• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

it will be interesting to see how many copies are sold and if it moves hardware.

There was apparently a 74% spike in PS4 sales last week in the UK, and that was purely from them just getting new units in to sell. So, who knows if any boosts will be because of inFamous and how many will just be from stock finally come in so that people can buy the console.

96 pages and still no game in my hands.
LLShC.gif

50 ppp pleb.

OT: I wish I had a PS4.

it will be interesting to see how many copies are sold and if it moves hardware.

With how well PS4 has been selling despite, it's hard to gauge what levels of improvement inFamous will push the sales.

Granted, Sony should be moving in more hardware than previous months, given that it's their biggest exclusive release since launch and Japan launch has been sorted out.

Mr Moose

Oh shit guys, itshappening.gif

Hi

Great news! We've started processing your order and will have it ready for delivery very soon.

Very soon? Not soon enough! HURRY UP GAME! (It's the first time I have used GAME in a long time, I wanted the collectors edition so had to get it from them).

Kyoufu

Very soon? Not soon enough! HURRY UP GAME! (It's the first time I have used GAME in a long time, I wanted the collectors edition so had to get it from them).

Hoping GameSeek send me a similar email today and actually send it off today for it to arrive tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

goonergaz

had both xbone and PS4 pre-ordered, said i would keep which ever one came out first here (ireland) and sell the other system. XB-One got released first.

odd way to choose - personally (as the difference was days) I would have just, you know, gone with the console that had the games I wanted to play...but that's just me.

Lemondish

Looks like we'll have another midnight
ish
launch this week. From Community Manager (PlayStation Europe) Chris Owen on Twitter.

For those asking, the digital version of inFAMOUS Second Son will launch at midnight on Friday morning on the Store.

Mr Moose

Hoping GameSeek send me a similar email today and actually send it off today for it to arrive tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Cool, good luck :)

I just got another email from GAME saying "GAME: Your order is being processed!‏"

On the track orders page it says shipped... COME ONNN!

Oooh, thanks *reads*

Sanador

I got my first PS3 the month before the first Infamous game...and yes it was one of the reasons I picked it up. I am so psyched for Infamous: Second Son. That reminds me, I need to put in for a vacation day Monday. ;)

Ezio

Beat the game last night on my good playthrough. Amazing all around. Started evil playthrough right before bed.

Mask

Heck yes! Got my "Processing order" email too!

Send me dat CE Game! I want to wear the Beanie hat while I play this glorious game!

Dragon

Banned
Guys my PS4 keeps losing its HDMI connection. I think it's a handshaking issue. I've tried two different HDMI cables. FML. :(

Ghost23

Is this game 60 Fps 1080p? It really doesn't matter for me because the only option I have at the moment is 720p, but I'm just curious.

LifEndz

Decided to cancel my Amazon preorder and pick it up from gamestop (since it's the same price). Started infamous 2 last night and hope to power through it by Friday.

SHADES

I've been trying to avoid this thread like the plague but Damn it I'm weak! Just paid for my copy & should be in to collect for Thursday, hype getting the better of me now.

NaSh200

Neo Member
odd way to choose - personally (as the difference was days) I would have just, you know, gone with the console that had the games I wanted to play...but that's just me.

it sort of was a bit like that. all my friends were getting XB-One's and there wasn't any games coming for the PS4 anytime soon and i knew titanfall wasn't far off (second son's release date hadn't been announced at that point).

i'm getting a PS4 in the next couple of months anyway so it's not a problem, i can play it then. plus, i made a tidy profit from selling the PS4 (which also meant i got the XB-one for a cheaper price, sort of).

FeD.nL

Just ordered the special edition (beanie thing) but mostly for cole's legacy. I tried to read up but is cole's legacy playable on launch or is it some later dlc?

Mr Moose

Is everyone who ordered the CE from Amazon still looking at a 3/25 delivery date?

Collectors edition is for GAME only, isn't it? (apart from resellers).

Edit: Or US, I guess, wait if US can get CE, why doesn't UK, that's silly, I'd rather order from Amazon than GAME :(

Second edit: Why are there different CE versions? UKs is different.

xPhinehas

No. My definitely shows the 21st.

Someone had this issue before, and I think what they ended up doing was changing the shipping speed to make sure it updated to the 21st.

I'M NOT SURE SO DONT DO THAT JUST YET!

Mine was the 23rd, apparently there was an "issue" in the shipping department. I ended up just cancelling it and preordering it at the local GameStop.

spoonman

Banned
I bought my PS4 on launch day (in the US) and haven't opened it yet. With InFAMOUS Second Son coming on Friday, I finally feel motivated to go ahead and open it up. I just hope it doesn't spoil me too much because I have about 60 PS3 games on the backlog to play.

One thing I do wish Sony would add to the PS4, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking this, is the ability to listen to mp3 music while playing games. It makes replaying a game and searching for shards, etc.. a little more fun IMO. And yeah, I know you can listen to Music Unlimited, but my $1/month subscription ran out and I'm not paying full price for it.

Top Bottom