• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

So yeah I just saw a gameplay commercial for Second Son during The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers. Hopefully they also have one during The Walking Dead.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I put $5 to reserve a copy. May as well. My PS4 needs something to play. Hopefully I get a free copy from my store though.

krioto

Don't do it man! There are things in this game that you don't want spoiled and will be so much better if you discover it yourself.

You can do this! :)

ok - i'll hold out. It will be much better in person - I even watched 2 seconds of a stream on the ps4 last night in a moment of weakness, but switched it straight off.

i'm prepared to wait.

Well... day 10 sales count just as much as day 1 sales :)

That's true. I've watched some of the streams and some of the stuff they haven't shown yet
like that 3rd power
are absolutely off the charts awesome. Unless everybody that's played this is totally wrong in their impressions, this game is going to get very good reviews and the hype is going to be very real by Friday. It will easily be the best selling Infamous game ever, the best selling PS4 exclusive to date and most likely the best selling next gen exclusive to date when its all said and done. It will also have very long legs because PS4's aren't going to be widely available for some time and this will become the default must have game with the console, especially given there aren't any major first party exclusives (unless you like baseball) till Q4. Well done to Sucker Punch - they're likely now cemented as one of Sony's top tier studios and Infamous is probably going to become one of their tent pole franchises.

geordiemp

I have 2 PS4's and yeah it kinda sucks now. It's no longer like the PS3 where you can have the same games on 2 systems. Now only 1 PS4 is the main one that has everything you've purchased for everyone to share. The 2nd PS4 can download everything you've previously downloaded but, only the person that purchased it can play it.

I got 2 x Ps4 and have all digital games on both Ps4 and me and my son can play them at the same time....

Here's how

Make Main Ps4 your console and buy the game on this Ps4. My son then plays the game on this Ps4...

I log into the other Ps4 but its not my main console - I can download and play the same digital game and play at the same time...But I have to be logged in to PSN.
Only I can use this Ps4 to play the digital games..

GravyButt

Someone mentioned it earlier and I wanted to touch base on it without spoiling anything. You make a decision in the beginning of the game that really makes you think consciously. After that decision, and as the game goes on you think back to that decision and why you made it.

Personally I feel a connection with the main character. I feel the decision I made ultimately plays a bigger role than the decision I didnt make. Just me personally though, and most games I play iI rarely feel a connection.

I went in to the spoiler thread and saw some of the powers other than the ones we know. I don't think it spoiled the game, cause I still know nothing about the story. However, the powers sound and looked amazing but I do wish I didn't know about them now cause I can only imagine the HOLY SHIT moments when you discover them on your own.

TMC

ok - i'll hold out. It will be much better in person - I even watched 2 seconds of a stream on the ps4 last night in a moment of weakness, but switched it straight off.

i'm prepared to wait.

Yeah, try to hold out from streams too. I got a power spoiled for me as soon as the stream started.

GAF is one of the few places I trust to respect spoiler rules. Well done folks!

Although there was that junior wave that came around and ruined The Dark Knight Rises for a lot of people... luckily I had already seen the film.

its so hard not to jump into the spoiler thread - but I've made it this long, so only 4 more sleeps!

i will still have so many sleeps. not in stock here in canada, and still not buying a ps4 until more games that i am interested in comes out. probably next year? i was thinking maybe i should spoil myself of the powers right now since it'll be a while before i get a ps4 anyway. lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GAF is one of the few places I trust to respect spoiler rules. Well done folks!

Although there was that junior wave that came around and ruined The Dark Knight Rises for a lot of people... luckily I had already seen the film.

This game has had a particularly interesting reaction. Everyone that has played it have said it's best to go in cold just because the stuff we haven't seen in just so damn cool. No one seems to be encouraging looking up spoilers but actively discouraging it.

For those unhappy with the sound, do you think some of these issues might be addressed with the custom Pulse Elite setting that's supposed to launch with the game?

I doubt they "held back" the vanilla sound to move headsets or something but I haven't seen anything about this sound mode deal other than that it exists.

