• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Don't read the comment I quoted. Avoid the page.

Fedexpeon.

You didn't.

You fucking didn't.

Really, dude? Really?

Wait, did you? I'm going to take my confusion about whether you spoiled a power or not as excuse to leave. Maybe you're talking about the DUP power. If so, I apologize.

I had the same mini blow out when I read that. I just assumed he was talking about the DUP power and didn't want to risk an "Oops sorry" reply.

shink

3lb32Fb.gif

This gif sells games

DrBo42

Was between missions just going around the city for about an hour and all of a sudden, it started to rain. Sure enough after a few minutes the streets and buildings were wet and soon after small puddles started to form. I had never seen that happen in this game, took me until my 2nd playthrough to see something I never knew was there. Pretty cool.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Any word on when the custom sound settings for the wireless headset will be available? I heard Sucker Punch was doing one for Infamous SS.

Was between missions just going around the city for about an hour and all of a sudden, it started to rain. Sure enough after a few minutes the streets and buildings were wet and soon after small puddles started to form. I had never seen that happen in this game, took me until my 2nd playthrough to see something I never knew was there. Pretty cool.

What.

I never had this happen but I'm so happy it does!!!

marrec

Banned
Alright yep, finally pre-ordered the game. I'm worried it may not be available in stores for the first couple of weeks based on these screenshots.

Loudninja

1.) The main missions all maintain a good amount of variety between them, I was never bored. The side missions however while still fun are pretty typical in regards to infamous, but I would say there are more of them.

2.) There are some fun side missions one type in particular
lets you tag graffiti around the city at specified points. As far as interacting with the city though, there isn't as much there but it is par for the course as far as infamous goes.

3.) I thought it was the perfect amount of difficulty, some missions are very traversal heavy.

4.) The sound is one of the best parts of the game! No story spoilers here but some cool environmental stuff:
Every power has very realistic sound effects and the background music is really great and low key when it needs to be. As far as pedestrians are concerned people have blown it way out of proportion, seeing 15+ people at a time on any given street is not uncommon. And some of the things that people say as you run by are hilarious!

Random chick on the street: "You can smoke me anytime Delsin!"

Delsin: "That is wrong on so many levels."

That one cracked me up along with a few others.
Thanks for the great impressions. :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So the game runs with an unlocked framerate like Killzone SF did at launch (in SP)? I'm really disliking this trend especially when it's clear that the framerate doesn't come close to holding 60 fps.

They should provide a framerate lock for those that value consistency.

So the game runs with an unlocked framerate like Killzone SF did at launch (in SP)? I'm really disliking this trend especially when it's clear that the framerate doesn't come close to holding 60 fps.

60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 30 fps 60 fps 60 fps

frizby

So I just bought SS from the PS store, and one of the deciding factors in me going digital this time around was the spend $60 promotion and get $10 credit back. It occured to me after the purchase that the total price came to $59.99, and the website says I clearly need to have $60.00. What kind of BS is this! Can anyone confirm whether or not a penny is gonna fuck me over here???

A representative from the playstation blog responded "you'll be fine" when asked this very question. So I assume they know what they're talking about and you're eligible but who knows.

Would love a link for this.

Might just buy digital if that actually works out.

EagleEyes

Please don't tell me thats the case again. Killzone: SF was much better with the locked framerate imo and the drops in Tomb Raider annoyed the heck out of me when I played it. :(

stryke

I thought it was a consistent 30? Where have you been reading unlocked?

d9b

Banned

Was there any reports on troubles with frame rate ?
Link please.

Proxy

I thought the game ran at a capped 30 fps?

Put my pre-order in Saturday evening, I wonder if VideoGamesPlus will dispatch the game some time today. I'm importing after all, so it'd be nice if they did.

Twinduct

Ah shit, PS4 arrived this morning!
Now just to wait for MGS & Infamous.

Slightly Off Topic. But man I really can't believe there is like zero pack in of anything for the PS4. Hell even a few demos would have been better than having nothing!

Granted Playroom is there, but without a Camera it's glorified trailer. Thank fuck for PS+ or I would have had nothing until Infamous/ MGS arrives.

HORRORSHØW

Slightly Off Topic. But man I really can't believe there is like zero pack in of anything for the PS4. Hell even a few demos would have been better than having nothing!

Granted Playroom is there, but without a Camera it's glorified trailer. Thank fuck for PS+ or I would have had nothing until Infamous/ MGS arrives.
there's a handful of free-to-play games you can try out. some of them are actually quite fun!

marrec

Banned

Welllll, technically there's a few F2P games like Warframe and DCUO that you can jump into without dropping a dime. Warframe is actually pretty interesting if janky as fuck.

Twinduct

Grimløck;104705481 said:
there's a handful of free-to-play games you can try out. some of them are actually quite fun!

Almost forgot about them, will dabble. Sadly I've played most of them via PC. So hope to get some surprise :p

It's not a big issue for me tbh. I mean from the start I was only going to get a PS4 once Infamous shows up. Small chunk inside of me was hoping for some limited edition consoles.

Just kind of wished local places weren't that strict with release date deliveries. Crazy to think how backwards this place is yet no street date breaking deals or anything!

Welllll, technically there's a few F2P games like Warframe and DCUO that you can jump into without dropping a dime. Warframe is actually pretty interesting if janky as fuck.

Yeah completely forgot about those. Guess I'm just nostalgic to a time where demo discs were a thing :p

DrBo42

I thought it was a consistent 30? Where have you been reading unlocked?

Completed the game, there are definitely moments where the game goes well above 30 fps but they're not very common. One area in particular I believe is 60 until stuff starts happening. Keep in mind this might change with a day 1 patch. On the subject of performance there are also noticeable hitches with loading/LOD while traveling around the city. Riding on top of the monorail is the worst offender due to the speed.

So hard to get action shots on PS4, there's a delay that I can't quite time perfectly.

1173673_10152295199159630_320447808_n.jpg

1236532_10152295203349630_2135709533_n.jpg

1238260_10152295211724630_943459322_n.jpg

1234652_10152295213554630_1157120190_n.jpg

1524596_10152295214719630_474068569_n.jpg

May I ask how you got these shots from your PS4? My facebook uploads are atrocious. Didn't know there was another way to upload them?!

Sorry if that's a super dumb question and I'm just not thinking straight. I'm blaming it on the fact it's a Monday.

Namikaze1

Just a few more days now. Gonna pick up MGS GZ tomorrow. Hopefully, the side ops in that game will keep me busy till Friday. If not, I still got Warframe to go back to.

pre-ordered through the yankee PSN store!

(swindled some 50$ amazon PSN vouchers to get this for the good price of 45€ including the Limited Edition content)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I haven't been able to get a clear answer on this either. I'm curious. Most say it's 30fps, one person said it was unlocked, and one drunk guy thought it was 60.

DrBo42

May I ask how you got these shots from your PS4? My facebook uploads are atrocious. Didn't know there was another way to upload them?!

Sorry if that's a super dumb question and I'm just not thinking straight. I'm blaming it on the fact it's a Monday.

Those are all via share button to facebook. Not doing anything special to them.

sn00zer

There is a weird work around where if you send a picture, via PSN message there is no downgrade in image quality. I think you use this way to email yourself the image and you get no loss in quality.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
pre-ordered through the yankee PSN store!

(swindled some 50$ amazon PSN vouchers to get this for the good price of 45€ including the Limited Edition content)

If you have your main account on UK PSN Store and one account for US store, if you buy a game on the US store account can the UK account play it too on PS4?

Top Bottom