• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Jedi2016

Augustine wanted him to escape ith other conduits. Thus the DUP made it possible. But in Hank perspective, it was a "golden opportinity". He wasn't aware it was a fake one.

For me, it's clear that the deal between Hank and Augistine was made well after the breakout. Augustine captured Hank at the Akomish village. Delsin came to Seatle and started to fight the DUP. Then she planned to trap Delsin with the use of Hank.
How Delsin could learn something in Hank mind that didn't happen yet?
What do you mean "learn something from Hank's mind that didn't happen yet"? The deal between Augustine and Hank was not in Delsin's original "read" of him in the Akomish village. I think you're mixing up scenes, Delsin didn't find out about the deal until the very end of the game. Why on earth would he have helped him at the end if he had read it at the beginning?

-Digits-

What do you mean "learn something from Hank's mind that didn't happen yet"? The deal between Augustine and Hank was not in Delsin's original "read" of him in the Akomish village. I think you're mixing up scenes, Delsin didn't find out about the deal until the very end of the game. Why on earth would he have helped him at the end if he had read it at the beginning?

That's what he meant. Delsin couldn't have read Hank's mind about the deal because the deal wasn't made yet.

Huggers

I'm bored of this game. I've had it since Friday. For me it is style and beauty over substance. I had a lot of fun fucking about with the powers but in the end, I would say a 7 is generous for this game. The more time I spend with it the more I realise just how shallow and at times irritating it is. The combat is poor imo. Run away, power bomb, shoot a few bullet sponge enemies, run out of powers run away get more... Repeat. I'm just on the
lava flying conduit battle thing
and I'm completely glazed over.

Don't want to offend anyone and I'm glad people are having a blast playing it but it really isn't for me. It's my own fault. I didn't like the other two and was reeled in by the (very) pretty graphics.

I'm bored of this game. I've had it since Friday. For me it is style and beauty over substance. I had a lot of fun fucking about with the powers but in the end, I would say a 7 is generous for this game. The more time I spend with it the more I realise just how shallow and at times irritating it is. The combat is poor imo. Run away, power bomb, shoot a few bullet sponge enemies, run out of powers run away get more... Repeat. I'm just on the

Don't want to offend anyone and I'm glad people are having a blast playing it but it really isn't for me. It's my own fault. I didn't like the other two and was reeled in by the (very) pretty graphics.

No offense taken. That's the thing about opinions, everyone has the right to one. I love the infamous games but I can understand if someone else doesn't like them.

Jedi2016

That's what he meant. Delsin couldn't have read Hank's mind about the deal because the deal wasn't made yet.
I wasn't looking at names, one of them was arguing about whether the crash was planned by Augustine.
I believe it was, but Hank didn't know it. Augustine was using him without his knowledge. Any other deal happened after they'd gotten to Seattle.

Cudder

Pretty much how I feel. I really enjoyed my first playthrough on good, but on the second evil playthrough it really became apparent how much the variety is lacking in this game. It looks beautiful, and the controls are spot on, but the side missions are all pretty laughable. I'd give it a 7.

Huggers

No offense taken. That's the thing about opinions, everyone has the right to one. I love the infamous games but I can understand if someone else doesn't like them.

Yeah each to their own. I can see why people would enjoy it. Just not my cup of tea

Pretty much how I feel. I really enjoyed my first playthrough on good, but on the second evil playthrough it really became apparent how much the variety is lacking in this game. It looks beautiful, and the controls are spot on, but the side missions are all pretty laughable. I'd give it a 7.

I don't think I'll make it through the whole game. I'm lacking motivation to even turn it on at the moment. How much further you think I have to go?
(I'm on the lava, flying conduit boss thing)
. Quite a while I'm guessing

Kuldar

You know, I initially thought Augustine set up the escape to show the world they still need the DUP. Playing through the game it seems fairly obvious, but the story never concludes this particular arc. It's mentioned that the DUP is being disbanded and the military is taking over. Then Augustine is shown on television saying the military bungled the transport. The story is being set up one way and concludes another way.
It's almost like they changed the story halfway through. I never really understood Augustine's motives. She wants to protect Conduits, yet does horrible experiments on them? It made no sense to me.

