• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I don't even watch the show, but if there was a sequel Delsin would have to get new sets of powers to freshen things up. There needs to be some sort of excuse.
My guess would be a conduit who can take your powers away
possibly at the end of the DLC story or beginning of the sequel, Delsin lets go of all the conduits that were locked up by Augustine. Some of them are really bad and start fucking shit up. One of them makes him lose his powers by touching him or something along those lines. I still hope he gets to keep smoke.

Like how Cole "lost" some of his powers in i2? Maybe? A power taking Conduit would be just assholeish thing to add.

Maybe powerlocking Delsin like when he earned the other powers, he couldn't use the powers he had would make more sense.

While being assholeish, it helps to establish a villain that is on par or stronger than Delsin. We can't have a weak villain.

We already have an enabler (Beast) and a copycat (Delsin). We could have a disabler.

Different topic: Delsin would be a monster if he copied the beast.

olimpia84

Just beat this...upset at how short this game is :(
I feel like every time you fully acquired a power the game rushed onto the next section/power so I wish there were more missions in between.
Regardless, it was a very fun game, the graphics didn't do a whole lot at first but once you get the neon power and you play the game at night you truly see the 'next gen' power. Absolutely loved the lightning and particle effects when using neon. Story was good but I feel like they could have expanded it a little bit more to stretch the game a bit.

Anyways, now my goal is to get 100% and then start the story mode again doing bad karma and expert difficulty to get the platinum :)

on expert evil I felt weak in the beginning. But by the end of the game I felt super powered.

Just got neon on my expert good run and so far I have felt like a god. Nothing can touch me. Experience helps but I have always found good playthroughs to be easier than evil.

I'm planning a third playthrough where I go smoke only, except in places you have to use other powers.

this game is so good

At one point, I was running away from explosions and I was in a crowd of people. It was so bad ass, it felt like a scene out of war of the worlds. I would kill for a game like this, with a giant monster on the loose just wrecking everything. I don't think it would work in an open world game though

mujun

Finished the game last Saturday.

I enjoyed it overall. It is a 7/10 for me.

Definitely my favorite Infamous game.

Traversal was great and the combat was good (greatly improved from the previous games).

It looks nice and the main story is decent, both story and mission structure.

Side mission stuff is pretty barebones, not very interesting and there isn't much of it (especially in terms of variety).

I really liked Fetch and Eugene. I hope they are in the next game.

Keihart

The issue with the karma system is they keep tying it to your powers. Honestly, I probably would have played most of the game good but would have definitely (END GAME SPOILERS)
killed Hank and killed Augustine and I don't think that makes me any less of a hero.
They have to be aware of how hilariously binary they are with it too. Good? Beat up these drug dealers. Bad? Vaporize this street musician.

One of the few things i like about karma in infamous is that it's tied to your powers, it only makes sense that if your being careful your power wil become more precise and so on.

I don't like the way the choices work tho, it should have at least a third path to make it meaningfull, i would like that the choises allowed you to become a full fledged villain if you wish, buuuut, they should give you incentive to do so, maybe strong revenge feelings or power temptation. And as i said before, more heroic actions to perform if you so wish to stick to being a hero( saving people from cars, controlling damage, leaving villains hangin for the police or shomething , etc)

Also , i liked that towards the end of infamous 2 you could redeem yourself, they shoul include that again but more subtle, maybe a moment in the game were you are reminded of your actions and have to take a stance.

The core mechanics are great, and it's still the superior super hero game out there for me.

Coolade

Just got my platinum in this 30 seconds ago. I'd have to say my fav part of the game was
eugenes trash talking when he turned into the angel. Never got old.

Sami+

I think if there was a sequel, there could be a villain that takes away powers. That's the only thing that could stop Delsin. It's the Anti-Delsin.

tumblr_m5sszdWkpA1qbu5e0.gif

Legend of Korra had pretty much the exact same idea, lol. Villain was super badass, too, so I'm down for it.

