• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

tusken77

"There are 1,024 sound variations of the smoke bolt. It will rarely sound the same twice."

Whoa, that is awesome.

kylie.gif

Atrophis

Anyone know if Tesco Direct are good for getting games delivered on the day of release? My order is listed as ready for dispatch but delivery date is given as 25th March.

spoonman

Banned
So will we start seeing reviews pop up today?
I thought I remember someone saying the embargo ends Tuesday (today).

Based on what I've been hearing in here I'd say it deserves a perfect score.

Embargo ends on Thursday.

also the game isn't perfect, it has its flaws. People around gaf are giving it 8's and 9's.

Can anyone beanie my avatar por favor?

Much obliged in advance.

---line note---

I tried calling VideogamesNY to see if they were selling it a bit early..no dice. They sold Ground Zeroes as early as last week though.

Servbot24

Banned

Thursday. It won't get perfect scores because of the repetitive missions.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
dooooooooooooooooo it

embrace your inner douche

Bish this is your calling.

Do it. Give in.

This needs to happen bish.

Do it bish

You and the other mods are already on Sony's payroll, no one will even bat an eyelash

Pre-order it like the rest, have it right there on day one.

One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

image.php

Sorry, sir.

mVhWVB4.png

psychotron

Still no concrete answer on framerate being locked or unlocked? I'm seeing a different answer every few posts. With so many people here owning the game early I would have thought we'd know by now. Perhaps it's in the spoiler thread....but I dare not enter. My beanie will be untainted.

jayu26

Still no concrete answer on framerate being locked or unlocked? I'm seeing a different answer every few posts. With so many people here owning the game early I would have thought we'd know by now. Perhaps it's in the spoiler thread....but I dare not enter. My beanie will be untainted.

Does it matter? If it is unlocked, clearly it is not bothering anyone.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I'm 99% sure it's unlocked unless my eyes are deceiving me. It looks like it gets close to 60fps at times.

Brick

I opened the spoiler thread just to glance around. I thought I would be able to back out the moment I saw a hint of something without spoiling too much. I was wrong. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

DatAhmedz

It's unlocked.

It's unlocked. There was some high quality 60fps footage posted awhile back and it was clearly going well over 30 in some instances.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
While I do agree that Infamous looks really good on these screens and videos, I think the issue, at least for me, is something different. I'm pretty much a playstation guy, I played and loved Infamous 1+2 to death, I think SS looks great (and probably is the best looking open world game) and it still doesn't make me think about buying a PS4. Well, there are different reasons for that, but the main issue is...these screens and GIFs don't transfer 1:1 to the TV. There is probably loads of visible aliasing and a constant stuttering going on since it's not a locked 60FPS. That is what PC made of me...not a sucker about visual fidelity, but image quality and framerate.

I've seen it live on a tv, and no, it looks better than kt does in screenshots. I know that's hard to believe, but it's absoutely the truth. Even the capture card shots are lacking some of the crispness and clarity of how it looks on a tv, not to mention the smoothness of the animation. The game is simply stunning in motion. As an infamous fan, I can't imagine not buying the PS4 to play more inFAMOUS.

Then again, I didn't buy my PS4 for just infamous. I'm a huge Killzone, Uncharted, God of War, inFamous, Ratchet, Sly, Jak,etc fan, and I was about 100% certain we'd be seeing them on PS4 at some point. Besides, on launcn, I had KZ, ACIV, LEGO Marvel, BR4, Resogun, and DCUO to keep me busy. I haven't experienced a game drought with my PS4. Hell, I still haven't beat ACIV yet, and BF4 I got for free, so I sold it. I never buy a console for just one game, but inFAMOUS made it to the top of my most wanted list the moment it was announced.

psychotron

Does it matter? If it is unlocked, clearly it is not bothering anyone.

Why do you seem to assume I would be unhappy with it being unlocked? I'm actually one of the people that prefer unlocked, and really liked it in Killzone too.

I'm 99% sure it's unlocked unless my eyes are deceiving me. It looks like it gets close to 60fps at times.

It's unlocked.

It's unlocked. There was some high quality 60fps footage posted awhile back and it was clearly going well over 30 in some instances.

Thanks for the responses!

jayu26

Why do you seem to assume I would be unhappy with it being unlocked? I'm actually one of the people that prefer unlocked, and really liked it in Killzone too.
You are right, I should not have presumed; but a lot of gamers don't like when the game is unlocked below 60.
Games with unlocked framerates tend to make the fan inside the PS4 fluctuate quite a bit. It kinda bothered me in Tomb Raider and KZ.

Is this true? Second verification anyone?

Top Bottom