• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

so after about two hours of gameplay, this game unfortunately met my expectation of amazing graphics but been there done that. Maybe i'm just sick of these type of games now where its checkpoint this, capture that then move on but the gameplay just feels stale. The gfxs on the other hand are even better than I thought - prob one of the nicest looking console games I've seen but I'm bored.

Keep going. You bought the game, might as well finish it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
so after about two hours of gameplay, this game unfortunately met my expectation of amazing graphics but been there done that. Maybe i'm just sick of these type of games now where its checkpoint this, capture that then move on but the gameplay just feels stale. The gfxs on the other hand are even better than I thought - prob one of the nicest looking console games I've seen but I'm bored.
Send it to me.

Delt31

Keep going. You bought the game, might as well finish it.

nah - i'm just bored and quite honestly rather play other games or do something else. I just bought a PC and this was the last game I tried before selling the ps4. Looks like this will go on ebay tomorrow.

Dinjooh

nah - i'm just bored and quite honestly rather play other games or do something else. I just bought a PC and this was the last game I tried before selling the ps4. Looks like this will go on ebay tomorrow.

I6kGSo6.jpg

Much appreciated!

I'm really excited to get the game, but I can see myself having impressions in-line with this. The first two games didn't really do anything for me, but I'm getting this mainly because it's the first big PS4 exclusive, the visuals, and well, it's a new game for my new PS4.

It's true that I should probably Gamefly it or wait for a price drop, but I have no self-restraint. It's also possible that I enjoy this one a lot more than the other two. What I don't usually dig about open world games are the fetch quests, the collectathon nature, the odd, sporadic enemy placement, etc. Really hoping this game tries to avoid all that but I know it won't.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was joking before but seriously, send the game to me.

Dart

How much are you selling it for? :p

I'm curious as to why you even bought a PS4 in the first place.

GravyButt

Played for a few hours and digging everything about besides his voice. Very annoying to me. But I usually dont play games like this so its pretty refreshing.

Also curious what the day 1 patch is about though.

Loudninja

Thanks for you impressions. :)

Are we sure there's another patch being released day 1? The game is being reviewed right now. Why wouldn't Sucker Punch want the best version to be reviewed?

Are we sure there's another patch being released day 1? The game is being reviewed right now. Why wouldn't Sucker Punch want the best version to be reviewed?

That's what I want to know. I don't want to keep playing without it patched but it's hard to stop playing when the game is right here.
sadbron.png

Atlas157

Well if you're bored of it, I'll take it off your hands. ;)

shaq2.png

What?
I don't understand this.
not trying to derail the discussion, but the reason I got the X1 over the PS4 was because I love Halo (single player) and Viva Piñata, but never really liked the Sony exclusives and not interested in Japanese games outside what Nintendo has to offer. Sorry. Probably sounds weird to you guys.

Oh and Killer Instinct is incredible.

I-hate-u

not trying to derail the discussion, but the reason I got the X1 over the PS4 was because I love Halo (single player) and Viva Piñata, but never really liked the Sony exclusives and not interested in Japanese games outside what Nintendo has to offer. Sorry. Probably sounds weird to you guys.

Oh and Killer Instinct is incredible.

Yeah my bad I didn't understand your comment. Would be pretty cool if MS revives Viva Pinata actually. Wouldn't hold my breath.

Jonboy

Saw a stack of limited edition copies at Walmart. Ask clerk to give me one. Rings it up can't sell. :(

Ahhh, man! Soooo close.

I'm just hoping for a patch to fix some performance issues. It runs great most of the time but when there's a decent amount of enemies on-screen and you start destroying the DUP buildings...not so much. There are also some hitches that seem to be load/LOD related.
Wait...what? First I've heard of this.

Anyone else have that happen?

Yeah my bad I didn't understand your comment. Would be pretty cool if MS revives Viva Pinata actually. Wouldn't hold my breath.
I had a thread on r/xboxone about craving a new Viva Piñata that Major replied to saying he emailed the threads link to the guys at Rare, so who knows.

This infamous game looks incredible though. Maybe I'll get a PS4 in a year.

Awww... when you're using remote play, they disable something entirely. Spoilers!
When you start up a tagging minigame, it makes you turn and shake the can(aka the controller/vita), and when using remote play, it just cuts to when you'd complete the tag entirely instead of having you do it with the DS4 directly on the system.

R3TRODYCE

I hope this doesn't happen to me but I have a feeling that it will.

viveks86

It seems like the size they downloaded doesn't match what SP said. This could very well be a different patch than day 1. Most games since console launch have gone through this, where the review copy is a slightly different build. It's all about maximizing the time they have remaining for some last minute tweaking/fixing before launch day.

