• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

I'm impressed. The game looks soo good. The fact its an open world game is even more impressive. Before this gen I though we would be lucky to have a U3 like graphics in an open world. But this one already exceeds that.

0racle

Hey guys,

My apology on that pic....I was just having some harmless fun- most people shared the laugh; others not so much. I saw that photo today on another site completely unrelated to anything videogames and the resemblance to some of the "shared" photos in here was uncanny.

Hey guys,

My apology on that pic....I was just having some harmless fun- most people shared the laugh; others not so much. I saw that photo today on another site completely unrelated to anything videogames and the resemblance to some of the "shared" photos in here was uncanny.

All good man.. all good. Was a good laugh.

does anyone know if there is an actual difference in the paper trail site if u get a testing kit and do the test or u just do it all online

dreamfall

Hold my hand! We must stay strong!!

Hand holding commences! We must prevail!

Oh, and I'm going to be so evil the first go around. There's no saving Delsin's soul- Seattle will never be the same!

Hey guys,

'Twas pretttty. No harm done for me!

Hey guys,

All good. Should probably put a disclaimer on that next time, ive seen get people banned for less. Not gonna lie though it did get me for a second.

Why am I getting the impression that this game will get 8's around the board, or at least early peeps are making me feel that way.

It probably will. The series average is around 80+
Personally, I don't really care for scores here. I can already tell this is going to be a blast to play like the others. The last two games are part of a handful of games that I replayed and beat consecutively last gen.

I honestly have a hard time playing through the evil side of any Infamous game. I always do good first, and then kind of push myself to do evil.

I did it for 2 because I wanted the ending / powers, so I'll probably end up soldiering through for Second Son.

Why am I getting the impression that this game will get 8's around the board, or at least early peeps are making me feel that way.

as I said earlier, i got the plat in about 20 hours. I can see reviewers knocking it for being repetitive in the side missions and being too short. Plus points will come from gameplay with the powers, graphics, story, and voice acting. I could see 8's being given easily

Ishan

I honestly have a hard time playing through the evil side of any Infamous game. I always do good first, and then kind of push myself to do evil.

I did it for 2 because I wanted the ending / powers, so I'll probably end up soldiering through for Second Son.

the evil side is supposedly more fun in this one.

Almost there

7NHqQ68.jpg

DNAbro

When is being evil not fun? I remember i tried to torture as many civilians as possible when playing evil. Like pinning them down and then dropping on them.

...am i a bad person?

When is being evil not fun? I remember i tried to torture as many civilians as possible when playing evil. Like pinning them down and then dropping on them.

...am i a bad person?

I think it's always more fun, but even more so in this game since it rewards you for being reckless and destructive as a bad guy.

...am i a bad person?

This is my problem with playing evil. It's why I can never go renegade on Mass Effect. I'm too much of a softie. :/

It is kinda fun to just wreck havoc though sometimes.

This is my problem with playing evil. It's why I can never go renegade on Mass Effect. I'm too much of a softie. :/

It is kinda fun to just wreck havoc though sometimes.

this is my problem too, i dont like being evil. I would say its worth it in this game though. The story is different enough to make u care to see what happens. I would definitely play good first though, then bad on expert(if u care about trophies)...just go nuts with ur powers and kill everything that moves lol

DNAbro

Interesting. The only times I unleash that chaotic side of me is during video games. GTAV pinned me as a psycho at the end and it might be right.

If you liked previous Infamous games I literally can't imagine you not liking this one. It's the best yet (although I do have a soft spot in my heart for Festival of Blood.)
Don't we all? Festival of Blood had a lot of character, awesome gameplay and awesome powers for such a cheap DLC.

I'd buy so many of these smaller inFamous games, I really would.

Yeah, it's the updated hourly or whatever, not overall 2014, though.
Still rather good, crazy the PSN cards are there so often

I'm assuming all copies pre-ordered will be the "limited edition" copies everyone is getting. I don't think SP ever showed a standard edition version or what not. Just limited or collectors.

Though my Best Buy pre order card had this image minus the Pegi logo
10327301583_befb7e9443.jpg

I'm assuming all copies pre-ordered will be the "limited edition" copies everyone is getting. I don't think SP ever showed a standard edition version or what not. Just limited or collectors.

you shouldnt have a problem getting the LE when picking up a preorder. I have only seen one person get the non-LE, and he got a review copy straight from sony

Wereroku

The every copy is limited is only for the US if you are Euro you will probably get the standard edition unless you buy the special edition that comes with the beanie.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I like this boxart better than the LE one.

Theecliff

Banned
I just checked and they were max out your negative karma and unlock all the powers.
Maxing out negative karma should be easy enough, just fire into a bunch of crowds for a while! And did you not have enough XP spare to unlock a few powers? I found it was pretty impossible in both the first two games to unlock all the powers with the XP you gain if you play through on hard, but it shouldn't be too bad if you're on a normal/easy play through. That is unless you're trying to get the trophy at the end of your second play through, in which case to unlock the trophy you need to purchase all the powers (both good and bad) since they all unlock together (which is what I had to do). I ended up replaying a certain side mission to try and gain the rest of the XP needed.

as I said earlier, i got the plat in about 20 hours. I can see reviewers knocking it for being repetitive in the side missions and being too short. Plus points will come from gameplay with the powers, graphics, story, and voice acting. I could see 8's being given easily

I honestly have no clue how you did that in 20 hours, I guess I do spend time running around looking at things and fighting the DUP for fun. It took me about 20 on my first playthrough.

Top Bottom