• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Is there no option to lock the framerate down? Killzone SF benefits enormously from its framerate lock option; it goes from looking like a stuttery mess to as relatively silky as 30FPS can get. But then, Killzone fluctuates between 30 and 45 pretty much constantly, so hopefully Infamous will at least be more stable.

I opened the spoiler thread just to glance around. I thought I would be able to back out the moment I saw a hint of something without spoiling too much. I was wrong. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

Don't worry man you didn't get spoiled.

you saw the
Paper
power which is unconfirmed. It's a part of the paper trails mission.

Also to add on to what everyone else is saying I think the framerate is unlocked.

DatAhmedz

Is there no option to lock the framerate down? Killzone SF benefits enormously from its framerate lock option; it goes from looking like a stuttery mess to as relatively silky as 30FPS can get. But then, Killzone fluctuates between 30 and 45 pretty much constantly, so hopefully Infamous will at least be more stable.

No option to lock it. But the game's pretty smooth if you ask me.

Brick

Don't worry man you didn't get spoiled.

you saw the
Paper
power which is unconfirmed. It's a part of the paper trails mission.

Also to add on to what everyone else is saying I think the framerate is unlocked.

Ok, good to know. Just to be safe, I'm going to stay as far away from that thread as I can.

Can anyone confirmed to me that inFAMOUS's pre-order on Canadian PSN is back at 59,99$ please?

I paid mine 69,99$ last friday, and now that I see it as 59,99$ and so are my friends, I,m now with sony on the telephone asking them for a 10$ credit because the game isnt even out and I paid 10$ more than it is now.

That girl is having problems speaking both in english and french.

Loudninja

The Superhuman Sound of inFAMOUS Second Son
Hey everyone! I’m the audio director at Sucker Punch, and I’m excited to show off some of the fun and painstaking attention to detail we took with the sound design of inFAMOUS Second Son.

We knew we had to up our game on all sonic fronts because we were launching on PS4, so we started early by identifying the key areas we wanted to focus on. Obviously the powers were going to be the most important aspect, so we began conceiving ideas before there was even visual concept art. We created a language for each power set which we used as a palette to craft the design of each set. With smoke, it was charcoal, air, and extinguishing flames. For neon we strapped a contact mic on our Sly Cooper neon sign and also recorded fluorescent tubes, electromagnetic interference, and a very long induction coil.

Another area we knew needed to come alive was the ambience. Since our game takes place in Seattle, what better way to capture the bustling city than running around with microphones, capturing the subtle nuances from birds, sirens, and car alarms, to rain and traffic? We took things to extreme measures with our ambient design, setting up unique audio events based on the neighborhood, the time of day, and whether or not Delsin or the D.U.P. is in control of a district.

Another concern for us was the final mix. We mixed the game at Sony’s Bridgepointe Studio, which was a wonderful experience. The game sounds great no matter what listening environment you may have: home theater, TV speakers, headphones, and so on.

Going even further, our team also worked closely with the PlayStation hardware team to develop a custom audio mix for the new PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headsets which provides an outstanding example of how the audio mode enhances the sound experience.

Hope everyone enjoys the sonic magic of Second Son starting this Friday!

inFAMOUS Second Son features custom audio modes for both the PlayStation Gold and PULSE Elite wireless headsets. These modes will be available at launch and accessible both in-game for Gold and via the Headset Companion App.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/18/the-superhuman-sound-of-infamous-second-son/#sf2205635

Video in the link

No. My definitely shows the 21st.

Someone had this issue before, and I think what they ended up doing was changing the shipping speed to make sure it updated to the 21st.

I'M NOT SURE SO DONT DO THAT JUST YET!

I shot Amazon an email since the only shipping options I have are to downgrade it from 2-day to standard. The first guy said they couldn't do it since my item had already shipped and would arrive on the 25th............. but when I contacted them again saying the first guy was clearly wrong they went ahead and upgraded me to 1-day for free, so I'm currently showing a delivery date of the 21st. Hopefully it pans out!!!

Stopped following this game awhile back when it looked like it wasn't doing anything new or interesting. What is the general consensus now? Is it significant advancement or just on par with the other infamous games?

I shot Amazon an email since the only shipping options I have are to downgrade it from 2-day to standard. The first guy said they couldn't do it since my item had already shipped and would arrive on the 25th............. but when I contacted them again saying the first guy was clearly wrong they went ahead and upgraded me to 1-day for free, so I'm currently showing a delivery date of the 21st. Hopefully it pans out!!!

Fuck..YEA!!!

Best of luck man, happy it worked out for ya.

I tend to ask multiple amazon reps for answers involving dates. When I preordered my Ps4 after June, It had an eta of December 31st, obviously. After they announced the official date, I saw Amazon hadn't changed my deliv date even though it was launch edition. Asked one rep, they kept saying "sorry, it syas December 31st," and i argued back and forth that that was a placeholder and the official date was 11/15.

Ended up speaking to another rep who told me"Nope, 15th. They were wrong, you got this"

Stopped following this game awhile back when it looked like it wasn't doing anything new or interesting. What is the general consensus now? Is it significant advancement or just on par with the other infamous games?

Amazing amazing amazing. A ton of people got the game early (including myself) and only one person has given it truly negative feedback.

