• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

vid

I'm one trophy away from the platinum, apparently I wasn't evil enough in my Evil Expert playthrough. Any advice for grinding bad karma?

I'm one trophy away from the platinum, apparently I wasn't evil enough in my Evil Expert playthrough. Any advice for grinding bad karma?

Kill police, sign spinners, musicians, etc. Might take a while but pretty much all you can do, unless you still have the spray paint mini games left, you could do the evil ones.

Replaying on evil and story, I just
"corrupted" Fetch
. All the story elements are making far more sense in an evil playthrough so far.

1. Augustine says at the beginning she'll keep killing the Akomish until she finds out what Delsin knows. Makes perfect sense that she actually goes after the Akomish if Delsin tells her to piss off.

2. In the early parts of the story Delsin is more than eager to show off his powers. Makes perfect sense that he gets carried away.

3. Delsin gets pissed that people are against Conduits. Makes perfect sense that he'd go after protesters.

4. Fetch is a serial killer and former junkie. Makes a lot more sense that a) Delsin sides with her, and b) he forces Reggie to leave her alone when they first meet, rather than the Good version of the cutscene were Delsin goes "Reggie pls" and Reggie goes "SHE'S EVIL AND A MURDERER but ok"

If this keeps up I wouldn't be surprised if Sucker Punch says the Evil storyline is canon. I guess it'll depend on how the game ends.

Has anyone encountered this lighting problem?

QcyBmoT.jpg

I was clearing up the last few remaining DUP checkpoints and suddenly the lighting goes all crazy...

Was damn near impossible to make anything out at times.

Has anyone encountered this lighting problem?

I was clearing up the last few remaining DUP checkpoints and suddenly the lighting goes all crazy...

Was damn near impossible to make anything out at times.

Yea it seems to happen when neon dashing in the direction of the sun. It can get annoying.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The mission structure is just weird, doesn't try and drive you forwards at all. After I did the first couple of missions and it left me to clear out some districts, I pretty much cleared out three districts before even noticing that there were more missions. I found one of those star icons, but I couldn't do the mission for some reason, so I figure it would inform me when a mission was available, eg by phone. But I guess I was just in the wrong district.

mut321

Neo Member
I found
the video boss fight sooooo tedious it dragged on so long
other than that I came around to loving the game after not liking it much at first, will replay.

Duxxy3

Hrmmm

I may put off continuing my expert evil until they let me use L1/R1 for aim/fire. Was excited about the game the first time through that I just ignored the poor accuracy. I tried getting used to the triggers in other games (blops2), but my accuracy isn't even in the same world as when I use L1/R1.

Deadstar

This is one of the best games I've played in a while. It's just a ton of fun. The powers are awesome. It feels so good moving through the city. I'm going all evil so I have the continuous speed burst.

The mission structure is just weird, doesn't try and drive you forwards at all. After I did the first couple of missions and it left me to clear out some districts, I pretty much cleared out three districts before even noticing that there were more missions. I found one of those star icons, but I couldn't do the mission for some reason, so I figure it would inform me when a mission was available, eg by phone. But I guess I was just in the wrong district.

Haha! Same exact thing happened to me. After the first mission I saw a bunch of icons on screen so I'm like ok time to clear some districts. After clearing just about everything I realized there was a mission star on the map. I totally missed it somehow. Though collecting the shards is pretty fun and I like doing the graffiti side missions. The art for those are pretty impressive.

Replicant

Did you beat the game?

Part 2 only showed up for me when I beat it for some reason.

No, I haven't. About to get the third power.

I think you need to either be past the third power, or finished the game for it to show up in game.

Part 2 spoilers:
because you go in Eugene's lair

Oh okay. Hopefully it'll show up after I do that then.

Thanks, both of you.

You can change the difficulty at any point during the opening scene and your good.

Without going into too much detail (not started it yet) what is the window for changing the difficulty for the trophy to count? In I2 I think it was anytime before the end of the fight against
The Beast

Started the Paper Trail mission and it's directed me to the website. I've now got to enter a code into the mobile phone. Is the code obvious to see somewhere?

Garland7G

Just finished the evil ending, while I sorta saw that coming...I didn't expect what happens at the very end. Awesome stuff. I just wish I didn't have so many games this month as I really wanna see how the good ending goes.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
im having a ton of fun with this game.
the powers are all good and everything is usefull.
Still on my first run but I like this game even more then 1 and 2.

Hope they do another one.

wowlace

Been playing on expert since the get go, on my first play through. Just beat the holder of the third power. Damn that was hard. So cool and epic, love it.

Duxxy3

Any tips on getting the Hat Trick and DSSA trophies?

There are some very heavy rock guys near the end of the game that are a bitch to take down. They can take more than a few shots from each power.
DSSA can be done easily with the DUP tower vents and nearby DUP enemies.

Hat trick can be easily obtained in the lower part of Seattle with
concrete dup mobile command centers, they usually have all 3 power sources present essily

DSSA can be obtained
near the end of the game when you are climbing the tower to get to Augustine, the starting point has two cents to go through and you can then drop into the enemies below.

zoukka

Decided to change from good to evil last night because the story is just shitty and nothing in the game world feels believable. This game would've worked much better with more stylized characters in vein of superhero cartoons like spiderman or something. Now you have this MASSIVE gulf between the cutscenes and characters and the black & white morality of the cartoon city seattle.

Another example of wasted resources on trying to bring the characters alive and as human as possible. It just doesn't work.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah, playing evil on this second playthrough, seems like Delsin has some kind of multiple personalities

It feels fuckin weird

0racle

I think I have a complex with night scenes in video games. I simply can't stand them.

