• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

cdkee

Banned
The story with a bit of side missions took me about 8-9 hours. There's no way I'm going to 100% it in 10 lol.

Same here. Story with a bit of side stuff 8-9 hours. TBH there isn't really much to do outside of the story other than killing DUP.

21st for retail copy, but it's 18th for digital release over on playstation store. Thus I'm excited for the 18th. Did you try checking out your nearest walmarT?

Wait what? Seriously?

How did I miss this?

Wait what??

If your lying we might end up having some ...

795717.gif

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I played Infamous 1 entirely evil right up until (Infamous 1)
Trish died
and then I converted all the way to good. Felt like a natural evolution!

I intend to play this game fully evil unless something similar happens to "redeem" my character lol.

Heh, that's actually pretty cool. I love getting into role playing like that. It's actually why I enjoy Bioware's Renegade/Paragon system. Since both are tracked separately I can do whatever I like and have the character play out more in line with my personality. I'm always Nice to my crew members and civilians and am a complete ass to mercenaries.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/16/the-drop-new-playstation-releases-for-march-18th-2014/#sf2158366

I ain't lying man, just check out the link. It says 18th for Digi and this friday for retail.
That's just the download, not the unlock date.

daoster

I think this game has highlighted to me the beauty of PlayStation4 and its share button. I spent the morning watching a feed on my PlayStation while i was doing laundry and my hype went thru the roof...i wonder how many people have been sold on this game thanks to early leaks alone...

styl3s

21st for retail copy, but it's 18th for digital release over on playstation store. Thus I'm excited for the 18th. Did you try checking out your nearest walmarT?
MGS is the 18th, Infamous is the 21st.

I don't even think they are doing pre-loads for Infamous.

viveks86

21st for retail copy, but it's 18th for digital release over on playstation store. Thus I'm excited for the 18th.

WHAT? Where does it say this?

Any details on what the 350mb update adds to the game?

No idea. Some people think it's what they already downloaded. Others think it isn't the case, because of some incomplete content in the game they played. So it's all up in the air. There is also Cole's Legacy DLC. Don't know what the size of that is.

reading is key

Sucker Punch’s critically-acclaimed, open-world series continues this coming Friday with inFAMOUS Second Son on PS4
For a complete list of games and demos coming this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

inFAMOUS Second Son
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Coming Friday)

The wording I guess could cause confusion. Since it puts retail as coming friday.

But yeah in the main paragraph it states the game is coming Friday so ....

Maybe if enough people ask they will just open up the game on Tuesday for digital .... that would be awesome. But will never happen ......... maybe ....

Could it? Please? Sony?

tumblr_m00nj1pCMa1r9x0sdo1_250.gif

Dragon

Banned
retailers would probably refuse to sell the physical version of the game..

You mean like Sony refuses to sell digital copies since it was released early to some retailers? C'mon. Retailers would not refuse at all. They probably wouldn't even know if it was decided upon now.

cripterion

The game looks great but you guys think it's worth the asking price? Doesn't seem there's too much to do in there. I would definitely bite in if it was 45dollars range.

Heh, that's actually pretty cool. I love getting into role playing like that. It's actually why I enjoy Bioware's Renegade/Paragon system. Since both are tracked separately I can do whatever I like and have the character play out more in line with my personality. I'm always Nice to my crew members and civilians and am a complete ass to mercenaries.

That's just the download, not the unlock date.

Got it, sorry for the confusion.

Same here. Story with a bit of side stuff 8-9 hours. TBH there isn't really much to do outside of the story other than killing DUP.

Are there blast shards to collect? And if so, have they made them easier to track compared to inFAMOUS 1? I know that they improved on it greatly in inFAMOUS 2, but it was still a chore.

You mean like Sony refuses to sell digital copies since it was released early to some retailers? C'mon. Retailers would not refuse at all. They probably wouldn't even know if it was decided upon now.

were you paying attention to the retailer backlash over Beyonce's new album? pretty sure it would be similar

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Good point, I guess I'll have to research its software library a bit before I pull the trigger.

It has an excellent software library, granted you want a portable gaming console, and not a replacement home console. I think I play my Vita at home less than 1% of the time. I play it on the bus and at work, though, and with that in mind, the many console ports the platform has are a boon, not an albatross. Being able to play something like Terraria on the bus ride to work is fucking awesome.

Anyway, I'm eager to try out remote play on Second Son, as it works incredibly well on the other games I play like Killzone, LEGO Marvel, and ACIV. Very impressive. If anything, I won't play any story stuff through remote play, but just fucking around the city and collecting stuff like blast shards? Yeah, I'll do some remote play stuff.

cdkee

Banned
Are there blast shards to collect? And if so, have they made them easier to track compared to inFAMOUS 1? I know that they improved on it greatly in inFAMOUS 2, but it was still a chore.

Shards are carried by quadcopter things now. If you destroy a certain DUP tracker/blocker thing in an area then they show up on your map.

The game looks great but you guys think it's worth the asking price? Doesn't seem there's too much to do in there. I would definitely bite in if it was 45dollars range.
If you ordered the game when the spend 60 get ten back when the ps store deal was up you could got it for 50.. Personally though it sounds way worth it to me..

Beautiful open world game first next gen one as well. 12 hours will take Me at least a week to get thru.. And anyways 60 isn't much to me anymore

Theecliff

Banned
Me too yesterday!

And tonight I saw them on Film4 all night too! And I genuinely don't watch much TV.

So cool.
Saw a Titanfall ad and an inFamous ad during the same break on Channel 5 just before.

It's kind of weird seeing this game getting pushed so much by Sony. I guess they're finally getting their act together when it comes to marketing.

cripterion

If you ordered the game when the spend 60 get ten back when the ps store deal was up you could got it for 50.. Personally though it sounds way worth it to me..

Beautiful open world game first next gen one as well. 12 hours will take Me at least a week to get thru.. And anyways 60 isn't much to me anymore

I saw this promo on the us psn store, is it still on? I need to buy psn cards through playasia though as I'm not from US.

Just beat the story with a 93% completion, and really enjoyed it. I played good the whole way through, so I'm going to take a break and then play evil in a week or two. I wholeheartedly recommend this game. Each power is very unique and fun, and the city ends up being quote large for a game with no drivable vehicles.

HORRORSHØW

Just beat the story with a 93% completion, and really enjoyed it. I played good the whole way through, so I'm going to take a break and then play evil in a week or two. I wholeheartedly recommend this game. Each power is very unique and fun, and the city ends up being quote large for a game with no drivable vehicles.
sounds good. what was your completion time, for comparison's sake?

Repetitiveness factor? Holy-shit missions? Story good?

What was your assessment of the first 2 games?

Top Bottom