• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Now that you mention that I remember in the E3 gameplay vid at the end before he does the orbital drop, he shot one of those "things" and a lot of "that stuff" came out.

I thought it was just for graphical effects but I guess it's starting to make sense.

Can you actually catch the guy/girl or is he/she moving too fast or something?

She's moving too fast. There's at least three parts to the mission though, that's only the first part. The problem is no one can access the other parts. It won't let you connect to the server yet.

emalord

Mediocre? Its metacriric score is 83. A lot of publishers would love this kind of mediocre score for their games.

IMHO this game will have a Metacritic of 86/88. NextGen graphics and sound, but a somehow repetitive gameplay.
I would be fine with it, there will be room for improvement for Infamous: Third Son

Vidpixel

I've only played the game for a handful of hours, but to reiterate what everyone has been saying in this thread, the game is absolutely gorgeous, indeed.

I will say that I found the pacing at the beginning of the game to be a little choppy, and I do wish the powers (that I've used thus far) had a little more "umph" to them, but I still am enjoying the game immensely so far.

Jigolo

Alright. I'm super convinced that
Paper
is a power.

In the Paper Trail mission you chase a PAPER conduit. Also I notice that in the environment, whenever you shoot a trashcan, dumpster, or newstand etc. they all shoot a ton of paper out. An abnormal amount. So I'm thinking you steal the Paper conduits powers in the paper trail missions and you use the paper in the environment to drain from. To further my evidence, one of the "good" graffitis you do is a picture of a paper airplane.

Nice.

Walmart hasn't shipped my copy yet. If I don't get it this friday I'll cry

Winternet

Banned
well most of the scores i see on big gaming sites are 9/9.5/10, even for iphone games. so 8.3 feels pretty low.
but nevermind ignore me.

CoolCat

Question to the folks who have the game already: how long do you reckon it would take to complete the entire thing (no spoilers!), side missions and all? Coming here from that Watch Dogs 100hour thread....

Vest name spoilers, don't read if you don't want to know one of the name of the vests, but does anyone think this is intentional or not.

Calling one of the vests in the game X-Bone. I laughed even though it could be nothing.

shandy706

When the embargo ends, I'm just going to look at numbers. No way am I reading shit!

LOL

All numbers, all day. It's the way to roll.

Seriously though, Metacritic is an awful way to gauge whether or not a game is any good. You can have a game that is mostly 8-9 out of 10 across the board and then that one douche Site/Magazine/Critic drops a 6-7 early in on it and drops the score.

I add like 5 extra points to (whatever)/100 to the Metacritic and it tends to be more how I feel about a game. Not all games of course, but it is often pretty accurate.

80 = 85.....85=90....etc...

I've found a lot of games that average 75/100 or better on there are worthy titles.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Question to the folks who have the game already: how long do you reckon it would take to complete the entire thing (no spoilers!), side missions and all? Coming here from that Watch Dogs 100hour thread....

As good, it took me about 15 hours to get 100%

Loudninja

From what people had posted I seen anywhere from 10 to like 22.

VanWinkle

well most of the scores i see on big gaming sites are 9/9.5/10, even for iphone games. so 8.3 feels pretty low.
but nevermind ignore me.

Those are for really great games. Titanfall, one of the most hyped games in years, had 87 Metacritic.

IPhone games are rated differently and averages get so high because of sites that specifically review mobile games and score them high.

FeiRR

Banned
of course im concerned. look what happend with infamous 2. amazing game, mediocre reviews.

Did it stop you from enjoying it? I just don't pay attention to reviews, they make no sense to me. The first game I really enjoyed from top of Metacritics' list is Half Life 2, position 17 while my favourite of all time is 84 points there. Hive mind has no brain.

Dinjooh

Could I trouble anyone for a beanie avatar? I'd really appreciate one.
If you could throw beanies on the cats in my avatar too that'd be super cool but I don't want to push it :)

Sadly, I had to cover most of that magnificent hair - well that, or make the beanie insanely big.

vTzw2AD.png

God damn paper powers better be in this game! Would they really lock powers behind a metagame though? I guess people said Cole's Legacy is a good few hours so we'll see.

This was my exact thought. But even though the mission is a side mission in game, it feels like a story mission.

Good to hear. That's all that I thought happened. Would've been a shame if he got his account deleted.

Can't wait to play this tonight! Thank you Cheetah!
You lucky bastard! I'm usually the one playing games early lol. I actually could have bought a copy from Cheetah, but I figured I'd be too busy to play until Friday anyway. Now it's the opposite; I'm off today and tomorrow, but have to work the night shift Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Plus Saturday is my birthday! Fuck me.

I saw on slickdeals that the game is available with a $25 gift card if you order from Dell. It's free shipping but I'm going to guess most likely it isn't going to show up at your door by Friday.

You must add the item to the cart to see the gift card.

CoolCat

Helpful NeoGaf Friends

Hmm, so anywhere between 15-22 hours?
That seems.......like quite a good chunk gameplay! Many thanks!
Now, if you'll excuse me, off to wring everything possible from KZ before the trade in!

Okay, got a little nervous. You can still play through as good and evil though right, with different endings etc? I've been avoiding any story spoilers so I haven't been digging much.
yes. different story missions, different stories, different endings. main plot will probably be the same but characters will have different personalities, much like delsin.

Pop

I never understood people waiting for review scores to determine if the game will be enjoyable/good. I have never once sought out scores or even was worried about if I could enjoy a game based off of them. Your eyes should tell you all you need to know. Plus all the GAF impressions seem very positive around Infamous SS. I just wish it was Friday already.

Dont pretend that 83 avg on metacritic is not mediocre. this is the world we live in.

Are you talking for others, or is this your opinion?

Because if thats your opinion, its a f'in back one.

Here is just a few games around 83 Metacritic.

Strider
Plants vs. Zombies : Garden Warfare
Toukiden
Dead Nation
Titanfall is getting pretty close, currently at 86
Thief
Earth Defense Force 2025
Resident Evil 4 HD / PC
South Park : Stick of Truth
Castlestorm
The walking dead
Halo : Combat Evolved - PC
HOMEWORLD 2
Orcs Must Die
Beyond Good and Evil
PixelJunk Monsters
Assassins Creed 4 : Black Flag

Yadda Yadda

83 on Metacritic still houses some great games.

This is how I view Metacritic review scale

60's - you probably won't like it, but its up to you. You never know! ( aka Knack )
70's - Good game. People into the series or genre will enjoy it
80's - potential greatness, but with some gameplay flaws that will stop some from loving it.
Low 90's - great game but with a few flaws. Will be hard pressed not to like it
High 90's - everyone should like this.

Top Bottom