If this indeed is the case, there are some people's faces I will be rubbing it in, come launch. Let's see…. :p

DrBo42

I hope this doesn't happen to me but I have a feeling that it will.

You really have to push through the first 2 or 3 main missions in Seattle or else you'll end up feeling like him. Game has a great start but once you're set loose in the city you end up getting distracted before you have your core abilities. If you spend too much time without them it'll really pull your enjoyment down.

Hey man, no game is for everyone. I personally find GTA/Red Dead boring but find something liberating and fun about Infamous. And I know that I "should" love those other games as well. However, that is a lot of pressure to put on one title, basically Infamous was not for you so you are selling the entire console? It's your money, but that seems so strange. It hasn't even been 6 months yet.

R3TRODYCE

You really have to push through the first 2 or 3 main missions in Seattle or else you'll end up feeling like him. Game has a great start but once you're set loose in the city you end up getting distracted before you have your core abilities. If you spend too much time without them it'll really pull your enjoyment down.

As long as the story pulls me in like Infamous 1 did then I should love it.

Delt31

How much are you selling it for? :p

I'm curious as to why you even bought a PS4 in the first place.

Bought the PS4 as my main next gen console however with the new PC and being blown away of how good they look and play (1080p and 60fps), I no longer am keeping it.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I want to know what the first patch consists of. I don't want to play too much and the game has a patch that improves the game considerably.

Honestly if you can wait it would probably be for the best. No one knows what the 350 MB patch will add
There are two missions that you cannot unlock just yet probably in that patch

HORRORSHØW

i think that's a pitfall of many open-world games. without concision or structure, it's easy to lose your way, and consequently, your attention to the main narrative.

Delt31

Hey man, no game is for everyone. I personally find GTA/Red Dead boring but find something liberating and fun about Infamous. And I know that I "should" love those other games as well. However, that is a lot of pressure to put on one title, basically Infamous was not for you so you are selling the entire console? It's your money, but that seems so strange. It hasn't even been 6 months yet.

again - the ps4 is an amazing system and something i would def hold on to IF i didn't just get this pc. Infamous was the last title of interest to me (that's a sony exclusive) since PC will play the "on every platform" games the best. I also own a xbox one but that's only because of killer instinct. I would unload that asap if it wasn't for that game but since it's an exclusive I have to keep it.

btw - for those wondering if the framerate is locked solid - it's def not. I experienced stutters/changes throughout although not overwhelming, don't think it's locked. For the way this game looks and the scale, it's understandable.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I make this mistake way too much in open world games. I remember I wound up doing the turorial mission for capturing forts in ACIV about 7 hours after I took my first and had already taken about half of them in the game.

Grimløck;104539284 said:
i think that's a pitfall of many open-world games. without concision or structure, it's easy to lose your way, and consequently, your attention to the main narrative.
Funny how that goes. This is the only open world game where I don't fall for that pitfall.

Played for a few hours and digging everything about besides his voice. Very annoying to me. But I usually dont play games like this so its pretty refreshing.

Also curious what the day 1 patch is about though.

Yeah, I honestly cringe a little everytime I hear Troy Baker's attempt to sound like a much younger guy. Sounds too forced and unnatural.
I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

But still, did they HAVE to get Baker in this? Getting so sick of hearing his voice everywhere. Honestly worse than Nolan North ever was...

again - the ps4 is an amazing system and something i would def hold on to IF i didn't just get this pc. Infamous was the last title of interest to me (that's a sony exclusive) since PC will play the "on every platform" games the best. I also own a xbox one but that's only because of killer instinct. I would unload that asap if it wasn't for that game but since it's an exclusive I have to keep it.

btw - for those wondering if the framerate is locked solid - it's def not. I experienced stutters/changes throughout although not overwhelming, don't think it's locked. For the way this game looks and the scale, it's understandable.

Like I said it's your stuff to do with whatever you feel is best for you. PC offers a ton of good stuff. Plus if you are going to sell, now is the time (for return on $$$).

Also the first 2 hours of any Infamous are by far the worst 2 hours to me, so I encourage everyone to at the very least get through some of the main missions until you get more powers at your disposal then go explore. Seriously the further into Infamous you get the better it becomes. I am not trying to convince delt to change his mind, but just a word of advice to others who didn't like how the first two started and find themselves in a similar position with this.

I make this mistake way too much in open world games. I remember I wound up doing the turorial mission for capturing forts in ACIV about 7 hours after I took my first and had already taken about half of them in the game.

This is me to a tee. I feel like I have put the equivalent time it would take to beat ACIV into just blowing up and boarding ships, and for basically nothing lol. I am going to force myself to focus on the main story mission on Second Son and get some nice upgrades before I dive into other stuff.

Top Bottom