It's very weird......previously I figured it was because generally they looked like ass due to hardware constraints, but with SS they arguably have the best looking night scenes we have laid eyes on. And I still could care less.

In fact I was only overly "wowed" by the games visuals at the end of my good play through when it was bright and sunny, the game just pops and I have no idea why they saved it untill the end.

Maybe it's just me.

gunstarhero

Kind of a dumb question - but should I be 100% clearing each zone so early in the game? I've cleared about 4 zones 100% and I still only have smoke as my power.

Do the additional powers come late in the game? Seems like I'm clearing a lot of areas before I get some other powers to mess around with inside those zones.

This is my first Infamous game - game is unbelievably fun. And I generally can't stand open world game like this...

KORNdoggy

for hat trick i wiped out a regular bunch of DUP, waited until one surrendered, shot him once with smoke, once with neon, and finished him off with
video
as long as you don't aim for the head he'll take the punishment without dying.

as for the DSSA, remember you don't have to actually use 2 seperate smoke stacks. you can simply bounce off the exit of the same smoke stack twice, or even use the same smoke stacks entry point. that's what i did. just bounced on a roof fan twice and comet dropped some regular DUP out of those trucks.

malaphorically

Neo Member
Finished the game 100% on good. Some thoughts.
  • I really enjoyed the various modes of traversal in this game but ultimately felt the 3 powers were a bit too similar when it came to combat.
  • I also found the side missions extremely repetitive and a huge step down from inFAMOUS 2, clearing districts was so formulaic and poorly fleshed-out (thank god they didn't bring back mash r3 for blast shards and have 300+ again though). Also I found the story relayed in Dead Drops more interesting than these audio logs.
  • The main missions had terrible pacing, I didn't feel compelled to move forward and as you progressed further it seemed like they just kept giving you power after power, it really felt significant getting new powers in inFAMOUS 1 especially, but even in 2 they kept it feeling pretty cool.
  • EDIT: One more big one, the level on enemy variety is criminal, I liked how each area had different enemies in prior games there were what 5 enemies in this game?
  • I really preferred Cole and Zeke vs. Delsin and Reggie,
    whose death had no impact personally
  • Another issue re:Delsin vs Cole, despite Delsin having
    powers, I never felt nearly as powerful with Delsin as I did with Cole. With Cole I would be throwing rockets and grenades all over the place and feeling like a badass, never really got that feeling in SS, spent a lot more time running around the enemies really fast.
  • They improved on the sound design a lot, but my god every game in this series is so empty and it's even more exacerbated by the fact that unlike inFAMOUS 1 and 2 there's no plague or cataclysmic event and the detail of the world makes it even more obvious.
  • Binary Karma is still dumb
  • Should've had something like the grinding on the train tracks, what is the point of monorails if they aren't faster than other modes of transportation?
  • Is it just me misremembering or is Second Son smaller (map size) than previous games? Or just much faster to go across?
  • But Second Son is easily one of the most fun games to travel around in, (and the world is stunning, especially at
    night with neon
    and the third power is awesome and completely unexpected, I'm really glad they kept it under wraps.
  • I'd give it an 7.5/10, (for reference I consider inFAMOUS 2 the best in the series and a 9/10)

Finished the game 100% on good. Some thoughts.
  • I really enjoyed the various modes of traversal in this game but ultimately felt the 3 powers were a bit too similar when it came to combat.
  • I also found the side missions extremely repetitive and a huge step down from inFAMOUS 2, clearing districts was so formulaic and poorly fleshed-out (thank god they didn't bring back mash r3 for blast shards and have 300+ again though). Also I found the story relayed in Dead Drops more interesting than these audio logs.
  • The main missions had terrible pacing, I didn't feel compelled to move forward and as you progressed further it seemed like they just kept giving you power after power, it really felt significant getting new powers in inFAMOUS 1 especially, but even in 2 they kept it feeling pretty cool.
  • I really preferred Cole and Zeke vs. Delsin and Reggie,
    whose death had no impact personally
  • Another issue re:Delsin vs Cole, despite Delsin having
    powers, I never felt nearly as powerful with Delsin as I did with Cole. With Cole I would be throwing rockets and grenades all over the place and feeling like a badass, never really got that feeling in SS, spent a lot more time running around the enemies really fast.
  • They improved on the sound design a lot, but my god every game in this series is so empty and it's even more exacerbated by the fact that unlike inFAMOUS 1 and 2 there's no plague or cataclysmic event and the detail of the world makes it even more obvious.
  • Binary Karma is still dumb
  • Should've had something like the grinding on the train tracks, what is the point of monorails if they aren't faster than other modes of transportation?
  • Is it just me misremembering or is Second Son smaller (map size) than previous games? Or just much faster to go across?
  • But Second Son is easily one of the most fun games to travel around in, (and the world is stunning, especially at
    night with neon
    and the third power is awesome and completely unexpected, I'm really glad they kept it under wraps.
  • I'd give it an 7.5/10, (for reference I consider inFAMOUS 2 the best in the series and a 9/10)

Nice, honest review. I agree with just about all of your points.

I just finished a hero playthrough but i've had enough... i'll be trading it in. There's just too much repetition and too little "to actually do". Simply gorgeous... but the sheen quickly wore off for me.

KeRaSh

Does anyone happen to have a full res capture of Delisin's artsy colored face during the credits with the white background? I tried to capture that specific screen after my second playthrough but the share delay messed it up...

The EU Infamous PS3 bundle does not include Cole's Legacy correct? How big of a deal is it to miss that content? I'd like to jump into the PS4 wagon but the bundle is the only one in stock over here and it's running out fast.

Top Bottom