• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

SSReborn

Urgh. You sound thrilled but I hate that. I had half a year in Uni just about fonts.

Now I can't stop spotting typefaces wherever I go.

My gf is incredibly annoyed whenever I whisper into her ear *You know that bus sign. That shit's gotham black, mhmm*
Lmao

Dinjooh

I'm really lttp here, but would it be possible for me to get a beanie? Please =)

Here you go love!

K62TLYi.jpg

teiresias

Please stop baiting with whatever the power is. Some of us want to be spoiler-free and this isn't the place to do it.

Seriously. I thought OTs were supposed to be spoiler free and there was usually a separate thread for spoiler material. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I-hate-u

I just want to know if the powers are varied enough from each other. Are they just reskinned attacks with different colors, or the dynamic of the moves itself change?

Example, hovering using smoke and neon look exactly the same from the preview screens.

I just want to know if the powers are varied enough from each other. Are they just reskinned attacks with different colors, or the dynamic of the moves itself change?

Example, hovering using smoke and neon look exactly the same from the preview screens.

Well it seems that Smoke and Neon do seem pretty similar. However, this third power is nothing like those two.

It's way more unique in its abilities.

Dinjooh

Well it seems that Smoke and Neon do seem pretty similar. However, this third power is nothing like those two.

It's way more unique in its abilities.

Which just blows my mind even further. I know that people say there were 3 powers in inFamous 2, but really. It was one power with a bit of extra candy. I only ever used Ice launch and then my regular lightning powers. This time we're getting completely independent power sets.

Exciting times.

-griffy-

Banned

Well it's to be expected that each power has some of the same basic move set, such as a hover move, as those are basic parts of your characters maneuverability. But it's also pretty clear that there are already differences between the two known powers based on the gameplay videos. Smoke seems to be more explosive (with shots acting like a shotgun) and melee focused. Neon looks far more precision focused, acting like a sniper rifle at times and allowing time to be slowed to line up shots.

Urgh. You sound thrilled but I hate that. I had half a year in Uni just about fonts.

Now I can't stop spotting typefaces wherever I go.

My gf is incredibly annoyed whenever I whisper into her ear *You know that bus sign. That shit's gotham black, mhmm*

That's freaking hilarious hahahahha

After viewing the spoiler thread, this description ended up being pretty accurate.

ibynlvR4lZ5MPw.gif

Do you have a video link for that ?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I HAVE THE BIGGEST SMILE ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW.

That third power.

Your mind will be blown.

No one here guessed it.

It really is something we use every single day and take for granted.
The third power is love. It's love, isn't it?

Make out with pedestrians for extra energy.

Infamous moves from 30 to 27th spot for all of 2014 from yesterday, at this rate it will reach the top 10 video game items on amazon on launch date .

6x3=18 or 9th place in all of 2014. FYI titanfall is number 6 so infamous is doing really well

Well it's to be expected that each power has some of the same basic move set, such as a hover move, as those are basic parts of your characters maneuverability. But it's also pretty clear that there are already differences between the two known powers based on the gameplay videos. Smoke seems to be more explosive (with shots acting like a shotgun) and melee focused. Neon looks far more precision focused, acting like a sniper rifle at times and allowing time to be slowed to line up shots.

This is exactly right. The smoke grenade will make your enemies cough and incapacitate them letting you either subdue them or execute them.

Meanwhile the Neon grenade throws them up in the air, making it easier to pick them off at their feet (to subdue them) or the head (to execute them).

jett

D-Member
The third power is love. It's love, isn't it?

Make out with pedestrians for extra energy.

Naw man, Delsin takes out a mind-guitar out of thin air and starts blasting enemies with sick riffs. Also, his outfit changes to this:

marty-mcfly.png

THAT'S THE POWER OF LOVE

Theecliff

Banned
As someone who's been keeping up with this thread (very nice OT btw), I agree with the sentiment that we should cool it a bit with all the screens and the teasing in here. It's still nearly a week away from its official launch, so not many people have a hold of the game at all yet
(and I probably won't do until I get a hold of a bloody PS4)
. The game looks freaking gorgeous and all in the screens posted (like seriously one of the best looking games I've ever seen) but I'd rather discover some of these moments and areas on my own. Plus, there's a dedicated thread for people to talk about any sorts of spoilers (even if it might be a minefield of information).

I really don't want to see/read something which will force me to bail on this thread, basically :(

HORRORSHØW

Please stop baiting with whatever the power is. Some of us want to be spoiler-free and this isn't the place to do it.

As someone who's been keeping up with this thread (very nice OT btw), I agree with the sentiment that we should cool it a bit with all the screens and the teasing in here. It's still nearly a week away from its official launch, so not many people have a hold of the game at all yet
(and I probably won't do until I get a hold of a bloody PS4)
. The game looks freaking gorgeous and all in the screens posted (like seriously one of the best looking games I've ever seen) but I'd rather discover some of these moments and areas on my own. Plus, there's a dedicated thread for people to talk about any sorts of spoilers (even if it might be a minefield of information).

I really don't want to see/read something which will force me to bail on this thread, basically :(
sentiments echoed. please take it to the spoiler thread or something. thanks.

Levyne

Banned
Saw a stack of limited edition copies at Walmart. Ask clerk to give me one. Rings it up can't sell. :(

Stupid pos (double meaning!) systems!

If he was nice he'd ring it up as "general merchandise", usually stores have that option. Depends on the clerk if they'd do that, though.

Top Bottom