• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Timu

How does it function exactly? I really need to capture some minimal compression screen grabs.
It's very easy, after you install the capture card in your PC, you connect the hdmi cables from your PS4 to the capture card(or a hdmi splitter/switcher if you have one)and use a Avermedia program(or a different one) on your PC and play the game like normal from there.

DirtyLarry

Hype is a flat circle.

qMf57Bq.jpg
That is perfect!!

I feel I need to build on my "have not been this hyped since Half Life Fucking 2" comment since I now realize how serious it can be perceived thanks to Rust's presence.

I am in the camp that loved the first Infamous games. While they were not perfect by any means, I thought they did a fantastic job of combining two things that had a profound impact on my life. Video games and comic books / superheroes.

And while I have always been in the camp that graphics do not make the game, I am also the first to say that they damn well do enhance it.

So the amazing visuals combined with just being a bad ass "superhero" have me super psyched to play this game as they both represent a culmination of two things that I hold near and dear.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This is according to BlimBlim who happens to be one of the only other people I trust when it comes to judging framerate so I suspect it is quite true.

We can only hope they are willing to add a limiter to the game like Killzone.

I'm pretty sure it's unlocked. I felt it came close to 60fps at times.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is according to BlimBlim who happens to be one of the only other people I trust when it comes to judging framerate so I suspect it is quite true.

We can only hope they are willing to add a limiter to the game like Killzone.

Ah, OK. I seem to have less of an issue with unlocked framerates in third person games so it probably won't bother me.

A question for those with the game and who have progressed to late game or have beaten it. Where the hell is the wall of gum? Not a Seattle native but I remember the devs showing it off and I wanted to "visit" during my playthrough and I can't for the life of me find it! lol.

It's a wall in the Pike Place Market that people have stuck gum to over the years and it has never been removed. It's pretty gross.

If the game is an accurate representation of Seattle, you could find it by going to the main entrance of the market (Pike and 1st) and go down the stairs to the left of the market, it will turn to the left and you're there.

-griffy-

Banned
“To realize that all your hype, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing It was all the same dream. A dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a gamer.”

And like a lot of dreams, there's a release date at the end of it.

Little better comparison:

infamous-2.jpg

13225415184_d3903879e8_o.png

Yeah I don't think you can get much better leap then that. And this is their first attempt with this system. Really is impressive. Truly impressive.

Massive leap. My mind simply cannot comprehend what Naughty Dog will be able to do with this system.

def sim

the past two infamous games had unlocked frame rate

this will too imo

Not quite 60 isn't a framerate I'd like to play in and is kind of a bummer trend. I'm hoping Guerilla adding an option to lock becomes the norm, going forward, if they insist on doing unlocked.

Anyway, I just checked my local mom and pop and they said Wednesday at the earliest. I'll wait for digital if that's the case. :(

Jesb

No. Upgrades are related to
the collection of blast shards. Doing side missions and taking out DUP checkpoints help to unlock a district showdown mission. Completing those unlocks different designs for the back of Delsin's jacket.

Spoilers for those people that don't want to know anything about the leveling system and side missions.

That's good at least. Thanks for the info.

A mark of a great game to me is that once you beat it, you want to immediately return to it. That's how I am feeling right now, I have an itch to play this, but I figured I gave up my whole weekend for it time to be a productive member of society for a few hours before diving in again tonight.

It's a wall in the Pike Place Market that people have stuck gum to over the years and it has never been removed. It's pretty gross.

If the game is an accurate representation of Seattle, you could find it by going to the main entrance of the market (Pike and 1st) and go down the stairs to the left of the market, it will turn to the left and you're there.
Excellent. I'll have to do a little tourism trip tonight before I finish the game off. Appreciate it, thanks!

EDIT: Just checked for real world shots of the Pike Place market. Ha! I was literally standing on top of the Public Market Center sign in the game Downtown. I know exactly where to look now.

A mark of a great game to me is that once you beat it, you want to immediately return to it. That's how I am feeling right now, I have an itch to play this, but I figured I gave up my whole weekend for it time to be a productive member of society for a few hours before diving in again tonight.