One person on gaf even said it was the best game he's ever played.

it's by far the best infamous game and even the best PS4 game. The level of acting and emotion is on naughty dog levels. It's insane that you're playing an infamous game.

so yes, it's ok to get hyped! :)

JB1981

Amazing amazing amazing. A ton of people got the game early (including myself) and only one person has given it truly negative feedback.

it's by far the best infamous game and even the best PS4 game. The level of acting and emotion is on naughty dog levels. It's insane that you're playing an infamous game.so yes, it's ok to get hyped! :)

Sorry but who cares about cinematics? How is the gameplay?

I bought my PS4 on launch day (in the US) and haven't opened it yet. With InFAMOUS Second Son coming on Friday, I finally feel motivated to go ahead and open it up. I just hope it doesn't spoil me too much because I have about 60 PS3 games on the backlog to play.

One thing I do wish Sony would add to the PS4, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking this, is the ability to listen to mp3 music while playing games. It makes replaying a game and searching for shards, etc.. a little more fun IMO. And yeah, I know you can listen to Music Unlimited, but my $1/month subscription ran out and I'm not paying full price for it.

You should probably postpone. I thought I'd be able to go back to playing the PS3, but after using the DS4 and all the PS4's goodness, it's made it so much harder to play PS3 games. I haven't finished GTA5 yet, and the fact that I can't use the DS4 to play the game makes it even harder. I've been spoiled.

it's by far the best infamous game and even the best PS4 game. The level of acting and emotion is on naughty dog levels. It's insane that you're playing an infamous game.

so yes, it's ok to get hyped! :)

Compared to what, though? AC4? PS4's best game pre-inFamous has to be a multiplat, since the exclusives aren't all that hot yet.

The gameplay is also amazing.

If someone asked me how I would describe the game in three words it would be:

FUN, Epic, and Gorgeous.

The powers you obtain in the game are awesome and they really make you feel like a badass.

I'm playing through the game now for a second time on Evil and I'm still having a blast. It's so fluid and polished, it's hard not to have fun.

RBzc6.gif

Seriously, from what I've read both gameplay and story/cinematics sound swell. I genuinely care about both.

That feeling when you book Friday afternoon off work and then remember that Second Son releases the same day.
That's my situation, too! I have a convention to attend Saturday so I took Friday off as PTO. Gonna go to Walmart and pick this bad boy up first thing in the morning!

isn't it self explanatory? best PS4 game means it's better than every other ps4 game no matter what your personal favorite might be.

WTF does that even mean? We're talking about one guy's subjective opinion on the game. His personal opinion on other games matters, not mine. I haven't played inFamous yet, I don't know if I'd like it more than AC4, which is currently my favorite PS4 game. If he says "inFamous is the best game on the PS4" and we find out his previous favorite game on PS4 was Knack, then I'm gonna be a little bit dubious of his opinion on inFamous.

kyser73

Just pre-ordered the LE with the beanie (along with MGS:GZ) from Amazon & took up the Prime trial, so it'll arrive on Friday.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's unlocked. There was some high quality 60fps footage posted awhile back and it was clearly going well over 30 in some instances.

If I'm not mistaken, Infamous 1/2 were unlocked as well. Depends on the implementation and the game if it works well or not. I hope they manage to keep it over 30 fps and provide an option to lock the framerate via a patch.

Got mine today... just testing it out. One technical question,in the very first cut scene panning wasn't as smooth as I expected it to be, sort of clunky, as if it lacks vsync. Is this normal or I have a funky setting on my TV? (I have a Samsung with Game Mode on + as many settings disabled as possible). During the game it looked ok.

Thanks for suggestions.

If I'm not mistaken, Infamous 1/2 were unlocked as well. Depends on the implementation and the game if it works well or not. I hope they manage to keep it over 30 fps and provide an option to lock the framerate via a patch.

I can't speak to Inf 2 as I didn't play much, but Infamous 1 was unlocked.

kyser73

Got mine today... just testing it out. One technical question,in the very first cut scene panning wasn't as smooth as I expected it to be, sort of clunky, as if it lacks vsync. Is this normal or I have a funky setting on my TV? (I have a Samsung with Game Mode on + as many settings disabled as possible). During the game it looked ok.

Thanks for suggestions.

Was it still installing from the disc? I've had that happen every time I've started playing during install on a physical copy.

Fuck..YEA!!!

Best of luck man, happy it worked out for ya.

I tend to ask multiple amazon reps for answers involving dates. When I preordered my Ps4 after June, It had an eta of December 31st, obviously. After they announced the official date, I saw Amazon hadn't changed my deliv date even though it was launch edition. Asked one rep, they kept saying "sorry, it syas December 31st," and i argued back and forth that that was a placeholder and the official date was 11/15.

Ended up speaking to another rep who told me"Nope, 15th. They were wrong, you got this"

Hello, I have iNFAMOUS preordered and it says estimated delivery date March, 21. Will it get too me on the 21st.

Thanks for suggestions.

I have a Samsung as well and I always thought gamemode made some games look worse. If I have it with dynamic on it makes some games really smooth.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I don't like this exclusive sound to headset business.
Why can't it just be like wartapes for BF, though admittedly I have no Idea how that works only that it is awesome.

Wartapes is different entirely.

These are audio outputs customized for these specific headphones and games.

Top Bottom