• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I doubt anyone would guess it, but I saw someone complain about those things earlier, so I figured I'd just give a heads up. I actually guessed the 3rd power from watching the IGN live stream, lol.

Holy shit you guessed it?? I've never heard anyone mention it when people were trying to guess other powers.

ViciousDS

Banned
I doubt anyone would guess it, but I saw someone complain about those things earlier, so I figured I'd just give a heads up. I actually guessed the 3rd power from watching the IGN live stream, lol.

I didn't watch the live stream so I guess I got lucky, but man I can't figure out the reference for
the 3rd power it's the damn flying Vikings with those axes and the leader Viking screams a bunch of crap and then yells DIE.

sjay1994

Holy shit you guessed it?? I've never heard anyone mention it when people were trying to guess other powers.

I think it was spoiled for me by accident.. is it
video?

Actually... don't tell me. I want to find out for myself.

Just got to endure for 5 more days

I'm using 5.1 speakers. The "home theater" setting in the options menu seem to make no difference whether I use it or not. It's like, when I do the orbital drop, you'd expect to hear a loud BOOM and thud and possibly make your house shake but even at 45db on my receiver it's quite the opposite. It hinders my enjoyment slightly because it makes everything feel lesser. The ambiance and sounds of the city are alright but the sound effects can be better.

Interesting. Will not hold breath for Pulse awesomesauce then. Thanks!

foxtrot3d

Banned
Depends on the reasons why you had a lukewarm response to the previous InFamous games.

From all these impressions we've been hearing, everything about the game is substantially improved, but at the core it still follows the InFamous formula.

So if you had a problem with characters, story, traversal, visuals, production values, etc...but still enjoyed the core aspects of the game, then I see no reason why you wouldn't pick this up?

Seems to be the best title on the PS4 from hearing the impressions of people that have beat it.

I had fun with the past game and thought they were pretty alright or good, but they just never blew me away or left me wanting more. I guess I'll wait for the reviews to come out before I make a decision, but right now besides the graphics I feel very little draw towards getting the game.

sun-drop

i loved both previous games, so i'm bound to like this oen also.

one thing, esp for infamous 1 ... the game didn't get good until the action got vertical, with the glide powers, and the towers etc .... changed the game completely. a few of my buds bailed out before reaching those parts and i pitty them, cause it was great fun.

That was me, I just don't think it's fair to those people that haven't played it yet, it can give them a hint they didn't want.

DrBo42

Mmhmm.

1621859_10152294467809630_670040489_n.jpg

guys is this game good
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=104587575&postcount=2815

guys is this game good

One guy here said its one of the best games he's ever played.

I've played it myself, it's an amazing game.

Out of everyone who has the game early (which is a lot of people), I've only seen one person not giving this game unhealthy amounts of praise.

So take what you will from that.

Also if you want to see some screens you don't have to look very hard.

Out of everyone who has the game early (which is a lot of people), I've only seen one person not giving this game unhealthy amounts of praise.

I am excited. I haven't cleared an entire weekend only for gaming in quite some time (since PS4 came out?), but this weekend.. it's happening.

Interesting. Will not hold breath for Pulse awesomesauce then. Thanks!

Disregard this. The game has great sound effects, you hear them much better through headphones.. Something is off.... I put the game on remote play(My goodness this game is perfect on remote play) and plugged my headphones and everything sounded great. I could hear the little chain around his wrist moving, the shooting from the DUP guns sounded better and even the neon spark move had a nice zing to it.

The headphones I was using weren't even anything special.

Good to know!

Just 5 more days...

Disregard this. The game has great sound effects, you hear them much better through headphones.. Something is off.... I put the game on remote play(My goodness this game is perfect on remote play) and plugged my headphones and everything sounded great. I could hear the little chain around his wrist moving, the shooting from the DUP guns sounded better and even the neon spark move had a nice zing to it.

The headphones I was using weren't even anything special.

My favorite sound is the chain while using neon, you can hear it snap into a sword shape as you attack

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just got to 100% on good. I'm going to wait until the day one patch (if it's not what we already downloaded) and the Cole DLC + papertrail is able to link to your game before I play evil. I'll probably 100% that too.

Add another guy to the list who got the game early and thinks it's incredible.

One thing in particular that is AWESOME about this game is that remote play does not use the rear touch pad whatsoever. No bullshit trying to figure out what you are pressing since they mapped L2 R2 to the shoulder buttons and R1 L1 are in the corners of the screen. Best game to use remote play yet imo, bravo on Sucker Punch for leaving no stone unturned in making sure this game is perfect.

If anyone has questions I am more than happy to answer them, I am also from Seattle so if anyone wants to know about landmarks, in-jokes, etc I've got you.

One thing in particular that is AWESOME about this game is that remote play does not use the rear touch pad whatsoever. No bullshit trying to figure out what you are pressing since they mapped L2 R2 to the shoulder buttons and R1 L1 are in the corners of the screen. Best game to use remote play yet imo, bravo on Sucker Punch for leaving no stone unturned in making sure this game is perfect.

If anyone has questions I am more than happy to answer them, I am also from Seattle so if anyone wants to know about landmarks, in-jokes, etc I've got you.

Bring on the screenshots!

Loudninja

So how are you enjoying the combat?

Oh! And... is it possible to return to the intro area, where the longhouse is? Or are you confined to Seattle when you get there?

Oh! And... is it possible to return to the intro area, where the longhouse is? Or are you confined to Seattle when you get there?

No that isn't possible.

Also RealityPales I find this quite ironic. 3 years ago before Infamous 2 came out I would watch your UGC beta videos religiously because I was so excited for the game and I wanted to learn as much as I could about it.

Now it's the other way around ;).

So how are you enjoying the combat?

Loving it, but I was also a fan of the first 2 infamous games although I like 2 way more. The best part of the combat
is the relatively aggressive AI that makes you use all of your abilities, you'll have to use the traversal skills a lot and I like that, it makes you feel very powerful.

I'm actually not sure, I haven't tried to go back yet. But I would assume you
can't go back since you have a cutscene where you and Reggie are driving out of there and it wouldn't make a lot of sense to be able to run back. Unless theres some kind of quick travel option.

Yeah, try to hold out from streams too. I got a power spoiled for me as soon as the stream started.

One of the names of a stream spoiled a power for me. It was right in the name. I didn't even watch it! It was in the name! The name! In the name! I didn't even watch! AHHH!

The spoiled power, do not click:
concrete

One of the names of a stream spoiled a power for me. It was right in the name. I didn't even watch it! It was in the name! The name! In the name! I didn't even watch! AHHH!

The spoiled power, do not click:
concrete

Don't feel too bad
It's obvious at the beginning of the game that you will get that power.

Top Bottom