• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

CyberChulo

This is the first game that I preordered through the PSN store. Does it download automatically once it gets released or do I still have to manually initiate the download?

EGOMON

This is the first game that I preordered through the PSN store. Does it download automatically once it gets released or do I still have to manually initiate the download?

I think you have to initiate the download, the auto-download feature is for patches/updates but you can start the download remotely from PS Store website from any PC/laptop

So...

We cannot take the beanie off then? There is no option to remove the beanie?

dlBeJIj.png

Is that why?

Nope. Sucker Punch actually stuck to their guns this time and kept the original look of the character instead of catering to some people who don't like it. Good on them.

The only thing that can be customized in the game are the emblems on the back of his denim jacket.

andycapps

Sorry to ask again but:

In the previous games there would be optional missions going on around you that you could join in on if you wanted to. Like somebody could be getting mugged and you could stop and help out for a little bit of XP if you wanted, or just keep on trucking. So there's those "ambient" style missions that just happen if you feel like joining in, or optional ones you can go up to and start if you want a break from the main quest. That's just from what I saw in the first two games, not sure if it'll be the same in this.

Also depending on whether you were playing good or evil the pedestrians would either run away from you or try to talk to you or take your picture. Stuff like that.

In the previous games there would be optional missions going on around you that you could join in on if you wanted to. Like somebody could be getting mugged and you could stop and help out for a little bit of XP if you wanted, or just keep on trucking. So there's those "ambient" style missions that just happen if you feel like joining in, or optional ones you can go up to and start if you want a break from the main quest. That's just from what I saw in the first two games, not sure if it'll be the same in this.

Also depending on whether you were playing good or evil the pedestrians would either run away from you or try to talk to you or take your picture. Stuff like that.

Yep that's why I'm wondering. Loved the ambient style missions. I know some probably don't care for it but it makes it feel natural especially if you are just roaming the city.

Hopefully this is still there...

Violater

Yep that's why I'm wondering. Loved the ambient style missions. I know some probably don't care for it but it makes it feel natural especially if you are just roaming the city.

Hopefully this is still there...
Hold on Zeke I see someone being mugged... smack zap pow....
Ok what were you saying...

One extremely positive thing I forgot to mention is that this game runs like an absolute dream on vita remote play. I did the last few missions playing it on the vita and it ran smooth as butter, best remote play experience I have had so far.

Kssio_Aug

After 50-60 at Knack's score, I really dont give a damn for those reviwers anymore. InFamous SS looks phenomenal, and I'd say that gaffers impressions are pretty good!

Kuldar

One extremely positive thing I forgot to mention is that this game runs like an absolute dream on vita remote play. I did the last few missions playing it on the vita and it ran smooth as butter, best remote play experience I have had so far.
Oh that's a great news.

Can't wait to see what options I will have to blowing apart the enemy. I loved the gameplay element of Infamous 1/2 where they pretty much gave you the tools to take down enemies in as cool a manner as your imagination can think up. Like Tossing one dude in the air with a push back move, then sniping him in the air 3-4 times before he lands. Or putting a sticky bomb to one enemy and throwing him back into the crowd of other enemies. Or creating giant freakin tornados or tossing cars like toys around.

The game did a fantastic job, perhaps the best job of any superhero type game, of really making you feel the impact of each new power acquired. You were given enough time with each new power on its own that you became very well versed in how best to kill with that power, and then the moment you got the next power you could see how you could combo that new power with the previous ones you got so good with. Made for some real fun combos in the later stages of the game.

Thankfully I've really only seen the basic moves. Even on streams.

Ishan

Can someone with the game update with details on
paper trail side missions now that 3 parts are up
in the spoiler thread.

Anyone have any luck at Walmart? Or anyone store for that matter? I picked up GZ yesterday, and I have SS coming from Amazon Friday, but I'm getting antsy, and since I have the day off I might go out hunting for it.

Kssio_Aug

Some SP games worth their prices simply by the experience that they offer in 10-12 hours. Just like The Last of Us. I played the game and finished just once, but imho it was worth much more than Battlefield 4 or almost any MP game Ive ever played. And that case I apply to many games other than TLoU... that includes inFamous 1.

Also, that MP worth thing is very relative. My most durable game was, and still is, Diablo III. I know it does have mp, but its cooperative RPG gameplay os a lot more interesting to me than competitive FPSs.

I may have the double, if not a lot more (since I platinated it) hours at Knack than I have at BF4, both for PS4.

scsa

I honestly expect that from critics. Expecting a lot of "while the visuals are next-gen, the gameplay feels like last-gen" as negative points.

I am expecting the same feedback.
The game looks fun and will deliver its intended experience, regardless of the usual critical barrage.

Just judging from the videos, Cole was myriads cooler than that dude.
Cole's a boring whiny ass character. The two trailers with Delsin alone are more interesting than Cole's entire screentime in both games. And no, I'm not using hyperboles. That was one of the biggest problems with the previous games.

Top Bottom