• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just got to 100% on good. I'm going to wait until the day one patch (if it's not what we already downloaded) and the Cole DLC + papertrail is able to link to your game before I play evil. I'll probably 100% that too.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to get 100% good? Can spoiler tag if need be.

It's noontime all the time. I wish it was dynamic at the end :(.

that sounds terrible. The way the TOD in this game looks is amazing to be relegated to just one tod. Why didn't they just make it dynamic?? If anything they could've just sped time up before or after certain missions just like GTA v did.

Loudninja

Loving it, but I was also a fan of the first 2 infamous games although I like 2 way more. The best part of the combat
is the relatively aggressive AI that makes you use all of your abilities, you'll have to use the traversal skills a lot and I like that, it makes you feel very powerful.

I'm actually not sure, I haven't tried to go back yet. But I would assume you
can't go back since you have a cutscene where you and Reggie are driving out of there and it wouldn't make a lot of sense to be able to run back. Unless theres some kind of quick travel option.
Sounds good thanks.

No that isn't possible.

Also RealityPales I find this quite ironic. 3 years ago before Infamous 2 came out I would watch your UGC beta videos religiously because I was so excited for the game and I wanted to learn as much as I could about it.

Now it's the other way around ;).

See? I made a good karma decision then to upload for everyone to see. And now, three years later, you're returning the favor!

That's incredible! :D

3lb32Fb.gif

Luthos

Yeah it sucks, but I don't see why they can't change that or put in the option for it in a patch. That seems easy to fix.

I don't know if it would be easy or hard, but which developers actually care enough to listen to complaints and implement a change like that post-release?

Can Delsin Rowe swim?

He can tread water like a champ! Lol no when you go in the water you have to hit the touchpad to return to the shore.

I don't know if it would be, but which developers actually care enough to listen to complaints and implement a change like that post-release?

It's Sucker Punch, so you never know. They are a great developer who clearly listens to their fans.

sjay1994

He can tread water like a champ! Lol no when you go in the water you have to hit the touchpad to return to the shore.

It's Sucker Punch, so you never know. They are a great developer who clearly listens to their fans.

Except when it comes to beanies. Glad they stuck with it.

Grimløck;104676873 said:
what was your general impression of the game before that mission?
I was still enjoying it very much! But there just wasn't a whole lot of variety in the mission structure or even character interaction. Go here, pew pew shoot some enemies or get something, go to the next one. Smoke and Neon are so much fun to use, though, so I can look past that.

It's a very well put together game.

What mission? Either PM or just spoiler it.
MID-GAME(ISH) SPOILERS SO DON'T READ D:

It's the one where you get the third power(and the one after where you upgrade it). You know what I'm talking about!

I was still enjoying it very much! But there just wasn't a whole lot of variety in the mission structure or even character interaction. Go here, pew pew shoot some enemies or get something, go to the next one. Smoke and Neon are so much fun to use, though, so I can look past that.

It's a very well put together game.

MID-GAME(ISH) SPOILERS SO DON'T READ D:

It's the one where you get the third power(and the one after where you upgrade it). You know what I'm talking about!

HEH. I knew this mission is what you were referring too. This is the highpoint of the game for sure.

I can't wait to see everyone here freaking out about that.

sjay1994

My only fear is that reviewers are going to tear on this game for being "repetitive".

I know I am going to have a lot of fun with it since I loved the first 2 games, but I'd really like to see suckerpunch hit a home run.

Infamous tends to have nothing to do after beating the game.

What I really want from the game is a form of New Game plus. I just want to keep all my shards and power levels. That's it.

darkwing

My only fear is that reviewers are going to tear on this game for being "repetitive".

I know I am going to have a lot of fun with it since I loved the first 2 games, but I'd really like to see suckerpunch hit a home run.

nah, reviewers will docks this for being an inFamous style game

sjay1994

Also, question to people who have played the game. How does the story compare to infamous 1 and 2?

I saw the first 20 minutes and from what I saw, the acting is greatly improved. But how does it all hold up in comparison to the other infamous games as well as other games.

Please refrain from spoilers.

Also, question to people who have played the game. How does the story compare to infamous 1 and 2?

I saw the first 20 minutes and from what I saw, the acting is greatly improved. But how does it all hold up in comparison to the other infamous games as well as other games.

Please refrain from spoilers.

It's amazing. It doesn't feel like an Infamous game. The voice acting and the faces are top notch. The production values are very high and this feels like a very polished game.

The story is awesome but I do have some qualms with it that I won't go into right now.

But I will say that the ending disappointed me. And that's all I'll say about that right now :p.

sjay1994

It's amazing. It doesn't feel like an Infamous game. The voice acting and the faces are top notch. The production values are very high and this feels like a very polished game.

The story is awesome but I do have some qualms with it that I won't go into right now.

But I will say that the ending disappointed me. And that's all I'll say about that right now :p.

Have you seen both endings or just one?

Also, what you said about the story not feeling like infamous is something pretty striking that i noticed from the first 20 minutes. It seems more like the ND style of story telling. They built the reggie delsin relationship very well in those few minutes.

Cubed

Just completed the mission after getting the third power.

Honestly, i'm not as impressed with that power as others seem to be. Maybe when I upgrade it.

Still... enjoying the game a great deal thus far.

Top Bottom