• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Duxxy3

Someone just posted uncompressed shots from a capture card in the Next Gen screenshot thread.

To which I say:
KWaXzl5.gif

Jaw... meet floor.

My dear lord that looks incredible.

Finally finished Infamous 2 last night in preparation for this (I only got a PS3 last year, and picked up the Infamous Collection not long afterward). Fun game and it's got me really excited to try this out this weekend.

dstarMDA

I like that game. A lot.

I'm sick of the broken capture clip feature, why in hell would I want to record the first 12 minutes of the game when I am two hours deep ? Let me share my smoke swag.

I tried to buy this off the playstation online store but for some reason its not letting me buy it. Gives me an error to try again later.

Edit: try to preorder it to get the extra DLC

In looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the first infamous. The second game was good, but I never got into it as much as the first for wherever reason. I'm looking forward to second son though. I usually go good guy first and I'm careful to control my powers, but I'm thinking of just going balls to the wall with this one. Why release it on Friday though?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I had a chat with Nate Fox a couple weeks ago. It was at the inFamous event in Shoreditch (which was fantastic, pic of swag collected below). I mentioned that I'm a bit of an amateur games writer and he introduced me to a Sony rep who's hooking me up with a review copy some time this week. Stoked.

xEaaCZj.jpg

Every time I see this thread, I get excited all over again, even though I've already completed the game 100% on good! I haven't felt this way for a game in a while, and I'm really itching to get home and wreak havoc as an evil Conduit :)

I think what sets this game apart, and why I like it so much compared to 1 and 2, is the setting. It feels much more grounded, which is how I like my superhero games. I like to be "special" in a relatively normal world. I didn't like the somewhat destroyed setting of 1, or the "Beast" in 2. Plus, Delsin and his brother are much more likeable than Cole and Zeke.

badb0y

Graphically the game has surpassed my expectations. Some of the shots in this thread are fucking amazing. Damn.

Obligatory: Next-gen is here.

Little better comparison:

infamous-2.jpg

13225415184_d3903879e8_o.png
I'm going to save this post for whenever I feel that there has been a small generation leap, Assassin's Creed and it's ilk really did make me feel like that at launch.

Plus Killzone 2 and 3 look gorgeous so Shadow Fall, despite being visually incredible, never blew me away too much.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
yes and then you remember its ubisoft :) ... but next gta and other sony 1st party offerings ... Will be INSANE.

I'm going to explode when we see Uncharted.

Just want to say...this has to be one of the best OTs I've been a part of since joining gaf. So hyped.

Can't. Wait.

I agree. This has been a fun one. Very positive and just plain excited. This is why we need next gen to really kick in again. Many have gotten jaded after such a long gen. We really need to have our socks blown off again.

VanWinkle

I can't get over that I2->I:SS comparison shot up above. It's just remarkable. I think we all (myself included) can sometimes feel a little let down overall by what we've seen this gen in that it's definitely a step up, particularly in resolution and image quality, but it just doesn't feel like a full generation leap like earlier gens did.

THIS comparison, right there, makes me so happy. It is even moreso an amazing example considering I2 was a good looking game! AND pretty late into the PS3 generation.

DieH@rd

Banned
Now that's a next gen leap. Fucking beautiful.

Here is the same comparison, but with Infamous 2 directfeed shot blown up to 1080p [game engine/ps3 scaler/hdtv scaler can surely do better job than my image editor, also possibly my editor has actually smoothened out some image problems with this pic]

infamous-2clj80.png

13225415184_d3903879e8_o.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't get over that I2->I:SS comparison shot up above. It's just remarkable. I think we all (myself included) can sometimes feel a little let down overall by what we've seen this gen in that it's definitely a step up, particularly in resolution and image quality, but it just doesn't feel like a full generation leap like earlier gens did.

THIS comparison, right there, makes me so happy. It is even moreso an amazing example considering I2 was a good looking game! AND pretty late into the PS3 generation.
I've been saying it for a long time. A lot of people are very much underestimating what these machines can do if they're just basing capabilities off of cross gen games and launch titles.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I haven't been able to get a clear answer on this either. I'm curious. Most say it's 30fps, one person said it was unlocked, and one drunk guy thought it was 60.
I thought it was a consistent 30? Where have you been reading unlocked?
This is according to BlimBlim who happens to be one of the only other people I trust when it comes to judging framerate so I suspect it is quite true.

We can only hope they are willing to add a limiter to the game like Killzone.

That's too bad, figured this would improve. Did they tie upgrades to completing side missions again?

No. Upgrades are related to
the collection of blast shards. Doing side missions and taking out DUP checkpoints help to unlock a district showdown mission. Completing those unlocks different designs for the back of Delsin's jacket.

Spoilers for those people that don't want to know anything about the leveling system and side missions.

A question for those with the game and who have progressed to late game or have beaten it. Where the hell is the wall of gum? Not a Seattle native but I remember the devs showing it off and I wanted to "visit" during my playthrough and I can't for the life of me find it! lol.

Top Bottom