Also, kittens.
In her mind, the most important thing is that they are not killed, even if their lives are a nightmare.
When Delsin dived in her mind, we saw that conduits were lynched. I think she was traumatized by this. In a vulnerable mental state, she saw a solution, a crazy solution, that can keep her, and maybe other conduits, alive.

Has anyone experienced the game randomly resetting itself. It seems to happen when I'm hovering in the air. The screen goes black, then the game reloads and places me at the nearest checkpoint.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
You know, I initially thought Augustine set up the escape to show the world they still need the DUP. Playing through the game it seems fairly obvious, but the story never concludes this particular arc. It's mentioned that the DUP is being disbanded and the military is taking over. Then Augustine is shown on television saying the military bungled the transport. The story is being set up one way and concludes another way.
It's almost like they changed the story halfway through. I never really understood Augustine's motives. She wants to protect Conduits, yet does horrible experiments on them? It made no sense to me.

Also, kittens.
I think Augustine's motives make perfect sense. I think she is preparing her "people", teaching them to control and expand their abilities, much like Professor X had done with the X-Men. This imo was done as in preparatory move should she ever lose control over the D. U. P. to the military or if Conduits were ever drawn into open conflict with humans. This was alluded to with both Eugene and Fetch being taught to manifest their powers and become effective killers. It was a two pronged strategy. She could build combat tested conduits who could protect themselves and her having kept them in captivity for so long allowed her to easily predict their next action. So she knew exactly what they'd do once they escaped, which played greatly into her grand scheme of her maintaining control over the D. U. P. and ensuring no more Conduits had to die. She seems to be an amalgam of Professor X, Magneto, Mister Sinister and Apocalypse.

I think her heart was in the right place, but she went about it the wrong way and the game proves her true. Humans will always have an underlying fear/hate of conduits. The suspected conduit missions are a great example. People would gather around and punch and kick these people just because of a label and accusation and how many other civilians just gathered around to watch, not a one did anything to stop those assaulting the conduits. That's what Augustine was trying to shield the conduits from and that truthfully worked for her. Those being beaten would likely grow to resent humans and willingly go to Cordun Cay.

Augustine should've just erected a massive concrete city to humanely house and train conduits, because I think in time Delsin's freeing them will blow up in his face.

Sorian

Banned
I think Augustine's motives make perfect sense. I think she is preparing her "people", teaching them to control and expand their abilities, much like Professor X had done with the X-Men. This imo was done as in preparatory move should she ever lose control over the D. U. P. to the military or if Conduits were ever drawn into open conflict with humans. This was alluded to with both Eugene and Fetch being taught to manifest their powers and become effective killers. It was a two pronged strategy. She could build combat tested conduits who could protect themselves and her having kept them in captivity for so long allowed her to easily predict their next action. So she knew exactly what they'd do once they escaped, which played greatly into her grand scheme of her maintaining control over the D. U. P. and ensuring no more Conduits had to die. She seems to be an amalgam of Professor X, Magneto, Mister Sinister and Apocalypse.

I think her heart was in the right place, but she went about it the wrong way and the game proves her true. Humans will always have an underlying fear/hate of conduits. The suspected conduit missions are a great example. People would gather around and punch and kick these people just because of a label and accusation and how many other civilians just gathered around to watch, not a one did anything to stop those assaulting the conduits. That's what Augustine was trying to shield the conduits from and that truthfully worked for her. Those being beaten would likely grow to resent humans and willingly go to Cordun Cay.

Augustine should've just erected a massive concrete city to humanely house and train conduits, because I think in time Delsin's freeing them will blow up in his face.

It almost feels like it was alluded to that Fetch and Eugene were trained to be killers because Augustine knew that she would use them to show that the DUP was still needed over the military. They weren't just randomly chosen to be put onto the transport that she knew Hank would hijack, they were hand-selected to be escapees because they both had a bit of a murderous streak in them and they both had been trained with their powers time and time again. I doubt that all the conduits at Cordun Cay were being trained as extensively as they were. Hank doesn't even seem like he was trained, just experimented on.

