• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

HardRojo

3lb32Fb.gif

I was about to go to bed after reading all the stuff regarding Decapre's reveal for USF4 and man I laughed way too hard at this.

So I just bought SS from the PS store, and one of the deciding factors in me going digital this time around was the spend $60 promotion and get $10 credit back. It occured to me after the purchase that the total price came to $59.99, and the website says I clearly need to have $60.00. What kind of BS is this! Can anyone confirm whether or not a penny is gonna fuck me over here???

Malaussene

Neo Member
So I just bought SS from the PS store, and one of the deciding factors in me going digital this time around was the spend $60 promotion and get $10 credit back. It occured to me after the purchase that the total price came to $59.99, and the website says I clearly need to have $60.00. What kind of BS is this! Can anyone confirm whether or not a penny is gonna fuck me over here???

I guess you got screwed by machine logic where 59,99 and 60 are as much as different as 0 and 999999

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You'll be fine, confirmed countless times in this thread.

A representative from the playstation blog responded "you'll be fine" when asked this very question. So I assume they know what they're talking about and you're eligible but who knows.

hwateber

Was expecting for this to get in tomorrow, but I actually got my cheetah express copy in yesterday! I bought it on thursday night with standard shipping, and it got here on Saturday afternoon. Such fast, wow.

The game is a lot of fun so far and the production values are top notch. My biggest gripe is that I can't aim for shit though which makes shooting down drones difficult

read previous replies.

besides, doesn't it get taxed?

Thats what I thought before I bought it, but alas no tax. Between this and no disc swapping its really hard to want to go retail anymore. Before the biggest determent was HDD space but now everything gets installed regardless. I really hope they stop requiring disc's for retail copies in a future update.

edit. thanks for the replies guys!

DrBo42

Was expecting for this to get in tomorrow, but I actually got my cheetah express copy in yesterday! I bought it on thursday night with standard shipping, and it got here on Saturday afternoon. Such fast, wow.

The game is a lot of fun so far and the production values are top notch. My biggest gripe is that I can't aim for shit though which makes shooting down drones difficult

It's not your aim. The projectile -> reticle travel is a bit odd under a certain distance. Since the power originates from his hand, the angle the projectile heads has to hit a minimum distance (that I can't estimate at the moment) before it hits center on the reticle. You have to learn where the shot will land under that minimum distance from sheer trial and error.

So ummm I just beat the game and the ending was....uh...how do I say this...FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Seriously did you guys play the same game I just did? For anyone who's hype meter hasn't hit the maximum yet let me just say that my favorite studio on the planet is Naughty Dog, but this is my favorite game of all time. It was mature, well written, and an all around masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

Greatness awaits GAF, have fun on Friday!

Beat it on good by the way, and I am immediately starting my evil playthrough.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
would be a nice treat if some
how future cole made some type of appearance. maybe if you chose evil way he teaches you new abilities on how to reek havoc on civilians

watching tiny bits on that stream. damn!!! all....

srSQXnM.gif

Just finished it 100% took me about 22 hours maybe a little more than that. Loved every second of it, definitely the best and my favorite in the series. Time to start an evil playthrough tomorrow. Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch does next and I mean that in general not just with inFamous.

viveks86

So ummm I just beat the game and the ending was....uh...how do I say this...FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Seriously did you guys play the same game I just did? For anyone who's hype meter hasn't hit the maximum yet let me just say that my favorite studio on the planet is Naughty Dog, but this is my favorite game of all time. It was mature, well written, and an all around masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

I'm already maxed out, but great to see this impression! Thanks for sharing!

Just finished it 100% took me about 22 hours maybe a little more than that. Loved every second of it, definitely the best and my favorite in the series. Time to start an evil playthrough tomorrow. Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch does next and I mean that in general not just with inFamous.

22 hours?! Did you do anything else this weekend? :D

You played on normal, right?

iamvin22

Industry Verified

wow!!! :O even more hyped. so better than i2?

cdkee

Banned

Ending spoilers
how about that final boss fight? The smoke, the particles, the pixels. It was truly mind blowing. Although the fight itself was annoying. Unless I was playing wrong.

I'm already maxed out, but great to see this impression! Thanks for sharing!

22 hours?! Did you do anything else this weekend? :D

You played on normal, right?

Not really lol. Just got done midterms so I used this whole weekend to relax on my spring break, I had a good 3 days to finish it. And yeah I played on normal, gonna try expert, but the game is pretty hard on normal already.

hwateber

It's not your aim. The projectile -> reticle travel is a bit odd under a certain distance. Since the power originates from his hand, the angle the projectile heads has to hit a minimum distance (that I can't estimate at the moment) before it hits center on the reticle. You have to learn where the shot will land under that minimum distance from sheer trial and error.

I'm sure I'll get used to it! I'm only 1.5-2 hours into the game anyway. At least it's not as bad as chasing down shanties in AC4, thank god. There's some seriously impressive draw distance in this game, and knowing that you can actually go around leaping from building to building is awesome. I can't get enough of the traversal and I'm still only on smoke powers.

this might have been said already but isn't their supposed to be a first day patch for this? I wonder if I should wait on playing any further until then just in case there's some touch ups or add-ons.. somehow I doubt it though.

tuna_love

Banned

Does it have new game+?

Pop

Sounds fantastic. Thanks for this.

Sorry. Though there aren't any story spoilers. I was just talking about the graphics/visuals.
Haha ok. I'm just scared of being weak and clicking on something Id regret seeing, thats why Ive been avoiding the spoiler thread... carry on. I think I just need to avoid Infamous threads untill next week :)

Top Bottom