Mifune

Mehmber
I was sorta getting tired of this game but then I hit a couple awesome missions, third boss battle, third power, and oh my I love it more than ever. The first couple missions after getting the third power are especially fun. DUP battles seem more challenging now too.

sirap

While being assholeish, it helps to establish a villain that is on par or stronger than Delsin. We can't have a weak villain.

We already have an enabler (Beast) and a copycat (Delsin). We could have a disabler.

Different topic: Delsin would be a monster if he copied the beast.

I don't think Delsin has the power to be the beast. Delsin's abilities when using copied powers seems to be capped to his own natural power, hence why he can't do some of the things
Fetch, Eugene or Augustine
can do. You could argue that in time, he could've learned some of the more moves..we'll never know though cause Suckerpunch stopped the skill tree at the Karma Bomb level.

John White (aka the Beast) was exposed to Ray Sphere radiation for a loong ass time, and Cole kept on supercharging his abilities throughout the first two games. I kinda think that's why Cole had unlimited potential, his natural power was based on electricity. Theoretically as long as he keeps on zapping his body with electricity from power grids his reserves keeps on growing bigger. Kessler even achieved time travel.

I don't think Delsin has the power to be the beast. Delsin's abilities when using copied powers seems to be capped to his own natural power, hence why he can't do some of the things Fetch,
Eugene or Augustine
can do. You could argue that in time, he could've learned some of the more moves..we'll never know though cause Suckerpunch stopped the skill tree at the Karma Bomb level.

John White (aka the Beast) was exposed to Ray Sphere radiation for a loong ass time, and Cole kept on supercharging his abilities throughout the first two games.

geez how many times do people have to be asked to spoiler tag things..

Mengetsu

I know it's most likely been talked about here but a possible story theory Involving Paper Trail:
It would be cool if the female with the paper powers was Celia. I know there's a small chance because she's story related to the villain of the game but would be cool none the less.

Celia was a young girl with the Conduit gene. Sometime during the events of inFamous 2, hers, along with Brooke Augustine's Conduit gene were activated by the Beast. Celia followed Augustine through lawless, chaotic streets where everyone wanted the two dead. When military order was restored, the two were treated as hostiles, so in a spur of the moment decision, Augustine encased her in concrete to gain the governments trust. She was the first conduit to be captured and imprisoned by the D.U.P. After years of imprisonment and experimentation at Curdun Cay, she received word that she was to be transferred to a different facility. Because Curdun Cay was home to her, she didn't want to leave. The day before she was to be transferred, she was believed to have committed suicide using her own abilities.

I'm sorry but the next Protagonist NEEDs to be a fucking woman for a change

Fetch would be perfect.

Gotta love dat progressive industry though :(
The devs don't need to do anything. We can want a FMC, and they can consider it, but they want to continue Deslin or another MMC they can. Though it would be cool, the devs shouldn't feel forced to make something that goes against what they wanted to do. The character would probably feel unnatural and fake.

Dead

well not really...yet
I know it's most likely been talked about here but a possible story theory Involving Paper Trail:
It would be cool if the female with the paper powers was Celia. I know there's a small chance because she's story related to the villain of the game but would be cool none the less.

Celia was a young girl with the Conduit gene. Sometime during the events of inFamous 2, hers, along with Brooke Augustine's Conduit gene were activated by the Beast. Celia followed Augustine through lawless, chaotic streets where everyone wanted the two dead. When military order was restored, the two were treated as hostiles, so in a spur of the moment decision, Augustine encased her in concrete to gain the governments trust. She was the first conduit to be captured and imprisoned by the D.U.P. After years of imprisonment and experimentation at Curdun Cay, she received word that she was to be transferred to a different facility. Because Curdun Cay was home to her, she didn't want to leave. The day before she was to be transferred, she was believed to have committed suicide using her own abilities.
Plus
she seems to be dressed in a schoolgirl outfit? So the age is about right considering it's 7 years later

mreddie

If they do DLC a la Festival of Blood, why not flip the script and make it Festival of Ice.

