• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I'm having such a hard time with both this and MGSV, trying to determine whether I should go Digital or not. So far, the only physcal PS4 game I own is Tomb Raider (with BF4, AC4, and Ghosts being PS3 upgrades).

I love having a physical collection, but that digital convenience. I know it's off topic, but could anyone with two PS4s tell me how that works? If I own a digital game, can any account on each PS4 play it or do I have to be signed in?

wotta

One PS4 is your main system, though when you turn on the other it'll sign you out. You need to be signed in on the secondary system to play.

Kingbrave

Its perfect for the type of game it is since you're not using vehicles to get around and there are I believe 4 total islands and each of them feel distinctly different from one another IMO. The draw distance is like nothing I've seen in an open world game. It's amazing.

YOUR NOT HELPING THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havel

Technically, while 5GB is plenty, the visual improvements will not stem from another additional gig (directly) rather better asset management which comes with continual iterations of the original engine and that comes with time.

If and when more RAM is released to the devs, they can use it better for multitude of tasks including better load times or eliminate them completely. At the end of the day, streaming from the HDD will play an even greater role with expanded sizes of assets.

This is true.

But I mean, just thinking about it. An extra 1GB is more than what was available to devs on the PS3 and 360 combined. When I see what Naughty Dog and the other 1st party studios did on less than 512MB...I dunno, that shit just blows my mind.

Okay so I played for a few hours today, it was fun. I streamed it and reading comments as the stream is on was fun but a few people Idk if they did spoiled some shit but I don't know if it's true oh well.

One disappointment I can say is I don't like the sound mix specifically the sound of the powers. The attacks and powers don't have enough bass to them like they sound weak. Even people in the chat were telling to turn up my volume.

Have you seen some of the spoiler footage? Because I don't think you'd still hold that opinion if so.

I'm not sure what spoiler footage you're talking about, but I still don't think it matches up to this.
untitled-1kxu07.gif

Obviously it still looks amazing and it's open world but yeah.

Went to my local Walmart today. They had about 10 copies on the shelf but like most people, was denied at the register. I raised a stink about it, why they would put a product on the shelf that I couldnt buy but I had no luck picking up a copy....

i-Lo

I really wouldn't knock KZSF because their character models do look stunning and they are real time (not just in-engine, which may or may not be the way inF SS portrays their cutscenes):

Knoxcore

KZ may look pretty in gifs but lets be honest, the gameplay was a hot mess. One of the worst shooters I've ever played. Maybe I missed out on the MP, but I had to sell it to make back some money.

viveks86

Do we login with our PSN details?

Uh no. It says register if you are new to paper trail. So fuck that. Not making an account for that.

It's no biggie. Just key in your email and password and you are good to go. It doesn't ask for anything else. You get a confirmation email. Click on it and you are all set. Took me 30 seconds.

It seems that when you tie this to the PSN ID within the game, it does something. What it does, I haven't a clue. I wonder if it's tied to the day 1 update.

For those unhappy with the sound, do you think some of these issues might be addressed with the custom Pulse Elite setting that's supposed to launch with the game?

I doubt they "held back" the vanilla sound to move headsets or something but I haven't seen anything about this sound mode deal other than that it exists.

Gusto

I have 2 PS4's and yeah it kinda sucks now. It's no longer like the PS3 where you can have the same games on 2 systems. Now only 1 PS4 is the main one that has everything you've purchased for everyone to share. The 2nd PS4 can download everything you've previously downloaded but, only the person that purchased it can play it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
For infamous games, when people say it took them about 10 hours to beat a game (for example) then I think of the game actually being about 18-20 ish hours in length since I play through them both on good and evil.

People said The Last of Us, a linear, straight forward 3rd person shooter was a 12 hour game. I beat it in 23 hours.

inFAMOUS, an open world 3rd person shooter with side missions and things to collect? I'll easily get 30 hours or more out of just Good karma alone, and more than likely, another 20 from Evil karma.

The previous inFAMOUS games I beat in about the same. Game length doesn't concern me. If I'm having fun, I'll be taking my sweet time fucking around and doing other things. Even replaying inFAMOUS 2 last week, I'm at 15 hours, and I'm about 3 quarters through the game, and I thought I was going fast!

For those unhappy with the sound, do you think some of these issues might be addressed with the custom Pulse Elite setting that's supposed to launch with the game?

I doubt they "held back" the vanilla sound to move headsets or something but I haven't seen anything about this sound mode deal other than that it exists.

Oh that reminds me, what's the go-to headset (with mic) for the PS4? I bought Turtle Beach PX22's near launch but they were uncomfortable for me and I returned them.

Guys I showed my uncle Infamous tonight and he wasn't too impressed....

Granted, he hates story in games. He wants to get straight to the action.

vooglie

I've seen a bit of footage from the spoiler thread, this game is bonkers. I actually think SP kinda undersold this game a bit too much. It's good they held back a lot of content so people are surprised, but the stuff the held back would convert non-believers for sure. SP made solid games in the past, this is a massive leap for them.

Well... day 10 sales count just as much as day 1 sales :)

Top Bottom