• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

After I beat the game I finished off

Getting all DUP control to 0%. I noticed they started to try to take back control. What happens if you don't intervene?

deadpixel

Banned
Did anyone else get thrown into orbit? I was doing a falling attack to a guy with his concrete shield up and I just bounced. It was even higher than the pic, couldn't take a good screenshot in time.

It happens from time to time. Never that high though. I can't complain.

rpmboy

After I beat the game I finished off

Getting all DUP control to 0%. I noticed they started to try to take back control. What happens if you don't intervene?
those are called DUP raids, nothing happens if you ignore them, as far as I know they're just an excuse for a place to still kill DUP if you want to

rpmboy

Bj7qIzaIMAAqdl1.jpg:large

GIANT ENEMY CRAB

I need to completely liberate the city after finishing the main quest but I have other games to play and I'm not motivated to play without the story. >.>

Ugh. I was pretty excited when I got my PS4 on launch and noticed a "patch notes" feature on every game. Finally they'll document what patches do!

Of course, I should've thought that no dev was going to use the damn feature.

EDIT: Even the tweet is vague. Fantastic.

Carl

I beat it on my first try on expert.

The trick was always to shoot the angels

I did on expert, but my first time through it took me bloody ages and i was bored to fuck with it.

Ugh. I was pretty excited when I got my PS4 on launch and noticed a "patch notes" feature on every game. Finally they'll document what patches do!

Of course, I should've thought that no dev was going to use the damn feature.

EDIT: Even the tweet is vague. Fantastic.

This is the first time i've seen it go unused.

kiguel182

The whole "fixed time of day" after beating the game is annoying. They could let you change it on the menu or something.

I can understand for the story part but after you're finished there shouldn't be any downsides.

Tonidayo

Guys what is it with the online packages, I don't understand much about this whole thing..I signed up on the website but what do i do with the clues obtained ?

And finished…

Fuck you Augustine…. RIP Reggie (T___T)

So many things to say but ultimately, Second Son has become my all time favorite super hero game, easily surpassing Rocksteady's Arkham series.

It's like fucking X-Men, just without the license and I LOVE IT

NJShadow

Doesn't look anything like the Master Sword. looks like a generic fantasy sword.

Anyway, has anyone been able to do part 2 of paper trail? I thought it was going to be weekly.

Yeah, I was able to do mission two. You have to make sure to gather the necessary info (karma) on the website first, then the game will allow you to move forward.

Sucker Punch has pretty much mastered the traversal, character action and general feel of inFamous. They just have to get some better side missions and boss fights.

The final fight with Augestine was so anti climatic and a poor experience in general.

Disagree, I dug the hell out of that fight. Visually spectacular as well!

I beat it on my first try on expert.

The trick was always to shoot the angels

Exactly, I beat it on expert in no time. Really easy, really fun boss fight.
I honestly don't now how people had a hard time traversing the platforms, or taking out the angels. I mean come on is this your first boss? When the angels are shooting beams at him its ridiculous to not think to shoot them. It's quite obvious they are giving him a shield.

The 4th power is so half assed it's not even funny...
no Karma bomb, no special executions, L1 is fucking high jump and it baffles me that they didn't give us the concrete leap ability

I recall an interview with Nate Fox and he made it sound like when you got it, it was gonna be like the end all be all :(

I sincerely thought the
equivalent of flight (like bat form from I2) would show up

Man, I just finished the game and now I realize that a person has to be CRAZY to give it anything less than a 9/10. That grand finale was PHENOMENAL!

Whenever things are clicking and you've got that teamwork thing going with the folks who you created relationships with in the game, I borderline get goosebumps. Fetch and Eugene jumping in and helping you scale the tower was incredible.

YEEES! (^____^)

NJShadow

I wish I could explore the city after I beat the game, but nope there's still DUPs raiding and roaming the city.

A. You can explore the city.

B. The DUP is there for folks who may actually want to still use their combative powers. You can totally avoid the DUP, and they only pop up in small numbers.

Avoid them if you want, but I'm glad they didn't strip the city of baddies at the end. Otherwise there would be almost nothing left to do but... traverse the city. What's stopping you from exploring?

Chiggs

Gold Member
End Boss Spoiler

Anyone else have Augustine's first form completely disappear? The game didn't freeze or anything, she just simply vanished. Had to restart to proceed.

Finished it with good karma just moments ago.

