• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

So I just ended up preordering on psn, mainly because I want to take advantage of the of the $10 credit for spending $60. Does anyone know if I'll still qualify with just the purchase of infamous at $59.99? They aren't going to exclude me over one penny, are they?

It does qualify.

todd360

I'm surprised no one from the PC master race has come in here to tell us plebs why this isn't impressive and how people were playing games with these visuals in 2007.

PC master race here. We have had beanies with far greater detail in 2006.
II recently put together a gaming pc. I have no idea what i'm saying lol.

FleetFeet

I'm just in awe at how amazing these screens look, I can't believe these are straight from the ps4... especially compared to some of the early screenshots from AC4 with the share button... massive difference.

So there's no preloading but we get the play as you download feature? I'm curious how much we have to have downloaded before we can start playing.

Please don't derail this thread.

My apologies... I was just getting worried after that purchase lol.

nxndzq.gif

3 more days!!

Mengetsu

Everyone is so happy in the MGS Ground Zeros thread cause the game came out at midnight tonight on the store..that should be us being happy as well. Why a Friday SP? :(

We are going to have to start a best combo challenge here on GAF. It seems like you can link together some awesome sequences given the range of powers and moves combined with the pedestrians, semi destructible environment, and cars. This is going to be so much damn fun.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Grimløck;104811474 said:
i think they're busy mucking it up in the next-gen screenshots thread.

I hate to agree, but god damn, the Next-Gen screenshot thread is so full of salt I needed to call a Doctor.

It's like Second Son has brought out the secret insecurities of many PC gamers. For the record, I have a beast PC that I build in late 2012, and yeah, it's awesome, but I've been a console gamer since the 80's, and I'm constantly amazed at how they progress each generation. Right now, inFAMOUS Second Son is the best looking open world game I've seen. On both consoles and PC, not just "for a console game."

I love my PC, but I love my PS4, and Sony's First Party studios have always been enough to get me to game PlayStation. inFAMOUS was my favorite new IP last generation, and while I never buy a console for just one game, Second Son was as much of a system seller for me the moment it said "Only on PlayStation 4." These screens have exceeded my expectations for the visuals, and Sucker Punch deserves to be spoken of in the same reverence as Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios, and not just because of the visuals, but because, ever since the beginning, they've been crafting incredibly fun games, even when they didn't have maybe the time and budget to make them shine like SS. I think inFAMOUS 2 doesn't get enough credit for how good it looked back then (and even now). I know many folks go apeshit over jaggies and draw distances, but overall, i2 was a looker.

Not all PC gamers are snobs and elitists. With that said, I've been trying to stay out of the shenanigans in the next-gen screenshot thread. It was painful to read, actually.

Friday can't get here soon enough. I have the CE pre-ordered, but it was pretty tempting to order from that ebay guy. Ultimately, I'm glad I waited. I'm a patient guy.

We are going to have to start a best combo challenge here on GAF. It seems like you can link together some awesome sequences given the range of powers and moves combined with the pedestrians, semi destructible environment, and cars. This is going to be so much damn fun.

In gif form I hope!

Can't see neon karma until game releases.

My PC would probably not run Infamous SS this good. Console is just more optimized. I only have a 760 GTX.

demolitio

I need to make sure I preorder this tomorrow. I've been so busy drooling over the pictures that I forgot I never preordered this one at Best Buy to get my 20% off. Then again, the pharmacy and drug company just tried to make sure I wouldn't even be able to preorder it by their bullshit but Seattle needs a hero so I can't let them down. Actually, I think they're going to get the hero they deserve, not the one they want right now.

Now that I'm getting the impression that this will sell really well, I can't wait to see what SP does next.

Shadownet

Banned
Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl and now an amazing game is based in Seattle.

What a great year to be a Seattlian.. Seatthlian....?

Ummm just people living in Seattle...

BigDug13

Oh damn. I've had this on preorder but for some reason in my mind, I had assumed next Tuesday since Tuesday is always "new media for the week" day in the US.

Holy shit I'm going to be playing this on Friday!!

Do people not replay games anymore? Do u watch your favorite movie once and never revisit it over the years? Buying a game holds the same value to me. I've replayed bioshock at least 4 times and mass effect 2 maybe 6 times and each playthrough I find something I missed or didn't know about. Games are meant to be experienced more than once....

It'll be about time the series sale well. I'm really hoping for it to. It's one of my favorite series from last gen.

It's gonna be the best selling PS4 exclusive relatively quick. PS4 owners are absolutely starved for some games, at least all my friends are. I can see the sales surpassing KZSF by late April or May.

I'm still waiting to hear how long it is and how varied the missions are before I decide if I buy or rent from gamefly, but I've got MGS coming in tomorrow so I can finally dust off dat PS4.

BigDug13

Do people not replay games anymore? Do u watch your favorite movie once and never revisit it over the years? Buying a game holds the same value to me. I've replayed bioshock at least 4 times and mass effect 2 maybe 6 times and each playthrough I find something I missed or didn't know about. Games are meant to be experienced more than once....

Infamous has always been a series that needed to be played at least twice. Because the powers you got as a bad guy were different than the powers you got as a good guy.

So what is the next big PS4 release after this is my question?

Anyone know?

IT should've been Driveclub, but at this point, no one seems to have any idea when its coming. Sony doesn't even seem to have a clue.

Harp

For anyone wondering the game looks and plays great via remote play on vita. Sony needs to make the controll scheme the default. All extra buttons are on the front touch screen.

Top Bottom