Needs more black bars.

Kittens

Rainbows

Kssio_Aug

Shit! I am trying to record some nice moments, but my PS4 is not recording the last 15 minutes!! Looks like it records the 15 first minutes and then stop, when I check, the part that I wanted to save did not get recorded. Come on!! Sony is really missing at those updates, this kind of bug should not be happening. =////

Huggers

Shit! I am trying to record some nice moments, but my PS4 is not recording the last 15 minutes!! Looks like it records the 15 first minutes and then stop, when I check, the part that I wanted to save did not get recorded. Come on!! Sony is really missing at those updates, this kind of bug should not be happening. =////

Have you tried double clicking the share button at the start of the moment you want to record?

cyen

I unlocked neon power, how do I switch back to smoke? I can't fight for shit without my smoke powers

You have to use only neon for a couple of missions, then you can use smoke by draining it (you switch powers by draining the appropriate material)

Anung

Un Rama
Great they've acknowledged the frame-rate on/off option. It's a bit late for me mind and they should also add a remove HUD option.

Really enjoyed my time with this. Didn't overstay its welcome by adding loads of fluff side objectives and collectables like the AC games. I've platinumed it now so have sold it on but I might grab it again in the future when its cheap and if any interesting DLC comes out.

I'd love an Infamous 4 but hopefully we'll get to see what else Suckerpunch is capable of. If they can get an open world game looking like Second Son I could only imagine what a RPG or more Linear game would look like.

Jedi2016

don't know if posted before but frame rate cap is coming according to SP twitter feed

https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/450062386070704129
Well, at least it will be there. I agree that something like this should be an option, and not forced on one way or another. In fact, I wish more developers would give console gamers these kinds of options. They exist in PCs mostly for performance reasons, which isn't really an issue with consoles, but there are some effects that some gamers just don't like, like heavy bloom or motion blur. They should add options for those.

I've had issues in the past with uncapped games (Kingdoms of Amalur comes to mind most readily), that played much smoother in the final release where they capped it. But in Infamous, I've barely noticed it, it's not nearly as jarring as it was on KoA (which was bad enough that it made me flat-out hate uncapped framerates). I can see it sometimes, when I'm on top of a building and there's nothing around, and it spikes up to 60fps. Maybe it just doesn't fluctuate as much as KoA did. If it spends the majority of its time at 45fps, I guess I'm okay with that.

todd360

So when I got
neon
it wouldn't let me use smoke. Delsins like wtf I can't use smoke now this sucks. Then after the mission I could use smoke again and he doesn't even mention it. Did I miss the explanation for this?

So when I got
neon
it wouldn't let me use smoke. Delsins like wtf I can't use smoke now this sucks. Then after the mission I could use smoke again and he doesn't even mention it. Did I miss the explanation for this?
It kind of forces you to use the new power untill you power it up a bit. They dont really explain it, I guess its just a thing that happens to delsin when he gets a new power.
Its almost like a mandatory tutorial for each power.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So when I got
neon

They try to explain it later when you get
Video
powers. Your brother offers his theory, at least.

mishakoz

That's not my reading of it. I don't think she agreed with him in a formal way to allow the escape. She simply made sure he "accidentally" found out enough to escape. She wanted him lose without realizing it was all arranged by her. She was then going to simply round him and the others up and use the incident to prove the DUP needed to remain as it was under her command - hence you find out what you find out. Note she recaptures Hank on cue and ignores Delsin because she doesn't believe you could "catch" conduit powers.

Later she does make a clear deal with him because she's willing to let him go in exchange for capturing Delsin - who's ability she wants to understand and likely take for herself (this is touched on in some recordings). That's why his kid was on the boat and you get the dialogue about a deal. If they'd had a deal earlier it would have included same terms no doubt and Hank would have been gone from the game with his kid post the escape as reward. But that wouldn't work for Augustine as the initial escape was purely to enable her to show she and the DUP were needed. Allowing Hank to slip free wouldn't work very well first time around but makes sense later when Delsin is a much bigger price and she feels enough mayhem has gone down to secure her position.

