• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Kuldar

I don't know if I want a sequel with Delsin. If we play again as Delsin, there is a good chance that they make him lose his powers. And I don't want that.

I would love to play as a Delsin more experienced with these powers. Old powers would be specialized as he spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect use. While new powers could be versatile as he doesn't really know how to use them.

Sorian

Banned
I don't know if I want a sequel with Delsin. If we play again as Delsin, there is a good chance that they make him lose his powers. And I don't want that.

I would love to play as an older Delsin with more experience in the use of these powers. Old powers would be specialized as he spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect use. While new powers could be versatile as he doesn't really know how to use them.

I'd be very interested in a sequel where we play as Delsin but he doesn't fall into the old video game trope of "oops, where did all my powers go?" I'm not holding my breathe for it but I am expecting a sequel with Delsin (and Cole, somehow).

I'm sorry but the next Protagonist NEEDs to be a fucking woman for a change

Fetch would be perfect.

Gotta love dat progressive industry though :(

Sorian

Banned

Fetch would be perfect.

If we were done here then maybe but Delsin has more story to tell IMO and I would like to hear it. I'd be disappointed if this was his only outing considering what we got was about as safe and boring as it could be.

Get that 100% now?

Maybe Delsin could harness the powers of a female and change at will?

Delsindy

laughing-patrick-spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-Favim.com-236895.gif

I definitely think its the former. Considering his attitude and some of his lines during the evil run, I'd say its the former

My take on it is
a self-absorbed sense of revenge. -- "I did all this for you. My brother died because of you. And you won't even appreciate that. You'd rather die than let me help you. So screw you anyways."

I quite like both interpretations.
I think that it's interesting that you can clearly see his displeasure as the conversation with Betty goes on and concludes, but they choose to not give the standard view of the Orbital Drop, denying the player his expression as he reaches the top of his ascent. I'm curious as to what it was: something more angered like you can see in one of the fights with Augustine or something else.

a916

Fetch would be perfect.

Based on what?

Don't get me wrong, I have zero issue with the protagonist being a woman but you bring up no reasons but seem so firm in your stance...

Epcott

Heh @ those alleged numbers from "Insiderp" no less.

This paper trail... I like the concept. I just hate the execution.

I'm on Part 2
Trying to watch a video of Linda Kriley on DUP's intranet and the audio plays, but the video does not. It asks me to download Divx, all so I can get a code. So I guess I'm stuck because I really don't want Divx and I can't find the code anywhere.
I really don't want to be stuck, it was getting interesting.

They way it's set up... I find myself jumping from one browser to the next, because Firefox glitches up on one website, or Chrome refuses to work, or because it says I need to view an image on a PC when I try bringing it up on iOS. So I bring up a page in PS4's browser so I don't have to go into the other room, and some buttons don't function.

They could have at least had the foresight to make the hole thing compatible with the PS4 browser, or you know, made it seamlessly open it up during the game (much like how instructions are brought up via browser in digital games like MGSV: GZ). Or hell, even given us a simulation internet like GTAV. The way it is now is a bit messy.

Edit:
My mistake, no need to watch the video to get the code. It's right on the site. Still is a pain though.

I think if there was a sequel, there could be a villain that takes away powers. That's the only thing that could stop Delsin. It's the Anti-Delsin.

Sorian

Banned
Heh @ those alleged numbers from "Insiderp" no less.

This paper trail... I like the concept. I just hate the execution.

I'm on Part 2
Trying to watch a video of Linda Kriley on DUP's intranet and the audio plays, but the video does not. It asks me to download Divx, all so I can get a code. So I guess I'm stuck because I really don't want Divx and I can't find the code anywhere.
I really don't want to be stuck, it was getting interesting.

They way it's set up... I find myself jumping from one browser to the next, because Firefox glitches up on one website, or Chrome refuses to work, or because it says I need to view an image on a PC when I try bringing it up on iOS. So I bring up a page in PS4's browser so I don't have to go into the other room, and some buttons don't function.

They could have at least had the foresight to make the hole thing compatible with the PS4 browser, or you know, made it seamlessly open it up during the game (much like how instructions are brought up via browser in digital games like MGSV: GZ). Or hell, even given us a simulation internet like GTAV. The way it is now is a bit messy.