4 new conduits and 4 new powers

Snow
Electricity
Glass
Paper/Fire/Size/Something Unique a la
Video

and maybe even a new lead? Female? Basically killing a lot of birds with one stone.

Again, wishful thinking. It's just now that the conduits are back, it's likely this universe is getting expanded.

velcry

Oh my lords...

The lack of an ability to skip cutscenes is completely killing my motivation to do a second playthough.

I only just made it to the bit
after you met Augustine for the first time, and you're leaving the Akomish with your brother in the truck.
But it is SO PAINFUL to sit through the cutscenes again, especially when time is tight!

Please, Sucker Punch, patch in the ability to skip cut scenes!

eshwaaz

I just noticed an odd visual anomaly that's a really unfortunate blemish. When it's raining at night (when the game is at its most gorgeous), you can see water dripping down from some ledges and fire escapes. These water effects have some very noticeable bounding boxes around them, that increase and decrease size with the water effects. It's really obvious; I'm surprised it made it into the game.

Just finished the game 10mins. What a game, played it as a hero but I'm looking to play it again as evil. Would I just have to go to new game and start again? I'm currently finishing up clearing areas after the game completed.

J3ffro

Oh my lords...

The lack of an ability to skip cutscenes is completely killing my motivation to do a second playthough.

I only just made it to the bit
after you met Augustine for the first time, and you're leaving the Akomish with your brother in the truck.
But it is SO PAINFUL to sit through the cutscenes again, especially when time is tight!

Please, Sucker Punch, patch in the ability to skip cut scenes!

...I did not realize that. Hmm. I wrapped up my good play through this afternoon, and figured in the next week or two I'll go evil, but that is definitely making it less appealing.

daveo42

Banned
Finished up earlier today. Hero ending was ok, but felt a bit on the shortish side. I almost thought I'd get one last choice at the conclusion of the final battle due to the moral ambiguity of the situation. Started an evil campaign and I already like the tonal shift from one of the early scenes. Most interested in the changes with
the different tags and of course the dynamic between Delsin, Reggie, Eugene, Henry, and Fetch.

The best power is totally
video
, but I felt the best karmic ability was Neon only because of how powerful it was and how it could easily be used in enclosed spaces. Will most likely play through it much faster as I'm not sure I want to deal with handling all of the DUPs this time through. I will, however, cover the side missions that I skipped over first time. Maybe. Not sure if I want to keep them on my hero save or not.

...I did not realize that. Hmm. I wrapped up my good play through this afternoon, and figured in the next week or two I'll go evil, but that is definitely making it less appealing.

As far as I can tell, a few of the scenes will play out differently or with different dialogue in the evil campaign.

Sanke__

Got the platinum earlier today.

Story is kinda strange as the stuff with your brother makes a lot more sense on the evil play through and the stuff with Betty makes a lot more sense on the good play through.

Overall between story and gameplay I thought the evil play through was better.

Really confused by the reviews I read that said the evil play through didn't work story wise.

mace999

Neo Member
I bought the Asian version of Infamous Second Son as I live in Bangkok, but I am a member of the US PSN ........ So my promotion codes don't work ......

So here are 2 codes for the Asian version to be used on Asian PSN

Cole's Legacy & Legendary Vest

9EC3-P4N2-P9PC

4 Originally designed jackets, Pre order bonus

DEE3-FAN3-L9GP

Please let people know if you take them and redeem them, then I can edit my post

velcry

I bought the Asian version of Infamous Second Son as I live in Bangkok, but I am a member of the US PSN ........ So my promotion codes don't work ......