A little short for my taste. Combat was good but I wish Delsin could take more punishment. He gets into "almost dead" too fast. Every power is really cool but the best all around has got to be neon. SP really nailed the traversal and the feeling of being a bad ass. Delsin is a character I hope we see more of and the other powers that are mentioned sound awesome.

My complaints are that the side missions are really repetitive, the last power doesn't have a karma bomb and the fixed time of day is kind of a bummer.

acklame

Man, I just finished the game and now I realize that a person has to be CRAZY to give it anything less than a 9/10. That grand finale was PHENOMENAL!

Whenever things are clicking and you've got that teamwork thing going with the folks who you created relationships with in the game, I borderline get goosebumps. Fetch and Eugene jumping in and helping you scale the tower was incredible.

Yesss I loved that part. Also this game is so damn gorgeous.

Cudder

What really gets me is the absolutely POINTLESS loading screen text. One was about Eugene's mother being a congresswoman from Delaware. WTF?

SeanR1221

End Boss Spoiler

Anyone else have Augustine's first form completely disappear? The game didn't freeze or anything, she just simply vanished. Had to restart to proceed.

No but...
the third time I was about to kick her (before getting my karma bomb and getting her power, it randomly said I left the map and I had to start over.

Dinjooh

End Boss Spoiler

YES.

I stood there for ages, trying to figure out what I had to do. Tried to google it, but nothing

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I give it a 6.5-7/10 and I'm being generous. It feels like there something missing from the game. The gameplay is fine but the story feels forgetful at the very least

I give it a 6.5-7/10 and I'm being generous. It feels like there something missing from the game. The gameplay is fine but the story feels forgetful at the very least
What?! I know it's your opinion but it seems we didn't even play the same game lol.

It's a 9 for me easily. Especially for the characters and story. By FAAAAR the best infamous game I've played and funnest game of the generation so far for me.
yes. I have played titanfall

Levyne

Banned
I don't like to focus so much on "story" in video games, but the tunnel vision of "I need more powers" just permeated everything. I wish there was more layers to the game's motivation, if that makes sense. Other than at the very end I suppose.

Levyne

Banned
I hate scoring stuff, but 6.5 or 7 is around what I would give it as well. It's a very average game, though also very pretty (in my opinion).

ramuh

My very opinionated score would be a YES (lol). If I finish a game (to me) it is a good game. I felt the length was perfect as normally I would get bored and usually quit. It helps that this is the beginning of the PS4 life cycle and it was a really pretty game. I did notice the lack of ambient noises with the normal street activity as early posters have pointed out.

I hate scoring stuff, but 6.5 or 7 is around what I would give it as well. It's a very average game, though also very pretty (in my opinion).

but what about Assassin's Creed, GTA and the reviewers who give it them the wrong scores and 8 I can understand but a 7 c'mon good my god

I'm leaning more towards an 8, but I agree. The story just isn't as good as the second game, and the characters aren't as interesting either. There's generic youth, generic cop, generic evil chick, and ONE COMPELLING CHARACTER in
Fetch
. The gameplay also doesn't really take advantage of the PS4 at all and it largely looks like a game that could be done on the PS3. The facial models are quite terrible for a PS4 game, and fall far short of Beyond or The Last of Us.

Exactly, I beat it on expert in no time. Really easy, really fun boss fight.
I honestly don't now how people had a hard time traversing the platforms, or taking out the angels. I mean come on is this your first boss? When the angels are shooting beams at him its ridiculous to not think to shoot them. It's quite obvious they are giving him a shield.

Especially, after they were shielding the tv screens in the mission prior.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
End Boss Spoiler

No, the only glitch in my first playthrough was ending up completely encased inside an overpass after running through the bottom of it. Had to load my last save.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Spoilers for mid-game when you are heading over to the second island: did anyone else refuse to use
neon when Augustine tries to force you to switch to neon in the fight with the miniboss? I killed him smoke (I confess, I was hoping for a trophy and was disappointed when I didn't get one).

hydruxo

I'm leaning more towards an 8, but I agree. The story just isn't as good as the second game, and the characters aren't as interesting either. There's generic youth, generic cop, generic evil chick, and ONE COMPELLING CHARACTER in
Fetch
. The gameplay also doesn't really take advantage of the PS4 at all and it largely looks like a game that could be done on the PS3. The facial models are quite terrible for a PS4 game, and fall far short of Beyond or The Last of Us.

What? The facial models are incredible. I don't know what game you were playing.

Top Bottom