• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Loudninja

What do you mean it's false?
The game has being getting a ton of marketing.

Several TV ads,trailers,press tours,live streams and events.

In the UK:
The upcoming super hero title is Sony’s first big PlayStation 4 game of 2014, and the publisher is putting a lot of money behind promoting the game. Second Son will see a multi-million pound TV and video on demand campaign, as well as a month-long cinema push.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/infamous-second-son-pre-orders-higher-than-last-of-us/0129226

What do you mean it's false?

Because Sony has been marketing the hell out of inFamous. There was a thread just a few days ago from someone that mentioned how surprised he was to see how much they're pushing it. What that writer is confusing is the amount of coverage that mainstream sites are giving it in comparison to Titanfall. There's nothing that Sony can actually do about that.

The biggest disappointment of the game are the side missions, gameplay wise it's great, story wise it's good, fun factor wise it's an absolute blast, graphics wise I mean what can I really say people have seen evidence of that. This should be the highest rated inFamous game, not sure what the others got, but this game trumps both of those.

Lingitiz

Because Sony has been marketing the hell out of inFamous. There was a thread just a few days ago from someone that mentioned how surprised he was to see how much they're pushing it.
Wasn't there a press release stating they had more preorders for this than The Last of Us?

Kuldar

The biggest disappointment of the game are the side missions, gameplay wise it's great, story wise it's good, fun factor wise it's an absolute blast, graphics wise I mean what can I really say people have seen evidence of that. This should be the highest rated inFamous game, not sure what the others got, but this game trumps both of those.
inFAMOUS metacritic score is 85 and inFAMOUS 2 metacritic scrore is 83.

Loudninja

Because Sony has been marketing the hell out of inFamous. There was a thread just a few days ago from someone that mentioned how surprised he was to see how much they're pushing it. What that writer is confusing is the amount of coverage that mainstream sites are giving it in comparison to Titanfall. There's nothing that Sony can actually do about that.
Yeah that is right.

Guymelef

Can you do a day to day street comparison

At night.
Festival of Blood.
2014031720455305ki9.png
Second Son.

EGOMON

Servbot24

Banned
I'm expecting a lot of 8s and 9s. People are definitely going to pick on the repetitive missions, as they should, but hopefully they give plenty of credit to everything else.

For those who have played it, would you call it the best of the series? Graphics aside.

Sony's been marketing it more than any other game they've released in years, with the exception of TLoU. The difference is that the long term success of the console doesn't ride on the success of a single game.

Thats because sony knows most who own a ps4 will buy the game and most fans of previous games will finally buy the system if they have not

Yeah, I personally agree that Sony's done much better with Second Son than most of its other exclusives. I also don't expect it to compete with Microsoft's advertising of Titanfall; Microsoft has a much bigger budget for advertising, and Titanfall is also absolutely crucial for the system (this is a fact that the Forbes article also identifies).

The biggest difference is definitely how the press has responded to Infamous as compared to Titanfall. One reason (as the Forbes author also points out) comes down to Sucker Punch not wanting to show off too much of the game in order to preserve surprises. I'm personally pleased with Sucker Punch's decision, but I do think it's muted the press' excitement thus far. Buzz from press is a major component of building hype before launch. Of course, all of that will be forgotten/forgiven if the game reviews really well. I do agree though that there's far less buzz heading into this compared to Titanfall. As would be expected.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I don't think it is by reading the wording of it, haven't done it myself though. Try this:

climb the space needle and do it from there

Does it work from the point they stop you at? I can't climb any higher than the red and yellow caution lines or whatever. :(

Anyone with the game sometimes have this issue? Not really a spoiler, more a mechanics thing, but I'll be careful anyway.

Sometimes Delson isn't able to drain powers from certain sources. Like I stand right next to them and the drain prompt doesn't come up with means I can't switch powers.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Anyone with the game sometimes have this issue? Not really a spoiler, more a mechanics thing, but I'll be careful anyway.

Sometimes Delson isn't able to drain powers from certain sources. Like I stand right next to them and the drain prompt doesn't come up with means I can't switch powers.

I haven't had that happen to me.

Does it work from the point they stop you at? I can't climb any higher than the red and yellow caution lines or whatever. :(

That's as high as you can go

It won't let me get to the top. I even tried to drop off the top of Augustine's massive tower.

Warning: Power Spoiler

how about using the concrete L1 ability to lift your self up three times and then comet drop off the tower

Hystzen

I hated infamous 1 felt like a bad third person shooter with a superhero skin

I enjoyed infamous 2 but still felt it not tapped potential that is there.

So people who got it would I like second son, I'm hyped for it some reason just hoping not let down

Defunkled

That's as high as you can go

how about using the concrete L1 ability to lift your self up three times and then comet drop off the tower

Good idea, but you need Smoke and Video to get to the very top of the tower but there are no enemies to drain Concrete from when you get there.

Top Bottom