• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

jkh33

3lb32Fb.gif

Feel that power!

Those are all via share button to facebook. Not doing anything special to them.

Ahh ok. The picture quality looks rather good for facebook uploads! Please add USB support Sony! Some of the screenshots I've grabbed in other games would make awesome desktop screensavers!

Beat this last night. Great game! I'd give it a solid 8.5/10

TBH I was pretty bummed it was so short, I had to have beaten this thing in like 7 hours, I never beat games this quickly, didn't even have it for more than 24 hours. I would have LOVED more side missions that had to do with two other conduits you meet. Also the ending was kind of meh imo, I had the dark ending. Still a very fun and beautiful game and I think Deslin should be in future Infamous games as well because I like his character a lot. He never takes dat beanie off either lol.

Ahh ok. The picture quality looks rather good for facebook uploads! Please add USB support Sony! Some of the screenshots I've grabbed in other games would make awesome desktop screensavers!

The best method for getting images off the PS4 with minimal quality loss is by creating a second PSN account and then sending them to yourself, log in to the PlayStation app on a mobile/tablet and go in to the messages, you can save from there. Has better quality than Facebook/Twitter uploads.

AzerPhire

TBH I was pretty bummed it was so short, I had to have beaten this thing in like 7 hours, I never beat games this quickly, didn't even have it for more than 24 hours. I would have LOVED more side missions that had to do with two other conduits you meet. Also the ending was kind of meh imo, I had the dark ending. Still a very fun and beautiful game and I think Deslin should be in future Infamous games as well because I like his character a lot. He never takes dat beanie off either lol.

Disappointing to hear about the length. That is going to push me to rent it instead of buying now. People complain about full priced MP only games but charging $70 (Canadian) for that short of a single player experience (I know side quests add more but I don't know about their quality or pay off yet) is more worrying to me.

N30RYU

Disappointing to hear about the length. That is going to push me to rent it instead of buying now. People complain about full priced MP only games but charging $70 (Canadian) for that short of a single player experience (I know side quests add more but I don't know about their quality or pay off yet) is more worrying to me.
MP only games are just rentals... sooner or later they will shut down the servers and you will have a beautifull box and nowhere to play it.

Also inFAMOUS is meant to be played being good and bad.

Also you reading spoilers unknowing if they are related to the story or not are proof enought that you aren't that interested in the game, so you must be interested in other kind of game.... maybe mP only games without story.

Betty

Banned
MP only games are just rentals... sooner or later they will shut down the servers and you will have a beautifull box and nowhere to play it.

Not for a long ass time though, and if you really enjoy it, multiplayer games offer the most bang for you buck.

Yeah excellent point and I'll definitely be playing it again going for good karma. I was just having sooooo fun causing havoc and mayhem that I didn't want it to end. I did maybe half of all of the side missions but the story missions are so good I didn't want to stop playing them.

One other thing that slightly annoyed me was
you get your 4th power after beating the final boss, I would of loved to have it before that. You do get to mess around the world even after beating the game with the 4th power but it just didn't seem the same to me for some reason.

.GqueB.

Banned

Also you reading spoilers unknowing if they are related to the story or not are proof enought that you aren't that interested in the game, so you must be interested in other kind of game.... maybe mP only games without story.

Depends on the game I feel. If I had rented Halo games as often as it would've required me to get the same play time I would've spent far more than $60. But yea, the length is definitely making me want to rent. Or at the very least wait until it comes down in price.

Loudninja

Yeah excellent point and I'll definitely be playing it again going for good karma. I was just having sooooo fun causing havoc and mayhem that I didn't want it to end. I did maybe half of all of the side missions but the story missions are so good I didn't want to stop playing them.

One other thing that slightly annoyed me was
you get your 4th power after beating the final boss, I would of loved to have it before that. You do get to mess around the world even after beating the game with the 4th power but it just didn't seem the same to me for some reason.
Sounds good!

Did you 100% the game?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm so tempted to do my evil playthrough before the day one patch / the Cole DLC and papertrail is available. :(

OsirisBlack

Banned

Well
You do get more side missions with at least one of those conduits with the free dlc that drops day 1. The other is probably added with the coles legacy dlc,
there are things that are not live yet that you have missed by playing early.

Got a shipping confirmation from Best Buy! Wonder what the odds of me receiving it early are. They shipped Ground Zeroes Thursday, shows I should have it Wednesday. (Will probably actually show up from USPS tomorrow)

If you have your main account on UK PSN Store and one account for US store, if you buy a game on the US store account can the UK account play it too on PS4?

yup. Just access the store on the USA account, activate the download, skip on back to your regular account.

Did you do everything (i.e. all of the side missions, etc)? Just curious. I'm about 88% on my save file. I stopped playing last night to catch up on some TV but I plan to finish it tonight. I left off after having cleared out all of the districts except for the last one which has some
shards
I can't get to yet but that last district is down to 2%. All of my current powers are maxed out as well.

