• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

dreamfall

Dudes, it was a good picture, everyone is waiting on the game what else are we going to do? I think that picture brought some good smiles to the thread, it look infamous ss inspired even if it's not, so I think it fits. Like if someone posted mario cosplay in a smash brothers thread that looked like a guy on a Smash Brothers stage.

I enjoyed the picture a lot, I hope he's not banned or scolded.

Amen to this. It's a beautiful photo! I sent it to friends wanting to believe!

Dinjooh

Why else would you post it? lol

I mean, it is not far off from the real deal though. The imperfections along the lines looked like a Share button pic to me lmao.

ps4-hi-res-infamous-second-son-screenshots-mar1523.jpg

the draw distance in the real SS is still staggering however.

Blocked site, rehosted:

Aaand you fixed it!

I wouldn't label that as messing around/free roaming. Sounds to me like you had an objective to get things done. That's cool, I got buddies who do that with every game. Always trying to complete it as fast as they can.

oh yea, then i didnt do any free roaming. There isnt any need to go around and free roam, unless u want to. U get max karma just from doing side stuff and maybe half the story. If u want to just go fly around and kill DUP, ill warn u that finding DUP becomes a little bit difficult after u clear areas.

Surfaced

Neo Member
Since this seems to be the nexus of it all, just wanted to say I'm blown away by how many people are running around GAF with beanie'd avatars. I've counted at least 40 unique instances in a thread that wasn't even about inFamous.

Amazed by how much hype this game is generating, never felt inFamous was this popular back on the PS3.

That said, if someone can manage to put one on the Emotion Engine....

Ishan

yup the leaks definitely helped hype the game up a lot. If i was in marketing I would be do this total shutdown followed by controlled leak while simultaneously keep asking players to not be spoiled. Ppl who like spoilers will go ahead anyway and in general the community will get hyped. Aka marketing genius.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Alot of the pics did not have HUDs btw.

All in-game ones uploaded by normal players do as there's no option to disable the hud in the game, which is what that pic was supposed to be. Combine that with come the fuck on! No game looks like that. I really don't see how you could mistake that pic for anything other than a photo, even on a phone.

I think we all enjoyed it, except Magicman103, haha.

He just didn't like the execution.

I had no problem with it, though.

You know I've been using it a lot more and I like it for combat, I just wish it had better traversal options to put it on par with the other powers. I think the reason I don't like it is because the Dash move isn't really good for traversing, but more so attacking.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Since this seems to be the nexus of it all, just wanted to say I'm blown away by how many people are running around GAF with beanie'd avatars. I've counted at least 40 unique instances in a thread that wasn't even about inFamous.

Amazed by how much hype this game is generating, never felt inFamous was this popular back on the PS3.

Most hyped next gen game

It was nowhere near. This game is going to sell more than both of its previous games put together IMO, and by quite a distance.

erawsd

Out of curiosity, how did people get the game already? Pirated copies? elbowing friends who work at retailers?

I know some of the earliest came from a guy selling them on ebay. I'm not sure you can pirate PS4 games yet? So all are prob retail leaks.

Ishan

Does Delsin ever take his beanie off? Spoiler tag and only yes/no please. =D

alright .. now the levels of beanie hype for this game have gone totally off the tail end ahahaha ... beanie marketing ... and to think of it when it was revealed ppl were like wtf looks like a douche ... who has a beanie lol

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have the digital version pre-ordered. Google shopping showed all the Toys R Us locations nearby had it in stock. Went to a few to succumb to temptation to try to get it early. None had it in a showcase to buy. All employees were clueless on the release date and said "strange we usually have it in" or "Must be on its way". Surprised they knew what a playstation 4 is. Still, disappointing. Want it so badly.

TriGen

I got a PS4 and XBO -- and this is by far the game I've been most looking forward to playing.

jpd1408

Banned
Someone who has beaten the game please answer. is it better then the first 2. Also game length of one play through? And last will this game be wel received by critics? What would u rate the game.

Thanks

Ploid 3.0

alright .. now the levels of beanie hype for this game have gone totally off the tail end ahahaha ... beanie marketing ... and to think of it when it was revealed ppl were like wtf looks like a douche ... who has a beanie lol

I noticed a beanie in my kitchen, and every time I see it I think of Second Son. Dat hype, meme, marketing?

Ishan

This game was pretty hyped intitially. I remember that ppl were like woah real next gen graphics ... and then it suddenly dipped in attention. I think the whole titanfall hype machine took over ... also order reveals (evolve etc etc watchdogs driveclub delays) and now all of a sudden its the big thing again. And them exceeding the graphics of e3 also helps a lot.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Someone who has beaten the game please answer. is it better then the first 2. Also game length of one play through? And last will this game be wel received by critics? What would u rate the game.

Thanks

Definitely better than the first 2 in every way, IMO. 15 hours for me to 100% everything as good, 7-8 for the story. I don't see why it wouldn't be well received, and I'd give it a 9 or so.

TheNAC

Banned
Don't know if anyone is aware but my local Gamestop is having a midnight launch so I would assume that a lot of stores are.

cjp

Just saw a TV spot here in the UK, the one that starts off with the drop or whatever and then goes on to melee a character, but weirdly, it was clearly labeled at the bottom with a disclaimer that said 'not game footage'.

I wonder why? It looked on par with all the footage and screens that have been released.

Ishan

Just saw a TV spot here in the UK, the one that starts off with the drop or whatever and then goes on to melee a character, but weirdly, it was clearly labeled at the bottom with a disclaimer that said 'not game footage'.

I wonder why? It looked on par with all the footage and screens that have been released.

because ingame looks better!! :p

Top Bottom