I'm using 5.1 speakers. The "home theater" setting in the options menu seem to make no difference whether I use it or not. It's like, when I do the orbital drop, you'd expect to hear a loud BOOM and thud and possibly make your house shake but even at 45db on my receiver it's quite the opposite. It hinders my enjoyment slightly because it makes everything feel lesser. The ambiance and sounds of the city are alright but the sound effects can be better.

I really wouldn't knock KZSF because their character models do look stunning and they are real time (not just in-engine, which may or may not be the way inF SS portrays their cutscenes):

isn't it obvious that ss does prerendered cutscenes? i get that they're in-engine, but they aren't real time (think more like uncharted, tlou is also pre-rendered and in-engine but the post-processing was ridiculous).

there are totally some real-time footage, but i think for the up-close and personal, emotional cutscenes they're guaranteed to be pre-rendered. there's nothing wrong with that. why bother rendering so much polygon on a face that's 99% of the time facing backwards to the player?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
isn't it obvious that ss does prerendered cutscenes? i get that they're in-engine, but they aren't real time (think more like uncharted, tlou is also pre-rendered and in-engine but the post-processing was ridiculous).

there are totally some real-time footage, but i think for the up-close and personal, emotional cutscenes they're guaranteed to be pre-rendered. there's nothing wrong with that. why bother rendering so much polygon on a face that's 99% of the time facing backwards to the player?

SP said only four of the cutscenes are prerendered.

d9b

Banned
Too much graphics! They should tone it down and bring the game up to 60fps.

j/k . Fuck 60fps when the game looks this good.... can't wait for friday. :p

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I know it's probably not needed nearly as much as in the first 2 games but has the climbing been improved? I always thought it was THE biggest let down of the series: mash button until you get to the top.

0racle

Hey guys!!!

I cant belive this is my first post ...how lame....

Is the "expert" difficulty available from the get go? or do you need to beat the game once to unlock it?

I play on being evil due to inevetable carelessness as I rampage through Seatle. I will play it on an easier mode when playing "good"

THANKS !

I know it's probably not needed nearly as much as in the first 2 games but has the climbing been improved? I always thought it was THE biggest let down of the series: mash button until you get to the top.

Lol climbing?? It's pretty much the same as the first one if i remember correctly, the only benefit here is since you can easily traverse buildings using your powers, climbing is secondary most of the time.

sjay1994

Lol climbing?? It's pretty much the same as the first one if i remember correctly, the only benefit here is since you can easily traverse buildings using your powers, climbing is secondary most of the time.

Honestly... I haven't even seen much of the climbing.

It seems like every building has a vent for smoke, and Neon makes it useless since you can just run up the walls.

ViciousDS

Banned
If we could remove the damn HUD though, hhhnnnggg this shot would be my wallpaper.

Not really a spoiler just a very pretty shot.

EDIT: will add this in here it does have a newer reticule and power HUD due it not being shown before, so if you think that will spoil it for you don't click the link. It doesn't blatantly tell you what it is, but figured I would throw it here since a gaffer brought it up

R3TRODYCE

I want to platinum this but that expert difficulty trophy will probably stop me from doing it. I hope it's not absurdly hard.

Replicant

Someone mentioned it earlier and I wanted to touch base on it without spoiling anything. You make a decision in the beginning of the game that really makes you think consciously. After that decision, and as the game goes on you think back to that decision and why you made it.

Personally I feel a connection with the main character. I feel the decision I made ultimately plays a bigger role than the decision I didnt make. Just me personally though, and most games I play iI rarely feel a connection.

Thanks for this. I better be careful when making that decision when I start the game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Edited my post with your warning bunta to give anyone else a heads up if they are good at guessing stuff.

I doubt anyone would guess it, but I saw someone complain about those things earlier, so I figured I'd just give a heads up. I actually guessed the 3rd power from watching the IGN live stream, lol.

Hey guys!!!

I cant belive this is my first post ...how lame....

Is the "expert" difficulty available from the get go? or do you need to beat the game once to unlock it?

I play on being evil due to inevetable carelessness as I rampage through Seatle. I will play it on an easier mode when playing "good"

THANKS !

It's there from the start.

Top Bottom