• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

MercuryLS

Banned
Also the first 2 hours of any Infamous are by far the worst 2 hours to me, so I encourage everyone to at the very least get through some of the main missions until you get more powers at your disposal then go explore. Seriously the further into Infamous you get the better it becomes. I am not trying to convince delt to change his mind, but just a word of advice to others who didn't like how the first two started and find themselves in a similar position with this.

I couldn't get past the boring bits in the first infamous and i didn't play infamous 2 because of it. Everything about the first game was a turn off, I just couldn't do it. I'm not expecting the same with this one, it looks far more appealing. I wish developers would stop putting boring missions at the beginning of these open world games that basically act as tutorials. We know how to play games, just get to the good stuff off the bat.

Never read the chat. EVER. I was spoiled(I think) on the ending of MGSV:GZ and it was from the chat on the guy doing the 100hr. marathon of the MGS series on Twitch. NEVER READ THE CHAT!

sn00zer

One thing im starting to notice is the art direction is incrediblr. Even though the city is 'realistic' looking, it is insanely colorful, and i love the geometric look of the DUP powers compared to the more vector based style of Delsin's

so after about two hours of gameplay, this game unfortunately met my expectation of amazing graphics but been there done that. Maybe i'm just sick of these type of games now where its checkpoint this, capture that then move on but the gameplay just feels stale. The gfxs on the other hand are even better than I thought - prob one of the nicest looking console games I've seen but I'm bored.

nah - i'm just bored and quite honestly rather play other games or do something else. I just bought a PC and this was the last game I tried before selling the ps4. Looks like this will go on ebay tomorrow.

Your post history leads me to doubt you and wonder if you're lying/full of shit.

Ten days ago, you said that you "literally" put your PS4 on ebay.

Let me guess... no buyers right? heh.

so after about two hours of gameplay, this game unfortunately met my expectation of amazing graphics but been there done that. Maybe i'm just sick of these type of games now where its checkpoint this, capture that then move on but the gameplay just feels stale. The gfxs on the other hand are even better than I thought - prob one of the nicest looking console games I've seen but I'm bored.

If you had made it to the third power you wouldn't be saying that ;).

Your post history leads me to doubt you and wonder if you're lying/full of shit.

ohhh.png

I couldn't get past the boring bits in the first infamous and i didn't play infamous 2 because of it. Everything about the first game was a turn off, I just couldn't do it. I'm not expecting the same with this one, it looks far more appealing. I wish developers would stop putting boring missions at the beginning of these open world games that basically act as tutorials. We know how to play games, just get to the good stuff off the bat.

It's a strange set up in Infamous for sure. Especialy in the first one where you basically have the ability to run, climb, and shoot lighting bolts at the beginning. However, the payoff is there I promise. Midway through the game things always pick up and the powers at your disposal are awesome and you can see the ones to be unlocked dangling in front of you like a carrot on a stick.

Sucker Punch seemed to have addressed this concern more so in Second Son, but there is still a ton of unlocks and upgrades and even entire new power sets to unlock and discover than the ones you start with. To me I like that because it keeps me wondering what's next.

urge26

I gotta admit, I feel this is the first new gen experience I've had with ps4 and Xbox one coming from already owning a high end PC..... Just entering Seattle now, loving this.

For the people with the game, is neon's traversing hard to control? Why is it every time I see someone using, it looks they're struggling to use it correctly.

It's a strange set up in Infamous for sure. Especialy in the first one where you basically have the ability to run, climb, and shoot lighting bolts at the beginning. However, the payoff is there I promise. Midway through the game things always pick up and the powers at your disposal are awesome and you can see the ones to be unlocked dangling in front of you like a carrot on a stick.

Sucker Punch seemed to have addressed this concern more so in Second Son, but there is still a ton of unlocks and upgrades and even entire new power sets to unlock and discover than the ones you start with. To me I like that because it keeps me wondering what's next.
I think of infamous as Mega Man X. Powers is the armor and power sets are the boss powers. In the beginning you hardly have anything, so you got to progress. As you progress you collect blast shards (hearts) and gain more energy. Beating missions (bosses) gains you more powers.

For the people with the game, is neon's traversing hard to control? Why is it every time I see someone using, it looks they're struggling to use it correctly.
The players are just terrible. Infamous tends to have the most straight forward control scheme. It's very easy to play.

Delt31

Why would I lie about this. I've been going back and fourth about waiting for infamous or selling my ps4 before it came out and then came across the slick deals post which allowed me to buy it for less than msrp AND early so I did it. Game came today, was exactly what I thought so now I feel better about my decision. I just put the ps4 and infamous on ebay 5 min ago and someone already emailed me to buy infamous by itself for 200. yes 200. I ended up changing the auction and 200 was the buy price. I will sell the ps4 now by itself.

i appreciate you trying to "figure" this one out but save the time buddy - I'm just giving my feedback/opinion with no agenda.

I think of infamous as Mega Man X. Powers is the armor and power sets are the boss powers. In the beginning you hardly have anything, so you got to progress. As you progress you collect blast shards (hearts) and gain more energy. Beating missions (bosses) gains you more powers.

That's actually a good way to look at it.

Now I am dreaming of a Sucker Punch open world Mega Man.....

What's his PSN name? I think that in the interest of FUD-related matters we should be able to check his activity log and verify whether or not he even played the game (;

In terms of powers. I seriously think Delsin might be a lot more powerful than Cole by the end of this game. Megaman > just Lightning with elemental augmentations.

