• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Grinchy

Banned
I really don't like the 3rd power at all. Keep going back to Neon. I wonder if I'll dig the final power?

I didn't like it either. I've only played through a Good run so far though. Maybe it's cooler on Evil.

I actually do like the 4th power though. Neon is still the most useful power in the game IMO (for Good) but I still like to switch around.

Tabular

Banned
ibug4KMPqco7HS.jpg

Wow. Looks so good. One of the best character model's yet seen.

Duxxy3

Starting to get annoyed that there's no way to swap the shoulder buttons and triggers.

The triggers are ok, but I am way more accurate with the buttons.

Marvel

could never
Finished it on Good Karma last night, flat ending... and very short story if you just do the main quests. Now the real fun starts on expert being an evil POS.

Looking forward to getting the Plat.

repeater

Sorry if this is stupid and already asked before infaGAF, but I'm doing a good playthrough (just started the game) - what can I do with street musicians, protesters and sign twirlers? Attacking them obviously gives bad karma..

Lucent

Need hints on paper trail part 2 after finding
Linda Kriley
I found the body and evidence. Entered the employee ID on her card in the DUP Intranet. Didn't really help tell me what to do. Now I'm just stuck with the dead body and evidence and no clue on how to progress to unlock the next in-game mission. =l

I'm pretty sure I'm about to do the final mission

Reggie ;_;7

Dammit Hank, you're lucky I'm doing good karma on my first playthrough. Otherwise, I would have not only killed you but probably your little girl too >:p

Prothero

Neo Member
Need hints on paper trail part 2 after finding
Linda Kriley
I found the body and evidence. Entered the employee ID on her card in the DUP Intranet. Didn't really help tell me what to do. Now I'm just stuck with the dead body and evidence and no clue on how to progress to unlock the next in-game mission. =l

Hey, there's a thread here for Paper Trail missions where people are sharing answers. I hope it helps! :)

So what was your guys most used power? Neon was the best for traversal and melee, and even prefer it for long range because it gives you slow mo

- Smoke until we get Neon, and i love the R1 bomb of it.
- Neon for majority of the fights, traversal on the ground.
-
Video for fast traversal, especially on the roof. R1 power for Helicopters

And finished, I pretty much enjoyed the majority of the game but felt the last 1hr or so was a bit undercooked and the boss battles weren't as interesting or encompassing of all powers as I thought they would be...still, a great game and definitely one that all PS4 owners need to play at some point.

Overall though, I think it's better than I2, but not as good as I1, which I still think has the better side missions and story as well that twist (which was epic). Delsin is a great new M.C though and I'd definitely be interested to play as him again.

As for DLC, would love some focusing on Augustine during her early years at DUP, think there's potential there as she's quite the tragic character when all's said and done.

Play time was just over 14 hours (including doing the majority of side missions as well as hunting down the vast majority of blast shards)

finished the main story with maxed out good karma. Final boss fight was a bit of a pushover but I managed to pull through. Good ending could have been better like others have said, but I still enjoyed myself. I won't be tackling the evil stuff or expert mode just yet. I wanna wait until I finish all the Paper Trail missions since I have no idea when or where they'll be available story wise

HT UK

Thoughts on final power:
Unless there's a lot of DLC planned, what was the point of getting concrete power right at the end? I only had two districts to clear, and I used Neon/Video to do that as opposed to concrete. Same goes for the Paper Trail, if we end up getting paper power, what can we use it for?

Platinum got. Evil is a lot more fun, but some of the cut scenes don't make any sense. I experienced some of the greatest glitches of all time near the end. Just wading through the ground for a while. My GF found it hilarious.

mishakoz

On my second playthrough now, found a huge plot hole

You literally dive into Hank's mind at the beginning of the game, yet the story you get from doing so isnt what actually happens. We find out later Augustine (or someone) wanted him to break out the conduits from the truck, and thus it was a setup, the whole "golden opportunity" thing wasnt real. Hank was always meant to break out, there was no initiative on his side.

Diving around in his mind conveniently skips over his deal with Augustine, and any allusion to it. I kind of expected on my second run through to have some kind of hint or something dropped in the little comic book art movie, but nothing, its told as if Hank masterminded the escape.

NJShadow

You literally dive into Hank's mind at the beginning of the game, yet the story you get from doing so isnt what actually happens. We find out later Augustine (or someone) wanted him to break out the conduits from the truck, and thus it was a setup, the whole "golden opportunity" thing wasnt real. Hank was always meant to break out, there was no initiative on his side.

Diving around in his mind conveniently skips over his deal with Augustine, and any allusion to it. I kind of expected on my second run through to have some kind of hint or something dropped in the little comic book art movie, but nothing, its told as if Hank masterminded the escape.

I don't recall the game ever revealing that the truck accident was planned. Yes, Augustine had the deal with Hank when she LET him go (the second time you meet him), but from what I gather, nothing was intentional regarding the accident. He did that on his own, and I'm sure Augustine didn't want Fetch and Eugene escaping either.

