• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Kane1345

ifougG0AibQw5.jpg

Bloody hell...

Wrynnax

some ebay seller got a ton of copies and sold them earilier in the week
I wonder...did this seller sell them at retail price? Otherwise this could be a brilliant marketing move. Create hype by allowing some early acces users to share their amazament at how good it is and in doing so racking up more pre orders (and beanies! )
And for something completely different:wouldn't be surprised if reviewers called this the first true next gen experience and praising the visuals, especially seeing as titanfall isn't a graphical powerhouse. But they scored on gameplay, so who knows...

I want to play this right now, but at the same time I hope GameStop doesn't get the okay to break street date. The day before I'm going to a Reel Big Fish concert and I don't wanna be thinking about inFamous the entire time.

WeAreStarStuff, could you stop posting so many pics of the game? I appreciate the impressions more than anything but I would like to see stuff from the game myself. Could you start spoiler tagging them please?

I am in this thread to get some impressions from those that have the game but I don't wanna stay if I am going to see pics from locations every other post.

Sorry; I'll stop.

Rixxan

are we getting many impressions on the actual game?

the graphics look flat out incredible, first true next gen title in terms of fidelity, at least from what i've seen in some of these shots (especially given that this is open world)

all that being said,

hows the actual game?

(i lack the constitution to wait a week for reviews, satisfy my needs someone)

Loudninja

I appreciate some of the pics and all of the impressions. We all just want to be surprised like you were too :). Thanks again. And you can just spoiler tag them and I'll be fine.

Tell is more about the game when you get the chance!
The thing is the pics are from areas we seen many times already.

But I do understand.

RetroMG

Had some extra tax refund cash left over, so preordered this. I really liked Infamous 2, but never got around to finishing it. This looks awesome.

Loudninja

has anyone here been doing infamous paper trail...they need to hurry that up. They only have 6 more days, seeing the last one drops on release day

Dawg

Aww yeah, just got a great email.

Editor-in-chief completed the game, will send the game to me now. ETA: tuesday

PARTY HARD

HOLY SHIT. This game. This game.

Sucker Punch has completely shattered my expectations.

I can't believe I'm playing an Infamous game.

Seriously the story, sound, graphics, gameplay etc. are all fucking amazing.

If anyone wants to know something specific let me know.

beast786

Does the game IQ as good as the pics posted?

TMC

Can you disable the HUD?

I know this has been asked quite a few times, but it doesn't appear to have been answered so I am curious.

eshwaaz

The thing is the pics are from areas we seen many times already.

But I do understand.
I understand as well, but I still really appreciate how spoiler-conscious WeAreAllStars has been with screenshot selection. If you've watched any recent videos, chances are you've seen what's represented in the captures.

Again, though - I completely understand people wanting to go in totally cold.

Tagg9

How's the story? Is he less of a douche that we've been lead to believe?

Skilletor

Mine is out for delivery now. I won't be able to play until tonight.

Are they shutting down streams? I have a capture card and could do it through that instead of the ps4.

Can you disable the HUD?

I know this has been asked quite a few times, but it doesn't appear to have been answered so I am curious.

This. Especially considering in some shots, some of, if not all of the hud elements are gone. I am assuming that certain hud elements are removed throughout the game for artistic reasons. However, I would be very pleased if I could turn the hud off altogether. Such a beautiful game I want to minimize the intrusions.

Edit: Wow, didn't refresh the thread I guess. When I posted, I realized this was already answered. Disappointing, I hope this is a feature Sucker Punch would think about patching in later as it would be relatively easy.

Does the game IQ as good as the pics posted?

Yes. It looks even better on the TV.

Can you disable the HUD?

No you can't turn off the HUD (right now).

Also I know someone said this game is locked to 30 fps, but I don't think thats the case.

When you look at the sky you can clearly see the framerate speed up (like past infamous games)

This leads me to the conclusion that it is actually unlocked.

is coles legacy downloadable right now

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

How does the game feel on Vita remote play?

How's the story? Is he less of a douche that we've been lead to believe?

Yes I think so. Even though he is a badass and loves his powers, you can totally see emotion in him.

It humanizes him and makes him not seem like a total douche.

Delsin is a fantastic character and as of right now I think I like him more than Cole.

Top Bottom