FiggyCal

Banned
Why would I lie about this. I've been going back and fourth about waiting for infamous or selling my ps4 before it came out and then came across the slick deals post which allowed me to buy it for less than msrp AND early so I did it. Game came today, was exactly what I thought so now I feel better about my decision. I just put the ps4 and infamous on ebay 5 min ago and someone already emailed me to buy infamous by itself for 200. yes 200. I ended up changing the auction and 200 was the buy price. I will sell the ps4 now by itself.

i appreciate you trying to "figure" this one out but save the time buddy - I'm just giving my feedback/opinion with no agenda.

You know what it was? It was probably because you said you put up your PS4 up for sale 10 days ago. The logical assumption would be that you don't have one anymore, or you're lying. Or both.

Okay. So you're not lying now. But you were lying on March 5th when you said you "literally" just put your PS4 on ebay? okay, that explains everything
??

I'm sure it's possible that there's some explanation and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I'll remain skeptical and take anything you say about this game with a massive grain of salt until then. Especially since this was your impression of the game before you supposedly bought it. If the game looked "blah" to you, why go through the trouble of buying an early copy?

Delt31

Okay. So you're not lying now. But you were lying on March 5th when you said you "literally" just put your PS4 on ebay? okay, that explains everything
??

I'm sure it's possible that there's some explanation and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But I'll remain skeptical and take anything you say about this game with a massive grain of salt until then. Especially since this was your impression of the game before you supposedly bought it. If the game looked "blah" to you, why go through the trouble of buying an early copy?

thank you for copying my previous comments on the game b/c it only further validates what my concerns were with it and why I was hesitant to buy it. Again - I'm not saying the game is terrible - it has a lot going for it. It just wasn't for me and for the same reasons I already provided. That's not to say you or anyone else shouldn't play it.

For the non believers - here is the auction and the infamous game I just sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331153997065

Lol i thought it was this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201052777406?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

We bought this PS4 brand new at the local Wal Mart on 12/12/13 for our son's birthday. He played one game on it and then decided he wanted to focus on PC gaming exclusively. The console is in like new condition and works perfectly - no problems have been detected since we bought it. It comes to you in the original box with one controller and all the cables and stuff. With this purchase you also get not one but two games: Battlefield 4, which has been played but is like new, and Infamous Second Son, which is being released on the day this auction closes. We bought it in advance at Game Stop so we'll be picking it up and shipping to you brand new if you are the winner. Shipping is quoted at $17.45 for Priority Mail - if it turns out to be more we'll pay the difference.
But then i read he/she doesn't have infamous yet.

Guess i was close though.

thank you for copying my previous comments on the game b/c it only further validates what my concerns were with it and why I was hesitant to buy it. Again - I'm not saying the game is terrible. It just wasn't for me.

You're still being very elusive about the fact that on March 5th, you made a post that you just put your PS4 on ebay. And here we are 10 days later and you're saying the exact same thing in this thread. You purposely haven't addressed this in any of your replies.

Anyways, I'm done.

You sold Second Son for $200? Fuck!

Which smells of even more bullshit.

k, now I'm done for real.

There's really no reason for us to care what he does with his console and game, guys. He doesn't like it, oh well. Let's move on, please.

For the non believers - here is the auction and the infamous game I just sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331153997065

but you sold your PS4 on the 10th.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103870017&postcount=5378

agreed. I have a 780 (non sli) and it plays super smooth maxed out at 1080p. I only played the X1 version for beta (recently got a PC) and I can tell you it's night a day difference between that and this PC version. SO happy I went PC. In fact, if it wasn't for Killer Instinct I would sell my X1. I already sold PS4 since the PC counterparts run better.

you had infamous more than 5 days ago?

also u say you have a 780 but when you built your pc it was a

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102317786&postcount=6077

just got my new setup (i5 3570 and a gtx 670) and based on bioshock infinite and batman origin maxed out, i'm really impressed. so impressed i'm thinking about selling my ps4 since that was my machine for 1080p 60fps third parties but with this pc, seems like i already have that (and the ps4 might not be the best quality settings where pc seems like i not only get 1080 60 but maxed settings).

just helping others and you with the timeline

Like I said it's your stuff to do with whatever you feel is best for you. PC offers a ton of good stuff. Plus if you are going to sell, now is the time (for return on $$$).

Also the first 2 hours of any Infamous are by far the worst 2 hours to me, so I encourage everyone to at the very least get through some of the main missions until you get more powers at your disposal then go explore. Seriously the further into Infamous you get the better it becomes. I am not trying to convince delt to change his mind, but just a word of advice to others who didn't like how the first two started and find themselves in a similar position with this.

This is me to a tee. I feel like I have put the equivalent time it would take to beat ACIV into just blowing up and boarding ships, and for basically nothing lol. I am going to force myself to focus on the main story mission on Second Son and get some nice upgrades before I dive into other stuff.

Half as long, twice as bright.
My kinda game.

Dinjooh

but you sold your PS4 on the 10th.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103870017&postcount=5378

you had infamous more than 5 days ago?

also u say you have a 780 but when you built your pc it was a

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102317786&postcount=6077

just helping others and you with the timeline

Mjeh, it's just an online forum - let's not do full scale detective on a somewhat trivial matter.

I may or may not have lied about my dong size several times on various forums, it happens.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So yeah more impressions please.

Graphics are awesome. Story, cutscenes, voicing is much better than in 1 and 2. I just got neon and it is reallllly awesome. Not to say I don't like smoke, but the traversal and precise shooting with neon feels a lot better than I thought it would. So far I'm really liking it, the controls are tight and it's pretty easy to hit where you want with the projectiles. Haven't really noticed any slowdown from enemies being on screen or when destruction is going on.

Top Bottom