• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I don't think it is, I just checked.

Yeah it's not I just checked too.

Edit: wait what maybe it is?! I wonder why my PS4 isn't detecting that there's a patch for download.

Here you go:

7re7MVy.jpg

is there a dlc code inside the game for coles legacy?

No there's no code, only an inlet with control scheme and info about infamous paper trials with the website.

The patch I'm downloading says it has Cole's Legacy pre-order content

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
As soon as the game finished installing, the patch popped up and started being downloaded.

Size is 333MB

Update info says paper trail free bonus missions, Coles legacy pre order missions and content, other bug fixes.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the day one patch, my update history says the same and I only downloaded a patch on Saturday.

FeiRR

Banned
Pretty sure it isn't the day one patch, my update history says the same and I only downloaded a patch on Saturday.

If he's from Saudi Arabia, he's EMEA territory so his patch may be different in size as it probably contains data for numerous languages.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the day one patch, my update history says the same and I only downloaded a patch on Saturday.

If he's from Saudi Arabia, he's EMEA territory so his patch may be different in size as it probably contains data for numerous languages.

Brian Fleming also said that the patch will be around 350MB in size during the preview event of ISS in Rome...

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ut-350-mb-well-worth-the-time-to-download-it/

As soon as the game finished installing, the patch popped up and started being downloaded.

Size is 333MB

Update info says paper trail free bonus missions, Coles legacy pre order missions and content, other bug fixes.

That's definitely what it is. American copies of Second Son have a voucher for Coles Legacy.

Coles Legacy better be a voucher in the package or something, since in Australia it's only in the collectors edition. I wouldn't have paid extra for the SE otherwise. I didn't receive a code when I preordered...

I wasn't very excited for this game, but seeing all the screenshots and hearing the good impressions have me pretty hyped now. It looks fucking beautiful, and the gameplay sounds like it's really fluid and fun. I just hope the mission structure/variety is good.

ref

Cannot wait for this game. Uncompressed screenshots look insane.

Also, don't suppose ol' Hyrb here could get a beanie, could he? Would be appreciated if anyone wants to do it, lol.

FeiRR

Banned
So the embargo lifts on the 20th. a day before release.
;(

Are you really so much concerned about reviews? Look at this thread. Lots of fellow GAFfers say they're enjoying this game. I could care less about some paid journos who play everything on easy.

Could I trouble anyone for a beanie avatar? I'd really appreciate one.
If you could throw beanies on the cats in my avatar too that'd be super cool but I don't want to push it :)

They can't even play this game right.

When I watched preview videos I was so worried about how hard it would be to control neon dash up a building, the people playing were all over the place, but after playing the game I can tell you it's so damn easy. I can run straight up the space needle with ease.

Yeah, I personally agree that Sony's done much better with Second Son than most of its other exclusives. I also don't expect it to compete with Microsoft's advertising of Titanfall; Microsoft has a much bigger budget for advertising, and Titanfall is also absolutely crucial for the system (this is a fact that the Forbes article also identifies).

The biggest difference is definitely how the press has responded to Infamous as compared to Titanfall. One reason (as the Forbes author also points out) comes down to Sucker Punch not wanting to show off too much of the game in order to preserve surprises. I'm personally pleased with Sucker Punch's decision, but I do think it's muted the press' excitement thus far. Buzz from press is a major component of building hype before launch. Of course, all of that will be forgotten/forgiven if the game reviews really well. I do agree though that there's far less buzz heading into this compared to Titanfall. As would be expected.
sessler's review: "it's got excitement. scaling the walls all while shooting down grunts is the most satisfying thing there is. movement and agility is god-tier, jumping from one building to the next makes you feel like a superhero in this intricate fantasy world the devs have built. graphics are no small technological feat. the excitement shoots up when you get a chance to pilot one of the mechs. so, moving on to infamous..."

Alright. I'm super convinced that
Paper
is a power.

In the Paper Trail mission you chase a PAPER conduit. Also I notice that in the environment, whenever you shoot a trashcan, dumpster, or newstand etc. they all shoot a ton of paper out. An abnormal amount. So I'm thinking you steal the Paper conduits powers in the paper trail missions and you use the paper in the environment to drain from. To further my evidence, one of the "good" graffitis you do is a picture of a paper airplane.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When I watched preview videos I was so worried about how hard it would be to control neon dash up a building, the people playing were all over the place, but after playing the game I can tell you it's so damn easy. I can run straight up the space needle with ease.

About that. I've been wondering. Doesn't that make it less satisfying to reach certain areas? I mean doesn't that pretty much completely kill the platforming aspect?

jayu26

So the embargo lifts on the 20th. a day before release.
;(

TitanFall's embargo was up the day before. Shit, GTA V's embargo was up the day before. As long as gaming sites get a review copy in timely manner, day on which embargo lifts does not have any bearing on scores.

Dinjooh

TitanFall's embargo was up the day before. Shit, GTA V's embargo was up the day before. As long as gaming sites get a review copy in timely manner, day on which embargo lifts does not have any bearing on scores.

Yea, seems like it's becoming the norm, and less about if the publisher deems the game good or bad.

Are you really so much concerned about reviews? Look at this thread. Lots of fellow GAFfers say they're enjoying this game. I could care less about some paid journos who play everything on easy.
wow what an insult. they play on normal
with all powers unlocked and god mode on.

Winternet

Banned
of course im concerned. look what happend with infamous 2. amazing game, mediocre reviews.

I hope you're right.

About that. I've been wondering. Doesn't that make it less satisfying to reach certain areas? I mean doesn't that pretty much completely kill the platforming aspect?

Never really liked the platforming in inFamous games in the first place, but there is a good amount of it when you start off, after getting Neon I don't think I really climbed up buildings the traditional way, but you still jump from building to building. You lose the satisfaction of climbing, but you gain the satisfaction in how awesome it is to use the abilities to traverse the city.

It does kill the platforming, but trust me you won't miss it. The powers are so much fun to use and that neon dash is amazing for getting up buildings and structures.

tw1164

I thought the game was getting release tomorrow (Tuesday). Man, was I bummed when I released they're releasing on Friday.

rc6886

Unconfirmed Member
Alright. I'm super convinced that
Paper
is a power.

In the Paper Trail mission you chase a PAPER conduit. Also I notice that in the environment, whenever you shoot a trashcan, dumpster, or newstand etc. they all shoot a ton of paper out. An abnormal amount. So I'm thinking you steal the Paper conduits powers in the paper trail missions and you use the paper in the environment to drain from.

Now that you mention that I remember in the E3 gameplay vid at the end before he does the orbital drop, he shot one of those "things" and a lot of "that stuff" came out.

I thought it was just for graphical effects but I guess it's starting to make sense.

Can you actually catch the guy/girl or is he/she moving too fast or something?

Top Bottom