%. I can't find any more cameras to destroy nor anything... am I missing cameras and stuff hidden really well, or is the percentage something to lower later on?

Some zones can only be lowered more by completing a main story line mission.

I keep hearing people say with end of these paper trail missions, we'll get a power. What might lead people to believe we will? Has this been confirmed?

Vire

I keep hearing people say with end of these paper trail missions, we'll get a power. What might lead people to believe we will? Has this been confirmed?

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get it at this point. The website paper trail stuff is pretty elaborate and I doubt they would go through all that effort just for some simple side quests.

I could be totally wrong though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finished it earlier. Fantastic game all around. Random pros and cons:

+Good mission design
+You feel like a superhero, but combat is still challenging
+The powers are excellent and creative
+The story/characters are serviceable
+This is the best looking console game ever made

-Seattle is alright but not as deep as something like Liberty City
-The (good) ending was kind of lame
-The side characters needed more development and exposure

If I had to give an arbitrary score it'd be something like an 8.5/10. Best game on the system right now. And yeah neon was definitely my favorite power.
Concrete
is awesome too.

Shadownet

Banned
I was banned last week so I couldn't post. But I went to a midnight launch for Infamous and there was a Sony rep there. He gave me some cool stuff. One of them was a pin of Delsin's dual birds symbol and the other was the Playstation Soundtrack vol. 4 (which has a selection of some memorable songs from Playstation franchises like GoW, Uncharted, TLoU, etc.)

He said the pin was pretty rare he only had some left. It was made by Penny Arcade.

Teddified

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get it at this point. The website paper trail stuff is pretty elaborate and I doubt they would go through all that effort just for some simple side quests.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Paper Power was just a tease and we get it in a DLC. Or we don't get it at all.

I mean if we were suppose to get it during the missions it would need to be around the 3-5 week or so, so we can use it to finish the rest of the missions. Since otherwise we'd just get the power and just have only DUP raids to use it on.

I'd love to be proven wrong and that we get it and then maybe in a DLC we get it and can power it up.

There's plenty of news paper boxes around the city to suck paper power out of. I have faith it's coming.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love that power, but I just wanted to know why people thought we were going to get a power with such little to go off of.
All Celia does is run away from us, and drop origami lol.

I want to believe!

Top Bottom