So here are 2 codes for the Asian version to be used on Asian PSN

Cole's Legacy & Legendary Vest

9EC3-P4N2-P9PC

4 Originally designed jackets, Pre order bonus

DEE3-FAN3-L9GP

Please let people know if you take them and redeem them, then I can edit my post

FYI, I was in your situation, and I was advised to download the DLC via the Asian PSN, then switch back to my US PSN account to play the game. Apparently, just like in the PS3 days, you can play the R3 version under your R1 account, and all DLC will be integrated.

It hasn't worked for me yet, and I can't figure out why, but maybe you'll have better luck.

(I can't get the missions for Cole's Legacy, and I can't switch to any of the 4 jackets, even though I just finished the game on Good lol)

Noahd41

Neo Member
I really enjoyed this game. Definitely the best thing I've played on PS4 to this point. I played hero, but I don't think I would go for another play through.

thesnowman

Neo Member
Just finished the game and feel slightly unsatisfied. I didnt really get on with Infamous 1, but ended up getting 2 for $15 from Target and absolutely loved it. Second son for me is good, but not great. The city itself it great, but its so quiet, and doesnt feel alive. Its one of the things Rockstar North do so well. Its also very light on content, the main story is interesting, but short and the side characters are underused. Its so lovely to look at, but for all the cool powers, I never manged to obtain the feeling of being powerful like I did in two when I threw a car at a helicopter for the first time.

All the shooting cameras, destroying the control point, and finding audio logs is great, and I enjoyed them. However towards the end its felt repetitive, and I realized I was only doing it because there was so little content elsewhere. I would still get a sequel as I do enjoy the games, but I feel that the lack of content and audio really detract from the decent premise.

I don't think Delsin has the power to be the beast. Delsin's abilities when using copied powers seems to be capped to his own natural power, hence why he can't do some of the things
Fetch, Eugene or Augustine

John White (aka the Beast) was exposed to Ray Sphere radiation for a loong ass time, and Cole kept on supercharging his abilities throughout the first two games. I kinda think that's why Cole had unlimited potential, his natural power was based on electricity. Theoretically as long as he keeps on zapping his body with electricity from power grids his reserves keeps on growing bigger. Kessler even achieved time travel.

Delsin also has unlimited potential. The core relays and shards has the same effect as power stations and blast cores for Cole.

Both Cole and Delsin bypass the training periods with those. I'll say Delsin has even more potential because he's not limited to one skillset. The reason his powers are not the same is because he adds his own style on the powers. It was said in one of the video demonstration before the game launch. I think it's the one where there was a guy properly playing.

Pop

That is very true. Would be interesting for sure.

Idk if you completed Part 2 of paper trails so don't read.
I could have sworn the very first mission, were the girl shows up it's says "Follow Celia". Or something like that.

Maybe I'm wrong

Replicant

Has Papertrail gone cold for everyone else? I can't see the logo anymore on my game but online, it's telling me to play Part 2 on my console? I guess they haven't updated it yet?

This is what I got:

XCHBMJD.png

Where is the Wabbit?

Pop

Has Papertrail gone cold for everyone else? I can't see the logo anymore on my game but online, it's telling me to play Part 2 on my console? I guess they haven't updated it yet?

This is what I got:

XCHBMJD.png

Where is the Wabbit?

Nope

I'm waiting on Part 3

Mengetsu

Idk if you completed Part 2 of paper trails so don't read.
I could have sworn the very first mission, were the girl shows up it's says "Follow Celia". Or something like that.

Maybe I'm wrong

I haven't yet so i'll hold out on that spoiler thanks :)

Dead

well not really...yet

This is what I got:

XCHBMJD.png

Where is the Wabbit?
Did you beat the game?

Part 2 only showed up for me when I beat it for some reason.

cdkee

Banned

This is what I got:

XCHBMJD.png

Where is the Wabbit?

I think you need to either be past the third power, or finished the game for it to show up in game.

Part 2 spoilers:
because you go in Eugene's lair

Top Bottom