• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Dead

well not really...yet
FF14 in April
Watch Doge in May (multi, but PS4 focus...)

apparently wolfenstein is may too according to gamestop...thought that was fall/winter

RytGear

Can anyone answer, after the game is finished, is there a way to change the time of day at all? Like in the options menu or something?

Just finished the next paper trail test. I have an 85% chance of
having concrete powers
. Yay!

Please tell me you just didn't spoil one of the powers, or is this something different? I thought no spoilers to that extent (e.g story features and powers) wasn't to be discussed on this thread?

:S

Theecliff

Banned
Can anyone answer, after the game is finished, is there a way to change the time of day at all? Like in the options menu or something?
In previous games after you've completed them the time of day would change every time you loaded up the game again, so I'd hope for something similar here.

Blastoise

Banned
My special edition shipped from an online retailer in Australia. First time thats ever happened to me. I might actually get the game by Friday!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Weirdos

Yet I love this franchise and will be purchasing it day one. Decisions, decisions.

i7v7ivlEjVQQL.gif

viveks86

Lol you know what u did :p

Please tell me you just didn't spoil one of the powers, or is this something different? I thought no spoilers to that extent (e.g story features and powers) wasn't to be discussed on this thread?

:S

No I don't know what the other powers are. This is from their official ARG site that apparently unlocks something on release day. It's a meta-game called "Paper Trail". Has nothing to do with the power reveals. They have all kinds of powers listed there. So what they have in-game could really be anything as far as I know. I just put it in spoiler tags for a little suspense. Others have been tested positive for different powers. Check it out.

http://infamouspapertrail.com

There's a thread on it here

Derpcrawler

Why half the Gaf have Beenies photoshoped into their avatars? Is the hype for this game that big?

I honestly buying it just for the graphics. I have both first game and second for PS3. But I gave up on first game after 2nd island. It's just so boring to play, like AC1/3 levels of boring. I really hope Second Son will be an improvement.

I tried to play through first Infamous multiple times, but I get sick from the game after 30-40mins and just can't play it anymore. Last time I tried was in October/November, since I wanted to catch up on story before Second Son.

Am I missing lot of stuff by not playing through first 2 games?

No I don't know what the other powers are. This is from their official ARG site that apparently unlocks something on release day. It's a meta-game called "Paper Trail". Has nothing to do with the power reveals. They have all kinds of powers listed there. So what they have in-game could really be anything as far as I know. I just put it in spoiler tags for a little suspense. Others have been tested positive for different powers. Check it out.

http://infamouspapertrail.com

There's a thread on it here

Thanks for clarifying, I totally freaked out. >.>

Betty

Banned
Why half the Gaf have Beenies photoshoped into their avatars? Is the hype for this game that big?

I honestly buying it just for the graphics. I have both first game and second for PS3. But I gave up on first game after 2nd island. It's just so boring to play, like AC1/3 levels of boring. I really hope Second Son will be an improvement.

I tried to play through first Infamous multiple times, but I get sick from the game after 30-40mins and just can't play it anymore. Last time I tried was in October/November, since I wanted to catch up on story before Second Son.

The prior games aren't required playing and the story is totally standalone in Second Son.

The beanie avatars are a mix of hype and boredom from lack of any new info at the time.

def sim

All right, I'm about to pre-order this on PSN. The $10 back deal doesn't have to be an exact $60 does it? I don't want to have to buy an avatar to round out.

edit: The promotion page on PSN says Infamous is a part of it, so I'm good to go.

Apeopleman

m1zOcxm.jpg

Don't know if it's been mentioned here already but there is a D.U.P. NRDC Facebook page with some cool photos. I found two that have interesting story/power "hints" in them.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Thrakier

I hate to agree, but god damn, the Next-Gen screenshot thread is so full of salt I needed to call a Doctor.

It's like Second Son has brought out the secret insecurities of many PC gamers. For the record, I have a beast PC that I build in late 2012, and yeah, it's awesome, but I've been a console gamer since the 80's, and I'm constantly amazed at how they progress each generation. Right now, inFAMOUS Second Son is the best looking open world game I've seen. On both consoles and PC, not just "for a console game."

I love my PC, but I love my PS4, and Sony's First Party studios have always been enough to get me to game PlayStation. inFAMOUS was my favorite new IP last generation, and while I never buy a console for just one game, Second Son was as much of a system seller for me the moment it said "Only on PlayStation 4." These screens have exceeded my expectations for the visuals, and Sucker Punch deserves to be spoken of in the same reverence as Naughty Dog and Santa Monica Studios, and not just because of the visuals, but because, ever since the beginning, they've been crafting incredibly fun games, even when they didn't have maybe the time and budget to make them shine like SS. I think inFAMOUS 2 doesn't get enough credit for how good it looked back then (and even now). I know many folks go apeshit over jaggies and draw distances, but overall, i2 was a looker.

Not all PC gamers are snobs and elitists. With that said, I've been trying to stay out of the shenanigans in the next-gen screenshot thread. It was painful to read, actually.

Friday can't get here soon enough. I have the CE pre-ordered, but it was pretty tempting to order from that ebay guy. Ultimately, I'm glad I waited. I'm a patient guy.

While I do agree that Infamous looks really good on these screens and videos, I think the issue, at least for me, is something different. I'm pretty much a playstation guy, I played and loved Infamous 1+2 to death, I think SS looks great (and probably is the best looking open world game) and it still doesn't make me think about buying a PS4. Well, there are different reasons for that, but the main issue is...these screens and GIFs don't transfer 1:1 to the TV. There is probably loads of visible aliasing and a constant stuttering going on since it's not a locked 60FPS. That is what PC made of me...not a sucker about visual fidelity, but image quality and framerate.

Top Bottom