• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Soi-Fong

I've noticed a little bit of pop-in. Not directly stuff that's in front of you or way in front of you, but way off into the distance.
Not really pop-in of objects themselves, but pop-in of more detail on those objects.

Edit: I'll put up an example.

Darksol

iGQ4eiPl4Aibq.JPG

HNNNNNGG.

ITS AMAZING.

!!!

eshwaaz

Actually I don't like so much the sound, is too subtle, too silent, the power's SFX don't pop out in a boom like I want. And the music is too peacefull.
That was my biggest concern based in the videos. I've always thought that the sound design in the InFamous games was too understated and meek; sad that it's (arguably) also the case here.

Disappointing, but still super-excited for Friday. Looks gorgeous and combat looks way more entertaining to me than the previous games.

I can tell just from the first few minutes, SP took a lot from ND. Delsin's makes a lot of witty comments just about the environment and everything just like Nathan does.

Thats awesome. I watched the first 20 min and was very impressed!Man the textures look amazing. Are you impressed by the graphics??

Actually I don't like so much the sound, is too subtle, too silent, the power's SFX don't pop out in a boom like I want. And the music is too peacefull.
But the rest... Oh my gosh, so fucking beautiful!

It's not as quiet as the second game though, right? Cause that stuck out like a sore thumb. Would be unfortunate if true, that they haven't learned.

I've noticed a little bit of pop-in. Not directly stuff that's in front of you or way in front of you, but way off into the distance.
Not really pop-in of objects themselves, but pop-in of more detail on those objects.

Edit: I'll put up an example.

Are you using an ssd or sshd? Maybe they can reduce texture pop-in?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Example of the slight pop-in in detail I was talking about.

LHC.jpg

MHC.jpg

The buildings off into the distance. Pop-in of the shadows.

I see what you mean but as long as it's not crazy pop in. I am cool with it.
For an open world game looking this good.
It's almost impossible to not have any at all.

Soi-Fong

I just want to restate before people start nitpicking pop-in OMG..

The pop-in is not one of objects and its nothing that takes place right in front of you or even way in front of you. At least from what I've played so far. It's more what I mentioned above, pop in of stuff like shadows far into the distance.

Loudninja

The pop-in is not one of objects and its nothing that takes place right in front of you or even way in front of you. At least from what I've played so far. It's more what I mentioned above, pop in of stuff like shadows far into the distance.
I am glad to see detail impressions thanks. :)

This happen in every 3d games

wouldn't be an open world game without pop-ins.

Wow the draw distance is really insane. I just shot a rocket from the space needle and it went sooo far and then exploded in the distance :O.

I'm so impressed.

Frillen

People who expect games to have zero pop-ins on the next gen systems are going to be disappointed. Obviously they're going to be there to a certain degree.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
HOLY SHIT. This game. This game.

Sucker Punch has completely shattered my expectations.

I can't believe I'm playing an Infamous game.

Seriously the story, sound, graphics, gameplay etc. are all fucking amazing.

If anyone wants to know something specific let me know.

Agreed... amazing acting and pretty engrossing. Frame rate has been rock solid and IQ is excellent.

have you found the audio logs? Hints at some pretty cool stuff.

Only drawback I can think of is the side missions seem a bit pedestrian.

Putty

This looks just staggeringly good for what i consider a 1st wave title! Really enjoyed the 1st 2, and this looks leap ahead in pretty much every dept...Not that i'll get to play much when it lands, ssoo many projects on the go right now.

Top Bottom