• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Kssio_Aug

It's a fine contributor article with an update including wonderful anecdotal evidence courtesy of Reddit!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...more-red-carpet-for-ps4s-infamous-second-son/

EDIT: Example below!

Ok, I understand that its not Forbes officially. However, everytime I see biased or bs stuff like this, I see how the game media is becoming more and more a big joke!! Its being extremely harder to find some credibilty at reviewers nowadays, and that is just... sad! :/

Still no concrete answer on framerate being locked or unlocked? I'm seeing a different answer every few posts. With so many people here owning the game early I would have thought we'd know by now. Perhaps it's in the spoiler thread....but I dare not enter. My beanie will be untainted.

I don`t have the game, thursday will be the day for me, but it wouldn`t surprise me if the game was unlocked because both iF and iF 2 were and had a variable framerate.

Ok, I understand that its not Forbes officially. However, everytime I see biased or bs stuff like this, I see how the game media is becoming more and more a big joke!! Its being extremely harder to find some credibilty at reviewers nowadays, and that is just... sad! :/

I'm not as hard on reviewers as many here seem to be. If anything, I think reviewers are a bit too harsh on some games these days (Knack, Ryse, and even Titanfall), but when game journalists resort to anecdotal evidence in opinion pieces, I have to laugh. :)

Have they detailed what's supposed to be included in the day one patch? Google just brought up really vague statements about it being worth it and that's it

Raptor

Did I read it right or I dreamed of reading it, but its true it takes 20 hours to do both good and evil playthroughs and get 100% and the platinum in this game?

I don't think it will last me the 2 months I was thinking till Wolfenstein :(

Did I read it right or I dreamed of reading it, but its true it takes 20 hours to do both good and evil playthroughs and get 100% and the platinum in this game?

it took me around 20 hours to get 100% on both playtrhoughs...so literally everything the game offers twice and the platinum. I did not go around the city and mess around though

Squalor

watch the evening time. cartoon network. you'll get Watch dog, infamous, and titanfall.
And Destiny, Sony has been pushing Destiny videos in its UI and video-sharing commercials, which seems weird since the game is multi-platform and six months from scheduled release.

And Destiny, Sony has been pushing Destiny videos in its UI and video-sharing commercials, which seems weird since the game is multi-platform and six months from scheduled release.

they will push Destiny as an exclusive so hard since they made that deal with bungie.

In contrast to others I played about 20-22 hours and did one playthrough 100%, I messed around the city a bunch though.

On Amazon it says estimated delivery March 21st. Will it be at my house on Friday and when will it ship? 1st time I ever preordered a game on Amazon....so I'm kinda nervous.

Carbonox

Decided to pass some time away by playing through Infamous 2 again. Actually only need to do a single evil run and I'll have the Platinum so why not. Plus it will refresh my memory for Cole's Legacy.

I forgot what a terrible character Cole is. Even his design is terrible.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
On Amazon it says estimated delivery March 21st. Will it be at my house on Friday and when will it ship? 1st time I ever preordered a game on Amazon....so I'm kinda nervous.

Amazon tends to ship the day before for me or tomorrow it will ship. You will get it Friday.

Squalor

You will receive it Friday. It could ship any time between March 19 and the day of. It depends upon your proximity to a shipping center.

You might also receive it early, on Thursday. That happens often. It depends how strict they want to be.

1622424_814969908517964_978544301_o.jpg

Fantastic.

You will receive it Friday. It could ship any time between March 19 and the day of. It depends upon your proximity to a shipping center.

You might also receive it early, on Thursday. That happens often. It depends how strict they want to be.

But I WILL receive it Friday?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Any confirmation as to when we'll be able to download if we digitally pre-ordered? Friday morning? whenever the regular update is?

Will it auto-download?

I just read an article in Forbes today almost expressing concern about that game due to the sheer lack of television and general consumer advertisement. No demo of the game will be released, the team has been very cagey about many of the game's features, and I'm wondering if a review embargo will be held up until the game's release like alot of other games recently.

Either Sony views Infamous like From Software views Dark Souls, a popular title with a dedicated hardcore audience that will sell via word of mouth, or they don't have a ton of faith in the quality of the title. The game will be released in a few days, and I'm hoping it will play as well as it looks. The last two infamous titles were awesome.

I believe this can be a system sellar, but Sony isn't really advertising it like it's one.

I already posted about this article, and provided a link to it on post 4090 of this thread. We had a discussion about it too. You might want to take a look there.

alterno69

Banned
It's definitely the first on the PlayStation 4.

Some people will say Titalfall was the first true this-gen game.
Lol, and they'd be crazy. Ryse and Killzone a,ready look a gen ahead of anything on PS3/360. This looks better than those games but those are amazing looking games too. Titanfall looks like ass even on PC.

Squalor

Lol, and they'd be crazy. Ryse and Killzone a,ready look a gen ahead of anything on PS3/360. This looks better than those games but those are amazing looking games too. Titanfall looks like ass even on PC.
Oh, I kind of assumed we were talking about good games, though.

Grisby

So, do you guys think this is the first true next generation game? Or something else?
I think that already belongs to some of the launch exclusives. Ryse, Forza, Killzone to name a few.

Some of it boils down to graphics like Killzone, but then you also have something like Forza's drive-a-thingys to handle ai.

Hell, Dead Rising 3 had an incredible amount of zombies on screen and the lighting (those flares) wasn't too shabby either.

Top Bottom