So there's no plot hole as such I reckon. TBH the basic plot hangs together fairly well - the main issues I have is that depending on which Karma you take Reggie and Delsin's relationship doesn't ring right in later cut-scenes and activity.

definitely thought it says somewhere that hank had made the deal from the beginning, that the crash was a part of it to get his daughter back, his rerelease was just to lure delsin into a trap and not part of the same deal.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it never said that, but I'm pretty sure it did.

webkatt

I wasn't really paying attention but who/what
rescued Delsin from Augustine
?

Near the beginning he confronts Augustine and is encased in concrete. Next thing I know she is yelling no and Delsin is flying to the 2nd island.

Also WTF is up with concrete?
Immobilizes Delsin instantly but Reggie can easily break it with the butt of a weapon? Couldn't Delsin just slam his trapped hands on the floor or something?

Sorian

Banned
definitely thought it says somewhere that hank had made the deal from the beginning, that the crash was a part of it to get his daughter back, his rerelease was just to lure delsin into a trap and not part of the same deal.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it never said that, but I'm pretty sure it did.

This is never said as far as I know.
Augustine planned for them to escape but none of the 3 were in on it, she knew if she gave an opening that Hank would take it.

?

An angel

?

Near the beginning he confronts Augustine and is encased in concrete. Next thing I know she is yelling no and Delsin is flying to the 2nd island.

it was Eugene using one of his angels.

Paganmoon

?

Also WTF is up with concrete?
Immobilizes Delsin instantly but Reggie can easily break it with the butt of a weapon? Couldn't Delsin just slam his trapped hands on the floor or something?

I thought the same the first play through, second play through I realized what it was Spoiler if you havn't done much in the second "island:
It was Eugene/The Angels, you can actually hear the wings when you get lifted up.

There's no over-scan on/off option on my TV. I am using game mode though.

It took me long enough, but I was happy to finally capture it. I really do love how it looks when it's in motion.

Oh right, didn't know you couldn't turn of overscan.

Roto13

So when I got
neon

Think about what the word "conduit" really means and it makes perfect sense. :p

jbug617

Banned
Just finished the game. I find I used
Neon
more than any other power probably because of the
slow down move to get good karma.

Also 100% Good. My first 100% complete in a long time

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
As great as Neon was
Video
was definitely the best power. Smoke and
Concrete
were by far the worst in terms of traversal and gameplay but they were still okay to toy around with. Hopefully, the next Infamous is like a straight X-Men derivative in terms of overall story. I'd love to see a five pronged conflict between Conduits striving to co-exist, those trying to supplant themselves as the dominant force, fanatic groups striving to wipe out Conduits, ordinary humans caught in the middle and conduits unaffiliated with either side of the conflict. I think that'd be a pretty epic setup.

Endo Punk

I want to share some pictures but don't have twitter or fb. I was told you can send the pics to another account via messages and open them on PS3 to retrieve the pics, well that doesn't work because it just says that the pics were sent from a device other than PS3.

-Digits-

I didn't really interpret it that way but your explanation makes sense.

Jedi2016

I want to share some pictures but don't have twitter or fb. I was told you can send the pics to another account via messages and open them on PS3 to retrieve the pics, well that doesn't work because it just says that the pics were sent from a device other than PS3.
I thought it had to do with the mobile app? Download them from the PSN app to your phone and then offload them from there?

Too much of a hassle, IMO. I'm just going to wait until the next big firmware update that's adding the ability to just copy them off to USB. My screencaps aren't going anywhere in the meantime.

Endo Punk

I thought it had to do with the mobile app? Download them from the PSN app to your phone and then offload them from there?

Too much of a hassle, IMO. I'm just going to wait until the next big firmware update that's adding the ability to just copy them off to USB. My screencaps aren't going anywhere in the meantime.

Yeah good point, I can wait too.

burgerdog

When starting a new game I wasn't given the option to select difficulty, will the trophy for expert still unlock if I switch it as soon as I'm in control of delsin?

Moosichu

Everyone. Lets not forget to thank suckerpunch for not including kamikaze enemies this time. The people who ran at you to blow themselves up were so annoying in the first two games.

Top Bottom