• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Endo Punk

I played evil first because I really want the sequel to be shaped by the evil playthrough in SS.
Akomish be damned

Near end game spoiler (speculation):
Reggie will be in a DLC with waterpowers, count on it :)

I would love this to happen. Reggie was alright by me
loved the mission where he pretended to be a bio terrorist.

Just finished ( good path )

Kudos Sucker punch that was fantastic .. it was shorter than the previous games.

The boss fights were as good as the ones in infamous 1 and the array of power/possibilities to tackles any situation as good as infamous 2. It's a good middle ground for a good/great game i just reget the fact that there aren't that many choices ( story )
But other than that ..i enjoyed it from star to finish despite dying much more often than in infamous 2

As for augustine , that reveal was to be expected i'm not really surprised , i'm just surprised that with all the effort she took to put them in one place, she didn't take the safer route. All she had to do was to act as a leader to them not as a jailer

I prefer the reapers over the police in this game as enemies.

inFamous-Reapers-001_9448.jpg

I really love inFamous, I've played through it twice now on both good and evil.

But, thoughts on character development aside in hopes of new DLC, I feel like the city should have been fleshed out more. I would have liked a more unique feel to certain areas, dynamic weather, a day/night system, more random crime, roaming drug dealers, cops that actually drive their cars, etc.

By no means take this as criticism, the game was brilliant. I just feel like this a tip of the iceberg of what could have been accomplished here.

Imagine this game with a dynamic day and night cycle.

Would have been cool if the game had both dynamic day and night cycle along with Sucker Punch's design where the game's narrative dictates the time of day. Props to Sucker Punch for sticking to their design, I really enjoyed how certain missions took place in the night and some during sunrise, some during sunset. It really helps set the mood of the overall experience.

Levyne

Banned
How hard would it have been to incorporate the cycle into the end-game mode, after the story is complete? Feels like a missed opportunity.

Sorian

Banned
How hard would it have been to incorporate the cycle into the end-game mode, after the story is complete? Feels like a missed opportunity.

Even if they didn't want a dynamic cycle, I still think everytime you load the game it chose a different time state would have been a good compromise.

Keihart

gosh i wish they would add on the next game a way to rescue normal people, i mean , something to kinda take people out of their cars to safety or something to shield them from collateral damage, a lot of times npcs die from DUP attacks.

It would also be awesome to subdue enemies in a more spidey or batman way, you know , leave them hanging for the police or something.

Even without all of this, infamous keep being the best super hero game to me. It's always like going back to spiderman 2.

KeRaSh

Finished my evil expert playthrough today and got the platinum trophy. I've never replayed a game right after finishing it before. What an amazing game. Dat final scene of the evil ending...

Finished my evil expert playthrough today and got the platinum trophy. I've never replayed a game right after finishing it before. What an amazing game. Dat final scene of the evil ending...

Same. Just finished the plat and evil ending last night. That evil ending is so good. Way better than the good ending. I think having played the good side first just makes it that much better.

Sorian

Banned
yeah , they also start rooting for your, it's pretty cool.

"We know the truth Delsin" or something along those lines the people start saying to you.

Evil playthrough was better
"Delsin helped drug dealers kill my brother!" They scream a lot of fun stuff at you when you're evil

Ryhian

Just got my platinum trophy. I'm new to PS for this gen so it's my first overall. I loved this game. It did get repetitive but I think being able to switch up powers anytime made it more enjoyable. It brought back memories of prototype 2 which I also put a ton of hours into.

Ryhian

People who got platinum . are you sick of the game?

Every time I went for platinum I end up never playing that game again

I do have to say I'm pretty over the game. I did evil play through first and it took a little grinding to get level 5 karma once I beat the good storyline. I got it from gamefly though so doubt I'll touch it again even if dlc is released.

I'm not, but there's two reasons why..

1: I only got every side thing done on my first playthrough. I played Good then, and was cautious and systematic. My second/evil run I was just tearing things up and skipping all of the side stuff (accept shards, even even then I just got enough to max powers sans the final one).

2: Platinum isn't that hard to get, honestly. There aren't any real esoteric goals, most of the trophies are just "Do all of the thing" and "Be good. Ok, now be evil" variety.

Any longer, though, and the repetition would outway the fun.

I've decided to take a short break from the game before I start my Evil playthrough and get the Platinum. I don't want to get so worn out on it that I have no desire to play any DLC. Like Far Cry 3, I still can't play that game.

But with both inFAMOUS 1 and 2 I took about a month to get the Platinum and for a good year afterwards I still regularly played around in the post-game cities.

FeiRR

Banned

I still turn it on to roam and
clear raids
. I normally don't replay games and don't care about platinums. This was different.

FMbarbarian

I got the platinum the day before official release. I still jump in every once and awhile to mess around with the powers and do the paper trail missions.

The second part of the first Paper Trail is killing me. Can't figure out the
drone code sequence
for the life of me. Is there a hint in the
pic of the phone

Kuldar

The second part of the first Paper Trail is killing me. Can't figure out the
drone code sequence
for the life of me. Is there a hint in the
pic of the phone
Nope.
It's a trial and error process. If the number is not in the code there is a cross. If the number is in the code but not at the good place it's yellow. If the number is in the code and at the good place it's green.

Nope.
It's a trial and error process. If the number is not in the code there is a cross. If the number is in the code but not at the good place it's yellow. If the number is in the code and at the good place it's green.
Sigh, guess I looked to deeply into this one lol. Was wondering why some were yellow. Thanks, I'll get it later tonight.

Finished the game. I received a silver trophy for each of the follong: unlocking all regions, tagging, defeating agents, destroying drones, drug busts, collecting audio, and I've cleared all poi on the map. Despite doing this my game save says I'm only at 27%. What else am I supposed to do?

SeanR1221

Finished the game. I received a silver trophy for each of the follong: unlocking all regions, tagging, defeating agents, destroying drones, drug busts, collecting audio, and I've cleared all poi on the map. Despite doing this my game save says I'm only at 27%. What else am I supposed to do?

That sounds bugged.

mishakoz

Did you actually click "save game" because autosaves don't update the percentage I don't think.

Kssio_Aug

Have you tried double clicking the share button at the start of the moment you want to record?

That way it works! But the thing is, I like to record the nice moments that happens when I am not expecting. Like a moment with good action where I could have done something surprisingly right! I cant preview that. =(

Cudder

Even if they didn't want a dynamic cycle, I still think everytime you load the game it chose a different time state would have been a good compromise.
It's not like there's anything to do post game anyway, so a day/night cycle would be moot after finishing the game, for me anyway.

Top Bottom