Edit:
My mistake, no need to watch the video to get the code. It's right on the site. Still is a pain though.

Google chrome has worked for me for absolutely everything having to do with paper trail. Any issue I've had has been on their end when their websites go down for reasons.

Based on what?

Don't get me wrong, I have zero issue with the protagonist being a woman but you bring up no reasons but seem so firm in your stance...

Cause why not?

Too many dudes and I'd love the whole xmen angle from a girl's perspective. Imagine something like Naughty Dog's approach to Ellie in The Last of Us. Frightened, coming of age girl having to cope with A LOT ala Rogue or something. Imagine the appeal it could have for a change.

What I'm saying is, there's no real reason this series needs to continue to stick with male characters. When Fetch showed up, I wanted the game to be about her from that point on.

RytGear

Not my theory at all but something which I think could be interesting is (Late game story spoilers)
What if Reggie is a water conduit? If you look he never actually scans his finger but uses his police rep to get through that checkpoint, if so then he may have survived his fall and would provide an interesting new angle to how he reacts to his new powers? If Delsin has powers and it is genetic then it is likely his brother has the gene too but maybe it is only activated when he is in that life or death situation whilst surrounded by water, just a thought?

Edit: Never mind the Bold, Just watched a youtube to double check and it appears I was mistaken, I really need to pay more attention, I still think that can be explained away somehow?

Sorian

Banned
Not my theory at all but something which I think could be interesting is (Late game story spoilers)
What if Reggie is a water conduit? If you look he never actually scans his finger but uses his police rep to get through that checkpoint, if so then he may have survived his fall and would provide an interesting new angle to how he reacts to his new powers? If Delsin has powers and it is genetic then it is likely his brother has the gene too but maybe it is only activated when he is in that life or death situation whilst surrounded by water, just a thought?

More end game:
I assume he survived as well, no body means they are still kicking, infamous has pulled it once before. Good catch on the scanner, I didn't even notice that if true. In the end, I don't even know if he would necesarilly need to be a water conduit, anything that could shear through the rock is a possibility as well.

Grimsen

I'm pretty sure he gets scanned.

mreddie

One thing I've noticed and it could be wishful thinking is that glass stays on the ground, never fades away, just stays after being smashed.

Glass Power DLC?

Arrrammis

My three main gripes about the game:
1. Length: The main storyline was good, and pacing was excellent, but I wish it could have been longer, and I wish there could have been more (or less repetitious) endgame.
Enemy conduits: I can understand the DUP making a few concrete conduits as elite soldiers, but seriously? Every single DUP soldier I have fought has concrete powers. I wish that there would be al least some normal soldiers in their ranks.
3. Characters: I love the different characters, but once you get past their individual story segments, you barely see Fetch
or Eugene
for the rest of the game. In infamous 1 and 2, secondary characters always seemed to be much more involved.
In the postgame, Delsin is completely alone, no help from Fetch or Eugene in cleaning out the DUP. I really would like to know what happens to the other conduits after the game ends. There needs to be some follow-up DLC for Eugene and Fetch to wrap up their individual stories and aspirations. (Fetch to fight the drug lords, Eugene stop bullies and protect the weak)

Dead

well not really...yet
One thing I've noticed and it could wishful thinking is that glass stays on the ground, never fades away, just stays after being smashed.

Glass Power DLC?
hmm, interesting.

In the final audio log
the informant says there's a conduit with glass powers at Curdhan Khay

sirap

I think if there was a sequel, there could be a villain that takes away powers. That's the only thing that could stop Delsin. It's the Anti-Delsin.

thats straight out of Heroes. Peter's dad had the ability to take away powers, took away Peter's empathic powers (no more power mimicry)

I don't even watch the show, but if there was a sequel Delsin would have to get new sets of powers to freshen things up. There needs to be some sort of excuse.

mreddie

I don't even watch the show, but if there was a sequel Delsin would have to get new sets of powers to freshen things up. There needs to be some sort of excuse.

Like how Cole "lost" some of his powers in i2? Maybe? A power taking Conduit would be just assholeish thing to add.

Maybe powerlocking Delsin like when he earned the other powers, he couldn't use the powers he had would make more sense.

Top Bottom