• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

TMC

Jelly of everyone getting it today. I am kicking myself for not getting expedited shipping from Cheetah. Only two more days though.

Amagon

Ahh yiss! Motherfucking Infamous. Thank you based Cheetah!
3AQmK.gif

Ly3MJGfl.jpg

HOLY SHIT. This game. This game.

Sucker Punch has completely shattered my expectations.

I can't believe I'm playing an Infamous game.

Seriously the story, sound, graphics, gameplay etc. are all fucking amazing.

If anyone wants to know something specific let me know.

Actually I don't like so much the sound, is too subtle, too silent, the power's SFX don't pop out in a boom like I want. And the music is too peacefull.
But the rest... Oh my gosh, so fucking beautiful!

Btw, i found a Knack doll!

Raptor

Actually I don't like so much the sound, is too subtle, too silent, the power's SFX don't pop out in a boom like I want. And the music is too peacefull.
But the rest... Oh my gosh, so fucking beautiful!

Btw, i found a Knack doll!

God damn it, this si something I noticed during some gameplay and I was hoping it was because something was wrong there and not something to do with the game itself, it lacks bass isn't?

AdanVC

I'm about to pre order this game and I don't even have a PS4. I need a cup of tea to calm down and not do it or I would probably end up buying the damn console by tomorrow and I'm broke as hell right now haha.

Do we know just how significant it even is from any previews or anything or is everyone literally in the blind about it?

I heard it wasn't just some 15 minute mission. They said it was fairly substantial.

I also heard it doesn't unlock until you get all the powers.

Soi-Fong

Ok. Seriously, guys the movement in this game is perfect. I can see why, they kept on showing off the DS4. This game and the DS4 are a match made in heaven. Nothing feels floaty with Delsin's movement. Everything is precise. Seriously, this kinda movement can be translated into a platformer.

Edit: Kinda disappointed Delsin's clothes don't seem to get wet when I get into the water and get out ala Uncharted.

Yes. It looks even better on the TV.

No you can't turn off the HUD (right now).

Also I know someone said this game is locked to 30 fps, but I don't think thats the case.

When you look at the sky you can clearly see the framerate speed up (like past infamous games)

This leads me to the conclusion that it is actually unlocked.

Is there any screen tearing?

Loudninja

Ok. Seriously, guys the movement in this game is perfect. I can see why, they kept on showing off the DS4. This game and the DS4 are a match made in heaven. Nothing feels floaty with Delsin's movement. Everything is precise. Seriously, this kinda movement can be translated into a platformer.

Edit: Kinda disappointed Delsin's clothes don't seem to get wet when I get into the water and get out ala Uncharted.
People had said the controls were amazing,glad to hear it.

Soi-Fong

I don't know what AA they're using, but it fuckin works. You have to look pretty hard to find aliasing. The IQ is superb.

Edit: texturing in this game is smooth and clear. I have no idea how the got these kinds of textures in an open world game. Goddamn, does Sony have it good in having yet another studio that can put out world class graphics.

Loudninja

Yeah I think after tons of footage pics an impressions someone would have mention tearing by now.

So the framerate good for you guys?

Soi-Fong

I can tell just from the first few minutes, SP took a lot from ND. Delsin's makes a lot of witty comments just about the environment and everything just like Nathan does.

VanWinkle

Yeah if you guys who got the game early could refrain from screenshots in this particular thread, that would be awesome of you. I loved seeing some, but I've had my fill and want the rest to be experienced first-hand.

General impressions would be great, however!

Soi-Fong

Yeah if you guys who got the game early could refrain from screenshots in this particular thread, that would be awesome of you. I loved seeing some, but I've had my fill and want the rest to be experienced first-hand.

General impressions would be great, however!

Will do!!! :)

Top Bottom