• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Dazzyman

Just ordered this with FFHD. Roll on Thurs here in UK :)

Will cheer me up as my MS relapse means too ill to play Dark Souls 2 (brain forgets and get lost easily).

Are those pulse headphones worth the price, though? I need a new headset, and I've been thinking about getting them, but they're way too pricey for me to justify that buy.

Dawg

20140318172259udk2v.jpg

20140318172312lvk7a.jpg

20140318172328bujib.jpg

201403181723369cjyi.jpg

20140318172353gsjl3.jpg

And believe me when I say this... it looks even better in-game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I finally went ahead and bought this on PSN. I've got the entire weekend clear, so I'm feelin that Friday release date.

Levyne

Banned
So the lead designer of the game left Sucker Punch? Seems a bit weird to read but maybe it's more normal than I think. Anyways, hope the game does real well for him.

I don't know if it is old, I read it here.

Alienous

So the lead designer of the game left Sucker Punch? Seems a bit weird to read but maybe it's more normal than I think. Anyways, hope the game does real well for him.

I don't know if it is old, I read it here.

My first reaction, without reading into it, was that it seemed healthy. You put your all into a game, and as it's about to launch move on to whatever's next.

YES! VideoGamesPlus have shipped my order. And now to play the waiting game. It's from Canada to England, so the wait is going to be lengthy and unbearable.

Newboi

I just read an article in Forbes today almost expressing concern about that game due to the sheer lack of television and general consumer advertisement. No demo of the game will be released, the team has been very cagey about many of the game's features, and I'm wondering if a review embargo will be held up until the game's release like alot of other games recently.

Either Sony views Infamous like From Software views Dark Souls, a popular title with a dedicated hardcore audience that will sell via word of mouth, or they don't have a ton of faith in the quality of the title. The game will be released in a few days, and I'm hoping it will play as well as it looks. The last two infamous titles were awesome.

I believe this can be a system sellar, but Sony isn't really advertising it like it's one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just read an article in Forbes today almost expressing concern about that game due to the sheer lack of television and general consumer advertisement. No demo of the game will be released, the team has been very cagey about many of the game's features, and I'm wondering if a review embargo will be held up until the game's release like alot of other games recently.

Either Sony views Infamous like From Software views Dark Souls, a popular title with a dedicated hardcore audience that will sell via word of mouth, or they don't have a ton of faith in the quality of the title. The game will be released in a few days, and I'm hoping it will play as well as it looks. The last two infamous titles were awesome.

I believe this can be a system sellar, but Sony isn't really advertising it like it's one.
They're advertising the game more than any other they've released in the past few years, except maybe TLoU. It's getting a huge push.

They're doing a solid job advertising it but still not enough IMO. This needs to be "in your face" like Uncharted, Gran Turismo, TLOU & God of War. That hasn't happened.

Kssio_Aug

My PS4 is quite long turned off, however the true boring story is that I am not playing it not because I dont want, but because I am not having any time to! T-T

However, with InFamous coming, it will be impossible not to play! Impossible!!!

Even with SuckerPunch having some special sound for PS4 headset I would rather just use the premium earphones I bought that can be used through the DS4 and doesn't leave my neck hurting.

Betty

Banned

Embargo ends the day before release and personally I think Sony has done a decent job advertising it. People have mentioned seeing ad's, there's the ARG game everyone played, it's all over parts of PSN and there was a big twitch live play event only a week or so ago.

VanWinkle

Obviously the Forbes contributor (could be just any random person, mind you; Forbes doesn't pay them to write for the site) doesn't know what he's talking about. The game has been advertised like crazy. Everyone I know with a PS4, even the people that aren't nearly as into games as me, are getting Infamous SS.

WTF does that even mean? We're talking about one guy's subjective opinion on the game. His personal opinion on other games matters, not mine. I haven't played inFamous yet, I don't know if I'd like it more than AC4, which is currently my favorite PS4 game. If he says "inFamous is the best game on the PS4" and we find out his previous favorite game on PS4 was Knack, then I'm gonna be a little bit dubious of his opinion on inFamous.

What's wrong with liking Knack? That game just can't catch a break

Obviously the Forbes contributor (could be just any random person, mind you; Forbes doesn't pay them to write for the site) doesn't know what he's talking about. The game has been advertised like crazy. Everyone I know with a PS4, even the people that aren't nearly as into games as me, are getting Infamous SS.

Here in the US I haven't seen a single piece of advertising for Infamous. They can learn from Microsoft how to create hype for a game

I've seen the advert for it so frequently on British TV.

MercuryLS

Banned
Forbes contributor, or an actual article?

Probably a Forbes contributor which is the equivalent of a long GAF post.

Honestly I think the marketing for this game has been the strongest that Sony has done in a while. The views that this game is getting on Youtube videos is surprising, it's got great buzz around it. I'd imagine positive word of mouth will help tremendously once it comes out.

lucius

So I did the first 3 tests on their Infamous enjoyyourpower.com website for whatever it does, the 4th test asks me for a PTIN entry, is that a code you get when the game is out?

Kssio_Aug

What's wrong with liking Knack? That game just can't catch a break

I dont get that either! Knack, from all games ever, is my 3rd or 4th platinum. Just loved the game and am expecting that they launch a Knack 2 in the future! Also, I am expecting a lot for InFamous SS as Uncharted 4 and The Order.

I never understood the hate against Knack, I believe that game was some kind of "piñata" at the launch titles.

Forbes contributor, or an actual article?

It's a fine contributor article with an update including wonderful anecdotal evidence courtesy of Reddit!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...more-red-carpet-for-ps4s-infamous-second-son/

EDIT: Example below!

Update: An exchange I just witnessed in a reddit thread about Titanfall sales:

Commenter 1: “I’m just glad that PS4 is finally releasing a decent exclusive in a couple days. I felt like my PS4 was just meant for Netflix NFLX -0.84% before this point.”

Commenter 2: “Which exclusive are you referencing?”

Annnd this is what I’m talking about.

Newboi

Yup, everyone's right. It was just a Forbes contributor. It got highlighted on my Google Now feed, so I just assumed it was an official article.

What are you comparing the advertisement to? Titanfall ? Because that is to save the system not just push the game

Top Bottom