But if you're saying that that's mentioned in the game, I'll keep an eye/ear out for it as I'm going through my second play-through now.

Kuldar

I disagree.

Augustine wanted him to escape ith other conduits. Thus the DUP made it possible. But in Hank perspective, it was a "golden opportinity". He wasn't aware it was a fake one.

For me, it's clear that the deal between Hank and Augistine was made well after the breakout. Augustine captured Hank at the Akomish village. Delsin came to Seatle and started to fight the DUP. Then she planned to trap Delsin with the use of Hank.
How Delsin could learn something in Hank mind that didn't happen yet?

dab0ne

Ok don't know if this is a spoiler since it's basically me having trouble getting certain trophies but I'll spoiler it anyway.

Im playing my Evil play through and I cant get:

Spin Off (kill 10 sign twirlers)
Everyone's a Critic (kill 10 street musicians)

Trophies to pop. I know I've killed at least 10 of each.

Anyone else having this problem?

EGM1966

That's not my reading of it. I don't think she agreed with him in a formal way to allow the escape. She simply made sure he "accidentally" found out enough to escape. She wanted him lose without realizing it was all arranged by her. She was then going to simply round him and the others up and use the incident to prove the DUP needed to remain as it was under her command - hence you find out what you find out. Note she recaptures Hank on cue and ignores Delsin because she doesn't believe you could "catch" conduit powers.

Later she does make a clear deal with him because she's willing to let him go in exchange for capturing Delsin - who's ability she wants to understand and likely take for herself (this is touched on in some recordings). That's why his kid was on the boat and you get the dialogue about a deal. If they'd had a deal earlier it would have included same terms no doubt and Hank would have been gone from the game with his kid post the escape as reward. But that wouldn't work for Augustine as the initial escape was purely to enable her to show she and the DUP were needed. Allowing Hank to slip free wouldn't work very well first time around but makes sense later when Delsin is a much bigger price and she feels enough mayhem has gone down to secure her position.

So there's no plot hole as such I reckon. TBH the basic plot hangs together fairly well - the main issues I have is that depending on which Karma you take Reggie and Delsin's relationship doesn't ring right in later cut-scenes and activity.

EGM1966

Ok don't know if this is a spoiler since it's basically me having trouble getting certain trophies but I'll spoiler it anyway.

Im playing my Evil play through and I cant get:

Spin Off (kill 10 sign twirlers)
Everyone's a Critic (kill 10 street musicians)

Trophies to pop. I know I've killed at least 10 of each.

Anyone else having this problem?

I may have same problem. I did get "everyone's a critic" but I'm sure it took way higher count before registering. Can't seem to get "spin" but am continuing to try but like you I'm fairly sure I've completed enough counts.

Its a pity SS doesn't seem to have a stats view (like say ACIV) where you can see what the game thinks your stat count is for stuff like this.

I've been thinking that sometimes the action doesn't register or "count" somehow due to other stuff going on.

Just finished this. A good game. Looks great.

However, it has a weaker story, worse missions and the powers weren't as interesting (some were very cool but I didn't like the way you had to absorb something different to switch) as the previous two.

The side stuff was Ubisoft levels of repetitive nonsense too.

I hope they get more time to make meaty, quality content for the next one.

dab0ne

I may have same problem. I did get "everyone's a critic" but I'm sure it took way higher count before registering. Can't seem to get "spin" but am continuing to try but like you I'm fairly sure I've completed enough counts.

Its a pity SS doesn't seem to have a stats view (like say ACIV) where you can see what the game thinks your stat count is for stuff like this.

I've been thinking that sometimes the action doesn't register or "count" somehow due to other stuff going on.

Uhhh ok, maybe I didn't have it or something just started working. Just got Spin off

Edit:

Well I guess I suck, just got the other one too.

-Digits-

I disagree.

Augustine wanted him to escape ith other conduits. Thus the DUP made it possible. But in Hank perspective, it was a "golden opportinity". He wasn't aware it was a fake one.

For me, it's clear that the deal between Hank and Augistine was made well after the breakout. Augustine captured Hank at the Akomish village. Delsin came to Seatle and started to fight the DUP. Then she planned to trap Delsin with the use of Hank.
How Delsin could learn something in Hank mind that didn't happen yet?

You know, I initially thought Augustine set up the escape to show the world they still need the DUP. Playing through the game it seems fairly obvious, but the story never concludes this particular arc. It's mentioned that the DUP is being disbanded and the military is taking over. Then Augustine is shown on television saying the military bungled the transport. The story is being set up one way and concludes another way.
It's almost like they changed the story halfway through. I never really understood Augustine's motives. She wants to protect Conduits, yet does horrible experiments on them? It made no sense to me.

Also, kittens.

Top Bottom