Exactly! I just posted this a page back:

Shadow2222 said:
Every time I see this thread, I get excited all over again, even though I've already completed the game 100% on good! I haven't felt this way for a game in a while, and I'm really itching to get home and wreak havoc as an evil Conduit :)

i-Lo

Two question pertaining to environment:
  • Is there any type of wind and/or physics simulation with the foliage (incl. trees)?
  • Is the day night cycle akin to what's found AC

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Two question pertaining to environment:
  • Is there any type of wind and/or physics simulation with the foliage (incl. trees)?
  • Is the day night cycle akin to what's found AC

No day/night cycle. 8 different times of day/weather types based on last completed story mission. Don't know about wind or foliage.

5amshift

Banned
Glad to know the disc is pressed with the Limited Edition text as well as the insert, thought it was just only the foil cover and text that told it apart from other copies.

alterno69

Banned
I had 0 hype for this game not being a fan of the original, i never gave the second one a chance either, but seeing the screens that have pop up here the last couple of days have made me really want to get it asap, good thing i have a friend who works for SCEA who is sending me a free copy this week :D

Squalor

Really. There were a few people streaming the game all Saturday and Sunday who didn't get banned
His problem was that too many people were watching.

A few people got banned on Twitch this weekend. The ones who didn't had significantly smaller audiences than 300.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
His problem was that too many people were watching.

A few people got banned on Twitch this weekend. The ones who didn't had significantly smaller audiences than 300.
The guy I was watching had 522 viewers and he was the top twich broadcaster on ps4.

Really. There were a few people streaming the game all Saturday and Sunday who didn't get banned

Yeah. I didn't get banned the past two nights I was streaming. Lucky I guess. Maybe twitch or Sony can just put out something that restricts certain games to even have the ability to stream using the system till the release date.

Squalor

The guy I was watching had 522 viewers and he was the top twich broadcaster on ps4.
Oh, the only guys I saw on there who didn't get banned were sub-100 for total viewers.

Also, maybe your guy didn't have any douches in his stream. In one stream I saw, in particular, a guy showed up and bragged about reporting the streamer. The stream ended not too long afterward.

Ishan

how many gaf reviews have been posted? I saw one ... but i havent been following this thread as closely as the spoiler one.

Interesting article from Forbes that offers some insight into how mainstream media views the approaching launch of Infamous. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/17/sony-should-be-rolling-out-more-red-carpet-for-ps4s-infamous-second-son

Here's a small excerpt:
The biggest exclusive to date for the PS4 comes out in four days, just two weeks after the release of Titanfall on Xbox One. But if you didn’t know that, you may not be alone.

The promotion surrounding the release of Infamous: Second Son has been surprisingly muted leading up to this point. While Titanfall has had Microsoft MSFT +1.29% practically blowing angelic trumpets announcing its arrival, Infamous hasn’t received quite the same treatment from Sony.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oh, the only guys I saw on there who didn't get banned were sub-100 for total viewers.
That sucks. I was able to see both good and bad endings from start to finish on Saturday and Sunday. Even people in the chat said they would be banned but the streamers didn't get banned that weekend. Now maybe I don't know.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Interesting article from Forbes that offers some insight into how mainstream media views the approaching launch of Infamous http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/17/sony-should-be-rolling-out-more-red-carpet-for-ps4s-infamous-second-son

Here's a small excerpt:

Sony's been marketing it more than any other game they've released in years, with the exception of TLoU. The difference is that the long term success of the console doesn't ride on the success of a single game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Exactly how I feel. Going to wait until the official release to do my evil playthrough, though.

Defunkled

Quick trophy-related question for other who also got the game early.

What building do I have to Comet Drop off of in order to get the "Drop Everything" trophy? You need to drop for 175 meters.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. It's cumulative and not in one go.

Squalor

Microsoft has always outspent Sony when it came to marketing its big games.

Still, I have seen a steady stream of Infamous: Second Son commercials over the last couple of weeks. Forbes has always seemed to me to favor Microsoft over Sony and Nintendo.

I find it weird I have seen so many PlayStation 4 spots that feature Destiny, a multi-platform game that releases in six months, instead of Second Son.

Top Bottom