So having completed just about everything except for the remainder of the story, I've put nearly 15 hours into the game right now over the span of 3 days. Which is in line with my expectations. Considering I plan to jump back in on Friday post patch to do an evil run through, I would have gotten likely 25-30 hours out of the experience.

Well
You do get more side missions with at least one of those conduits with the free dlc that drops day 1. The other is probably added with the coles legacy dlc,
there are things that are not live yet that you have missed by playing early.

Ah nice!! I didn't know that. Is this part of the
Coles story DLC, or is it something else entirely? I got a DLC code for what I think are some Cole missions but it doesn't go live until launch. Would be sweet if two DLC's went live day one

I finished up a couple little things this morning and finally achieved 100%. I would say it took me about 13 to 14 hours. It is just an awesome game, and it makes me want to go play the other two games (which I didn't really give a fair chance to). I will be doing an evil playthrough after the Cole's Legacy DLC goes live on Friday.

Did you do everything (i.e. all of the side missions, etc)? Just curious. I'm about 88% on my save file. I stopped playing last night to catch up on some TV but I plan to finish it tonight. I left off after having cleared out all of the districts except for the last one which has some
shards
I can't get to yet but that last district is down to 2%. All of my current powers are maxed out as well.

So having completed just about everything except for the remainder of the story, I've put nearly 15 hours into the game right now over the span of 3 days. Which is in line with my expectations. Considering I plan to jump back in on Friday post patch to do an evil run through, I would have gotten likely 25-30 hours out of the experience.

I'm right around 70% and I've done a lot of the side missions but still need to complete some and I need to clear our DUP controlled portions of the city as well so I definitely still have work to do on my evil play through for sure. I got totally sucked in to the story missions and that's probably why I was able to beat it as fast as I did. I could not stop playing it lol.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Shame about the length

How do you rent PS4 games?

yup. Just access the store on the USA account, activate the download, skip on back to your regular account.

Thanks man

I'm right around 70% and I've done a lot of the side missions but still need to complete some and I need to clear our DUP controlled portions of the city as well so I definitely still have work to do on my evil play through for sure. I got totally sucked in to the story missions and that's probably why I was able to beat it as fast as I did. I could not stop playing it lol.
There are worst things that can happen to you. :D

I'm too much of a completionist. As much as I want to progress the story, I feel the need to clear out the districts before I do.

Certinty

Pretty much expected it to be quite short. I completed inFamous 2 in one session without even trying to. Unfortunately in the UK there doesn't seem to be any places where I can rent the game on release day so I'll probably just have to buy it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Easily do two playthroughs. First as evil and just say fuck it. Then as good on a harder difficulty. 12-15 hours if you just commit yourself to playing the game seems more than fair to me.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Ah nice!! I didn't know that. Is this part of the
Coles story DLC, or is it something else entirely? I got a DLC code for what I think are some Cole missions but it doesn't go live until launch. Would be sweet if two DLC's went live day one

You need to link your game to the
Infamouspapertrail site to finish a certain side mission with a conduit.
not sure about the other content but Cole's legacy is a logical choice.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Ah shit, PS4 arrived this morning!
Now just to wait for MGS & Infamous.

Slightly Off Topic. But man I really can't believe there is like zero pack in of anything for the PS4. Hell even a few demos would have been better than having nothing!

Granted Playroom is there, but without a Camera it's glorified trailer. Thank fuck for PS+ or I would have had nothing until Infamous/ MGS arrives.

off topic:
if you have PS+ go download outlast and resogun NOW! before they are removed. oh also welcome to PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So the game runs with an unlocked framerate like Killzone SF did at launch (in SP)? I'm really disliking this trend especially when it's clear that the framerate doesn't come close to holding 60 fps.

They should provide a framerate lock for those that value consistency.

Don't worry. On Vita remote play the game is locked at 30. Vita wins again.

Not for a long ass time though, and if you really enjoy it, multiplayer games offer the most bang for you buck.
I find RPGs like Skyrim and Fallout hit the perfect note, a conclusion I reached after discussing this whilst playing Titanfall with my housemates. They argued that MP games and FIFA are best for your money because they last the longest whereas I found The Last of Us to be more worth the £40 than any MP game I'd ever bought.

You get a lot out of them but it's purely repetition of maps, guns and modes until you eventually fork out another £40 for the 'premium map packs'.

They disagreed, of course and I basically concluded that Skyrim, a game many can play for 100s of hours in many different playthroughs ended out being the best value. It's less meaningful and engaging that The Last of Us and less competitive than MP games but it still has a story and purpose but has the same addictive nature of MP games.

Still, inFamous being about 10 hours to finish means 20 hours on both powers (plus, I can imagine doing a 'what I would do' playthrough as well as good and evil - so 30 for me)

Top Bottom